A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

can you add the possiblility to set the ratio of biomes in percent?

is this even possible?

Setting the ratios for the biomes would be most useful. Rather than paint in small area of circular craters of wasteland or splashes of burned forest you could then have distinct and defined biomes like a regular generated RWG map.

What you can do is to create your own biomes.png file for the generated map and use the biome fixer if needed. The only consideration, perhaps, is that the created map can have areas like white mountain range type clusters which need to be for the snow biome.

Edited by Dibbler (see edit history)

Here is a prelimenary Test creating custom biomes for Darkness Falls:

NitroGen for Alpha 18 v0.473 (Darkness Falls zones)

You can add the custom biome using the "Special Zones" option. This will generate larger Areas of the DF zone in the center of the map.

Only run it when you have the mod installed, as the custom biome would throw errors in the vanilla game.

It does NOT include any specific POI logic or Darkness Falls prefabslist yet. (POIs will spawn in any zone)

Here is a Darkness Falls prefablist from a modder, in case you want to try it out.

https://github.com/NickPhaedra/7-Days-to-Die-NitroGen-Prefab-Lists/

Great Tool, great Dude. Thx for that tool, awsome work, love it.

- - - Updated - - -

hi there, where you got the prefab list from ? i only have it for v.39.

I used the COMPOPACK 40 .. by Magoli and it working just Fine with his v.39

Address: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?28057-Compo-Pack-for-Random-Gen

But remember to put it in the 7d2d Prefab list in Game folder .. I forgot that the first time.

works with Stable and Experimental :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Setting the ratios for the biomes would be most useful. Rather than paint in small area of circular craters of wasteland or splashes of burned forest you could then have distinct and defined biomes like a regular generated RWG map.

What you can do is to create your own biomes.png file for the generated map and use the biome fixer if needed. The only consideration, perhaps, is that the created map can have areas like white mountain range type clusters which need to be for the snow biome.

I will add more complexity to the biomes at one point. Especially when there are more stamps, thus having more variety in the the terrain-biome mix. Maybe some more border biome options too.

You can use the current Darkness Falls mode, and exchange the DF_512_Crater_Biome_radiation_zone.png with a transparent image.

This will spawn a huge Wasteland region in the center of the map.

Seeing the cool maps some people manage to make with this which are like 100 times more interesting than what I can get out of this tool makes me thinking if someone would like to make a Thread where people could upload some of their creations? Or does one exist already maybe?

Wish I was able to make better maps but with custom heightmaps I hit a wall ... doing biomes & masks kinda works out but then again im not really creative so...

Am I missing something, i generated a map with the compo pack 39 poi's but none of the buildings are spawning where they say they should be in the generated prefab list. Is there something else I need to do?

Did you actually install the prefabs too? Nitrogen just tells the game what to load later.

Great but if i put it in Folder Ressource of Nitrogen it want show up, only see ------ option for vanilla, combo39 & costumlist. Any Glue ?

Either overwrite the original prefablist.txt or rename and add the file to the configPrefablists.txt.

btw. if you overwrite the original prefablist.txt you have to chose the vanilla option in NitroGen.

Either overwrite the original prefablist.txt or rename and add the file to the configPrefablists.txt.

btw. if you overwrite the original prefablist.txt you have to chose the vanilla option in NitroGen.

Yes fixed it in the configPrefablists.txt.

but it does throw errors like this on 12k maps occasionally

mask free pixel count: 69089670  blocked: 81905274
... detect biomes ...
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -6
       at nitrogen.a.c.a(Unknown Source)
       at nitrogen.a.c.c(Unknown Source)
       at nitrogen.gui.NitroGenUI.run(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Total time taken: 0 min 33 sec

java_UH1RFKWq3q.jpg.5ef1b863a6958659924166feabbb2ab1.jpg

at the time it was only using 6.5gb memory

Edited by Lain (see edit history)

Just an idea.

A batch mode whereby we say we want to produce x amount of maps with the current settings and it names the output folders by increasing numbers would be great, that way we could set it to create a random set of say 20 maps with the current settings, walk away and come back and view each preview and choose the best one depending on road and poi layout etc as they can differ quite a lot.

I especially look for poi positioning and uniqueness and road connectivity.

Being able to set those trader locations too by unique pixel color would be awesome.

Is there possible to make the rivers bigger? I want to hava a map whit big fjords.

look inside the resources directory there is a squiggly line that is for the river, you can use that in paint,.net, or krita or ps if you have it, that will create rivers, also if you copy its color you could form your own, also watch the alpha that it has, me i just copy paste the picture on my map importHM.png and resize and stretch it while its selected.