A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

so I've ran into a serious problem with the generated world and placing prefabs into the world, I've tried manually placing them by just editing the prefabs.xml and tried within the world editor, and the same problem is happening every time.

When the prefab is placed into the world, any ground that is in the prefab is overridden by the worlds ground texture, so forest floor, gravel, asphalt are all getting replaced with the biome texture. I can't seem to find any way around this and can't find any information on it via posts by others, so i'm posting here sense the world was generated with your tool.

How do I keep it from replacing the 'ground' bits on the prefabs when they are placed? this is happening with all prefabs, default, combopack 42, even some I made myself. Need help with this, as this kinda kills building the world.

EDIT IN:

So... just for giggles... I did some self experimenting... found a solution.

place your prefabs, then save and exit the world editor, go to your worlds folder and delete the following files:

dtm_processed.raw

splat3_processed.tga

splat4_processed.tga

load your world in the world editor or a live game, and the textures for the buildings that 'should' of been on the ground will appear on the ground now. Makes it abit tough for adding some things in but, it works, don't know any other way to fix it.

Edited by caleb68 (see edit history)

It's the first time Im trying this out and whenever I get to the trader begining quest I end up with this.

(Filename: <9d3ce62bccb44fc0b638ccdfcdc35c56> Line: 0)

2019-12-03T20:13:56 709.591 INF Time: 11.27m FPS: 56.33 Heap: 2113.1MB Max: 2161.6MB Chunks: 725 CGO: 531 Ply: 3 Zom: 0 Ent: 5 (7) Items: 0 CO: 3 RSS: 4972.4MB

2019-12-03T20:13:57 709.758 INF [DECO] written 0/3

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ObjectiveGoto.GetPosition (EntityNPC ownerNPC, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] usedPOILocations, System.Int32 entityIDforQuests) [0x0017e] in <9d3ce62bccb44fc0b638ccdfcdc35c56>:0

at ObjectiveGoto.UpdateState_NeedSetup () [0x00020] in <9d3ce62bccb44fc0b638ccdfcdc35c56>:0

at BaseObjective.Update (System.Single deltaTime) [0x0003c] in <9d3ce62bccb44fc0b638ccdfcdc35c56>:0

at QuestEventManager.Update () [0x00016] in <9d3ce62bccb44fc0b638ccdfcdc35c56>:0

at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00097] in <9d3ce62bccb44fc0b638ccdfcdc35c56>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <9d3ce62bccb44fc0b638ccdfcdc35c56>:0

It only happens on Nitrogen generated maps and I dont know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated

Hey Damocles, I love what you have created here! I just donated - keep updating and I'll keep donating.

My only suggestion is a setting that generates 10 or 20 maps with the current settings so that I can let it grind away for an hour and then look through the results to pick the best map.

I love what you're doing!

Thanks for the support.

I can have a look at adding a batch option to the config, making it spit out several maps.

Its dangerous though, as your harddrive can be filled up.

----

@caleb

You can edit the prefabs, but only BEFORE loading the world the first time.

The game will go over the original map, generating the "processed" files, placing things like road and mud textures.

If you delete all of them, the game will redo them, thus making your prefab look correct again.

(Editing the processed files, you can even remove the mud texture around lakes, if you can handle that specific TGA format)

You can edit the prefabs, but only BEFORE loading the world the first time.

The game will go over the original map, generating the "processed" files, placing things like road and mud textures.

If you delete all of them, the game will redo them, thus making your prefab look correct again.

(Editing the processed files, you can even remove the mud texture around lakes, if you can handle that specific TGA format)

yeah it seems to be a bug with the world editor, i tried the same with the default world map and it was having the same issue, so not related to the world generator at all. odd thing is there are some prefabs (not many) that actually will show their default ground texturing when placed while the majority of them won't.

back to the water issue, i changed the elevation of my map (shifting the elevation up 2 pixel shades) and the missing water blocks in the surrounding water area changed, not as much missing now so not sure if that is related somehow to the elevation. if it is, its a odd math bug as there doesn't seem to be any consistency to it. it does appear to be the same size as a chunk loading in at the edge of the 'viewable' area. noticed that when using fly and passing though the landscape.

Folks, are the generated maps that go in the "GeneratedWorlds" directory stored someplace else as well?

I really messed up my game, in short, I created 2 16k maps of the same name, one with Compo and one without, when I did this, both would appear in game. Since that point, I've started having crashes and losing my bikes on a reload. Another weird thing is, every time I craft a bike and put it down, 2 appear.

So I uninstalled the game, I made sure the 7d2d dir under both the steam apps/common and the user/app data/roaming were both deleted. I then reinstalled the game, when I loaded it, 1 of the 2 16k maps was still available (not sure how this was possible when the appdata/roaming dir was gone and now re-created with the defaults and that 16 nitrogen map was not in the directory).

I didn't even try to load it, I created a new 16k map and started playing that. The problem is, I'm still getting crashes and the double bike drop is still happening.

I know I dug my own hole, I've played nitrogen maps and compo by themselves and never had a problem, everything started when I stupidly created 2 maps of the same name, but I thought I'd ask for any suggestions, even for a clean install (still don't understand how that generated map was still in the list after a reinstall).

TIA

Thanks for the support.

I can have a look at adding a batch option to the config, making it spit out several maps.

Its dangerous though, as your harddrive can be filled up.

Well, now you're just thinking about the needs of the common man. That would never happen to a member of the PC Master Race

/s

Seriously though, that is a valid concern and I'm glad you are thinking all this through very carefully. Perhaps a warning not to output to the C:\ drive?

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Edited by jcaustic (see edit history)

Folks, are the generated maps that go in the "GeneratedWorlds" directory stored someplace else as well?

I really messed up my game, in short, I created 2 16k maps of the same name, one with Compo and one without, when I did this, both would appear in game. Since that point, I've started having crashes and losing my bikes on a reload. Another weird thing is, every time I craft a bike and put it down, 2 appear.

So I uninstalled the game, I made sure the 7d2d dir under both the steam apps/common and the user/app data/roaming were both deleted. I then reinstalled the game, when I loaded it, 1 of the 2 16k maps was still available (not sure how this was possible when the appdata/roaming dir was gone and now re-created with the defaults and that 16 nitrogen map was not in the directory).

I didn't even try to load it, I created a new 16k map and started playing that. The problem is, I'm still getting crashes and the double bike drop is still happening.

I know I dug my own hole, I've played nitrogen maps and compo by themselves and never had a problem, everything started when I stupidly created 2 maps of the same name, but I thought I'd ask for any suggestions, even for a clean install (still don't understand how that generated map was still in the list after a reinstall).

TIA

You have your Save files .. that need to be Cleaned out also .. which do not delete .. unless you manual do it and normally are on the user _ roaming. Don't know how your system is set-up .. only advise is look for 7d2d save files.

city in center style map?

First this is really nice. Thanks for doing this and making it fairly easy to link with CompoPack.

I was wondering if it can generate a map where the city is in the middle with small POIs distributed in a radius around the central city?

The idea is to have just enough resources on the outside and a nice big city to raid in the middle.

First this is really nice. Thanks for doing this and making it fairly easy to link with CompoPack.

I was wondering if it can generate a map where the city is in the middle with small POIs distributed in a radius around the central city?

The idea is to have just enough resources on the outside and a nice big city to raid in the middle.

I don't know about random worlds but you can do it with hightmap worlds, you create a mask file and set a city location in the center of the mask file, then set the generator to only generate one city, far as the outskirt places just turn off the types you don't want, and leave the others on and set to what ratio you want them to generate.

This will generate a city at the center or very close to the center and then you'll just have poi/towns on the outskirts.

Traders still showing when no traders selected

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I'm looking to run a world with no traders and when selected it didn't work.

My previous run had it set to a very high amount of traders and it worked perfectly. The next run when set to 'no traders' still seemed to have produced a high amount of traders.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any help and this tool is awesome! Totally renewed my interest in the game.

Edit: disregard. I ran this again and it worked fine.

Edited by Maxx_98
Update (see edit history)

You have your Save files .. that need to be Cleaned out also .. which do not delete .. unless you manual do it and normally are on the user _ roaming. Don't know how your system is set-up .. only advise is look for 7d2d save files.

Thanks, I must have missed something because I cleared everything out again and reinstalled and this time the map didn't show up. There is still something out there though because my custom keymaps, vid settings etc were still there.

Anyway, started a new game, haven't gotten far enough to craft a bike to see if I get two again, but I haven't had any crashes yet - fingers crossed!

TIA

like gpstargate said - u have to remove the savegamefolder too

its there:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie

to get the Roaming-folder displayed you have to allow windows to display HIDDEN files and folders

(windows-properties)

Hello

I tested an older version or there was no radioactive area on the edge of the card, this option is it available automatically in the random editor please?

thx

you can create your own radiation zone making radiation.png or using a existing one from another map. You'd have to look at a existing one to get the color code for the radiation border. any area marked with that will be the deadly radiation.

- - - Updated - - -

like gpstargate said - u have to remove the savegamefolder too

its there:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie

to get the Roaming-folder displayed you have to allow windows to display HIDDEN files and folders

(windows-properties)

or in the address bar just add \AppData and press enter once your in the user folder :)

Downloaded it, extracted, and installed. Runs but refuses to generate any map. Uninstalled same.

I think I had the same problem, I wasn't reading the directions and installed the 32bit JAVA version. Installed the 64bit version and things ran fine.

Damocles, Good day

Have a question .. One thing that I have Noticed and not sure How to fix it.

When I make a map and I have tried all types of Roads so far .. I can not seem to get roads, that will go all the way across the map from N to S or E to W .. they break outside of towns or cities on the most part …. I'm just looking for a couple, like the main 7d2d game has going all the way.

IS there a setting that I am missing or is there a way that you could "ADD" 1 more road condition .. like " A Few full connected crossing roads" .. Well something like that in Wide .

It's a thought. Hoping you have a great week .. the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

Damocles, Good day

Have a question .. One thing that I have Noticed and not sure How to fix it.

When I make a map and I have tried all types of Roads so far .. I can not seem to get roads, that will go all the way across the map from N to S or E to W .. they break outside of towns or cities on the most part …. I'm just looking for a couple, like the main 7d2d game has going all the way.

IS there a setting that I am missing or is there a way that you could "ADD" 1 more road condition .. like " A Few full connected crossing roads" .. Well something like that in Wide .

It's a thought. Hoping you have a great week .. the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

The way roads are defined is bit different than RWG. They are placed after the cities/towns (and other POIs) etc where created.

So to get a really long road, you would have to have the cities very spread apart, without "waypoints" like farms inbetween.

In this case a road could cross the whole map.

----

Im working on a another project currently, and will slow down the updates for NitroGen a bit.

I have a few new things in my local build, but will wait until I have a bit more to include for the next update. (unless there is some serious bug showing up)

Im working on a another project currently, and will slow down the updates for NitroGen a bit.

I have a few new things in my local build, but will wait until I have a bit more to include for the next update. (unless there is some serious bug showing up)

Be nice to see what new features your adding, is your other project game related? :D

P.S. The water bug - I reordered part of water info file, just on a hunch, and it cleared up parts of the water issue, but at the same time, a new block of missing water appeared. checking the numbers of where the latest water was missing it seemed to effect water aprox. 3/4ths through the file, moving those blocks to the front caused those ones to reappear but caused others at around the same area in the file to go missing.

I'm thinking that the water bug may be related to the sheer numbers of water blocks that are being put into the world, somewhere along the way of reading and placing the blocks its losing the information. The missing blocks are ranging from 1 wide to 10 wide and can reach across the entirety of the map.

So it brings on several questions.

First, would it be possible to reorder the water info so that it starts from the center of the map and works outward to the outer edges of the map sense the bug seems to pop up the further in the file it goes.

Second question, is it possible to control the max depth of the water info? is that controlled by the depth of the landscape or is there something in the file itself that controls the depth? I've found that some areas that are land contain two blocks one land one water, thats why this question.

Thanks for any info you can provide :)

Edited by caleb68 (see edit history)

so im trying to add in NewLifeExperience mod's custom prefab vault, having alittle bit of trouble with the line

NLE_Vault69,COMMERCIAL;DOWNTOWN;INDUSTRIAL;RESIDENTIALNEW;RESIDENTIALOLD,0,-9,48,8,78,alone

Now i thought about it i got thaty working, but id like to set it up as a custom Town so and then select two (of each type)

what would i have to change at the end? which one of these custom town sets shopuld i use?

//custom_town_size_18

//custom_town_size_12

//custom_town_size_10

//custom_town_size_8

there is two other but their reserved for asiatown and destryed, i just want atleast 2 of these vaults in world along with compopack42.

Be nice to see what new features your adding, is your other project game related? :D

P.S. The water bug - I reordered part of water info file, just on a hunch, and it cleared up parts of the water issue, but at the same time, a new block of missing water appeared. checking the numbers of where the latest water was missing it seemed to effect water aprox. 3/4ths through the file, moving those blocks to the front caused those ones to reappear but caused others at around the same area in the file to go missing.

I'm thinking that the water bug may be related to the sheer numbers of water blocks that are being put into the world, somewhere along the way of reading and placing the blocks its losing the information. The missing blocks are ranging from 1 wide to 10 wide and can reach across the entirety of the map.

So it brings on several questions.

First, would it be possible to reorder the water info so that it starts from the center of the map and works outward to the outer edges of the map sense the bug seems to pop up the further in the file it goes.

Second question, is it possible to control the max depth of the water info? is that controlled by the depth of the landscape or is there something in the file itself that controls the depth? I've found that some areas that are land contain two blocks one land one water, thats why this question.

Thanks for any info you can provide :)

RWG places waterspawners every 8 meters (even denser) in a regular grid all over the map. (water_info.xml)

I suppose they know internally that the water "flood-filling" is buggy here.

In theory a few dozent water spawners would suffice. But I guess that would be a tricky problem to solve given the chunked nature of the world. (its generated parts at a time ingame, and the water is a complex volume spanning many chunks)

What I could do is making the water-grid even denser here.

--------------------

The dept of the water is controlled by the water-level (in the configs) and the stamps.

The stamps are not flexible enough to change the water level in the fly. It would require recalculating the final terrain map internally to change

those levels. (like raising or lowering the typical lake ground levels) Its possible, but not implemented.

--------------------

The other project is also game related, but in the very early stages, too early to show anything (and not related to 7DtD).

so im trying to add in NewLifeExperience mod's custom prefab vault, having alittle bit of trouble with the line

NLE_Vault69,COMMERCIAL;DOWNTOWN;INDUSTRIAL;RESIDENTIALNEW;RESIDENTIALOLD,0,-9,48,8,78,alone

Now i thought about it i got thaty working, but id like to set it up as a custom Town so and then select two (of each type)

what would i have to change at the end? which one of these custom town sets shopuld i use?

//custom_town_size_18

//custom_town_size_12

//custom_town_size_10

//custom_town_size_8

there is two other but their reserved for asiatown and destryed, i just want atleast 2 of these vaults in world along with compopack42.

Thats the Custom-Zone list, and the zones compopack reserved.

//(towns have a main aphalt road, the number indicates the number of POIs spawned in this custom town)

//custom_town_size_25 (reserved for Destroyed Town)

//custom_town_size_18

//custom_town_size_15 (reserved for Asiatown)

//custom_town_size_12

//custom_town_size_10

//custom_town_size_8

//(settlements have a gravel road)

//custom_settlement_size_10

//custom_settlement_size_8 (reserved for AIRPORT SETTLEMENT 1)

//custom_settlement_size_5 (reserved for AIRPORT SETTLEMENT 2)

//custom_settlement_size_3

//(outback POIs have a single dead-end road leading towards them)

//custom_outback_size_4

//custom_outback_size_3

//custom_outback_size_2

//custom_outback_size_1 (reserved for AIRPORT BIG)

You could add your POI to "custom_outback_size_2" for example, Maybe together with some other small POI that you like.

NLE_Vault69,CAN_BE_IGNORED,0,-9,48,8,78,alone;custom_outback_size_2

Size 2 means that the custom groups will have two POIs (two times the same, if there is only one in this zone).

The amount of those groups that spawn can be set in the UI.

Its always the same amount for each custom-group type. (else the UI would blow out of proportion)