A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Hello small question.

I play 7DTD with "darknessfalls" A18. i wish i can use all in one prefab's from all big Mod Overhauls. Beacause i love variability.

every time i do all like in the description. the i got ingame "not-Found error's with prefab's Now, how i can fix that?

And Second One :

Is it Possible to Create A map Via Nitrogen with the "new Radioactiv biome" From Darkness falls?

any help is welcome!

With the option "Special zones", it will spawn the radiated zone from Darkness Falls.

Special Prefabs will not spawn on the vanilla settings. There is one darkness falls prefabslists linked in the first post.

But Is It possible to get custom prefab's?. you have a "all in one" but i didn Know how to install. Beacause its a little bit complicatet explaint u know? in the All in one u have RH, Darkness fall etc... so i want to use that. i have all prefab's Downloaded and in my Prefab Folder copyed. so and Now how i can "activate" that all in one, to generated? i need to rename the "all in one prefab list file?" but what name and what is with the old file? or didn really work that as i think? little bit help pls :D

try adding those to the prefablist.txt

or the compopack version if you have all prefabs installed.

DFalls_Military_Bunker,Any,2,-12,29,17,34,farm;smalltown;unique

DFalls_Resarch_Lab1,Any,2,-34,45,41,40,alone;mountain;unique

DFalls_settlement_trader,Any,2,-1,38,22,38,trader

DFalls_DestroyedTrader_01,BiomeOnly,2,-1,37,24,37,alone;mountain

DFalls_DestroyedTrader_02,BiomeOnly,2,-1,35,32,35,alone;mountain

DFalls_DestroyedTrader_03,BiomeOnly,2,-1,43,24,41,alone;mountain

DFalls_DestroyedTrader_04,BiomeOnly,2,-1,41,24,46,alone;mountain

DFalls_DestroyedTrader_05,BiomeOnly,2,-8,45,28,49,alone;mountain

Those are the additional Darkness Falls POIs

try adding those to the prefablist.txt

or the compopack version if you have all prefabs installed.

DFalls_Military_Bunker,Any,2,-12,29,17,34,farm;smalltown;unique

DFalls_Resarch_Lab1,Any,2,-34,45,41,40,alone;mountain;unique

DFalls_settlement_trader,Any,2,-1,38,22,38,trader

DFalls_DestroyedTrader_01,BiomeOnly,2,-1,37,24,37,alone;mountain

DFalls_DestroyedTrader_02,BiomeOnly,2,-1,35,32,35,alone;mountain

DFalls_DestroyedTrader_03,BiomeOnly,2,-1,43,24,41,alone;mountain

DFalls_DestroyedTrader_04,BiomeOnly,2,-1,41,24,46,alone;mountain

DFalls_DestroyedTrader_05,BiomeOnly,2,-8,45,28,49,alone;mountain

Those are the additional Darkness Falls POIs

Thank's Mate! Very much!

ؤhm where i can FInd the option to use "special zone's"?

Sry for asking so much

@TheReaperME3:

Au7vxxw.png

Damnit u have allready a new version... dude u are so fast! problem solved!!

but thank's!

now just the thing with the prefab's sometime's if i loading in the game say to me in the console "prefab not mapping" or other probem's how i can fix that? but well if u mean "combo pack" has all prefab's then i will see... the thing is i downloaded so much prefab's from Big mod overhauls. now i want to use it. but i can only use then ingame if a generate a map. so and now i will try to add this prefab's to the "prefablist". just adding? and then Nitrogen know what to do?

You have to manually edit the prefablists for now. I did not prepare a DF map yet, but have a look at this modders prepared list.

https://github.com/NickPhaedra/7-Days-to-Die-NitroGen-Prefab-Lists/

I have not checked if everything is set up correctly, so you better check the map in god-mode before doing a serious play-through.

You can either add the edited prefablist to resources/configPrefablists.txt or just overwrite the vanilla prefablists.txt

Mixing the CompoPack prefablists with the mentioned entries for DF would give you a lot of additional prefabs, and the DF ones.

is there a way to just regenerate the preview image? I've been working with it and custom heightmaps, edited my own roads, adding my own biomes and poi locations, wondering if its possible to just have it regenerate the preview from the custom edits.

Quick question what is the orange poi's in the preview map now?

These are custom settlements. So, if you are using CompoPack 42, there are several custom POI's that have been arranged to fit into their own category, destroyed towns, airport settlements etc...

These will show up as orange on the preview map. You cant look in the prefablist.txt file to see how they have been categorised.

seem to have a issue with 8k & higher maps - missing water volumes. they always seem to be in the same areas when generating the map, is there anyway to fix the missing water volumes? manually editing in the water via world editor doesn't work all that great, im guessing its a water bug (end up with waterfall like effect).

anyone else notice missing water volumes? they are usually the width of a road (9 blocks) and heading east to west.

seem to have a issue with 8k & higher maps - missing water volumes. they always seem to be in the same areas when generating the map, is there anyway to fix the missing water volumes? manually editing in the water via world editor doesn't work all that great, im guessing its a water bug (end up with waterfall like effect).

anyone else notice missing water volumes? they are usually the width of a road (9 blocks) and heading east to west.

I see that with vanilla as well.. I think its a a18 bug.

Damocles, Good day

Something I have noticed on the last couple 10k maps .. are areas of lakes that are dried up and they are fairly large area .. example would be more like a dried up lake with a small pond or puddle in the middle .. it is all dried up dirt with no grass of any kind ..

Doesn't bother me that much, but looks strange compared to other maps ..

Now with that said .. on the Pre-view map .. they are a darker green areas, so you think it was a meadow of some kind .. but nope just plain old dry dirt.

Is this something New that has been added.

Thank you .. the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

I could do a screenshot if needed to explain better.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Damocles, Good day

Something I have noticed on the last couple 10k maps .. are areas of lakes that are dried up and they are fairly large area .. example would be more like a dried up lake with a small pond or puddle in the middle .. it is all dried up dirt with no grass of any kind ..

Now with that said .. on the Pre-view map .. they are a darker green areas, so you think it was a meadow of some kind .. but nope just plain old dry dirt.

i've seen it on 4k and 8k maps as well, it seems to happen when the land is level with the top of the water, a really large area can turn out to be clay because of it. I noticed it first with shore lines when they had large flat spots that could be considered beaches.

Damocles, Good day

Hi, there are issues with the water spreading. But I cant do much from my side here. I just tell the water where to start from.

The game has some bugs popping up when the waternodes "spread / flood" the water around.

Not sure if placing even more water nodes would help, there are quite a lot already.

It happens mainly in large bodies of water.

It could be linked to the total volume the water checks to fill up (too many iterations), or be related to the edges of chunks, where it stops looking.

Something only the Fun Pimps can solve in the water code.

Maybe someone with technical expertise could check if the water stops exactly at the edge of a chunk.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Hi, there are issues with the water spreading. But I cant do much from my side here. I just tell the water where to start from.

The game has some bugs popping up when the waternodes "spread / flood" the water around.

Not sure if placing even more water nodes would help, there are quite a lot already.

It happens mainly in large bodies of water.

It could be linked to the total volume the water checks to fill up (too many iterations), or be related to the edges of chunks, where it stops looking.

Something only the Fun Pimps can solve in the water code.

Maybe someone with technical expertise could check if the water stops exactly at the edge of a chunk.

this sounds more like the issue i've been running across with the water surrounding the outside area, thought it might be a bug. hopefully they find a way to fix it, seems they've been looking into a waterbug, there is a prefab labeled 'water bug'

- - - Updated - - -

Did this get updates in the meanwhile or does it still generate karst landscapes like the video of guppycur linked in the first post shows?

think you can generate karst landscapes by setting the smoothing to rough, that should give you that effect.

I am having some troubles with the bad company visit command when using a nitrogen generated map.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before, the error i am getting is below

2019-12-03T13:39:38 2496.723 ERR Exception in thread GenerateChunks:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

I get the same error if on 8k or 12k and it is around 25% of completing the terrain visit command. The command being

executed is : visit -20 -20 19 19

I do not get this when using a RWG map only on Nitrogen maps. I have also reached out to Stompy the developer of the bad company mod.

Thanks

I am having some troubles with the bad company visit command when using a nitrogen generated map.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before, the error i am getting is below

I get the same error if on 8k or 12k and it is around 25% of completing the terrain visit command. The command being

I do not get this when using a RWG map only on Nitrogen maps. I have also reached out to Stompy the developer of the bad company mod.

Thanks

Anyone else experiencing this issue with Nitrogen generated maps after speaking to Stompy the fix is to run this command

visit -19 -7 19 19

instead to explore nitrogen maps in the live map.

Thanks

Hi, I have not used that mod to uncover maps. But I aassume it moved the player around in a grid pattern to trigger the chunk generation at every part of the map.

That could of course lead to the game not keeping up with the updates on large maps.

Might be one cause of the chunk data getting messed up. (Out of index points to some reference to a position in the chunk-voxel volume that is not valid, maybe it tries to write into an older chunk-voxel-array)

Another possibility would be that there is actually an error in the map you have tested.

I have never heard of this type of bug. But candidates might be areas that are really high (mountaintops) or have really large buildings that either try to write too high (skyscraper), or too low (deep underground part) into the voxel volume), or that are placed at and over the edge of the map. (you could see that in the preview)

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)