A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

I seem to recall reading a post about this not replicating the same pois in a town. I added compopack 40, so there should be plenty of pois to choose from when generating, but I've seen the same poi adjaent to itself several times now in just wandering a world in game to see whats generated.

Maybe that check got bugged along the way?

With default road widths the cities feel cramped compared to vanilla... would a border of 1 or two blocks around each poi be added to space them apart better?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a way to use this tool in order to make a map that is just one GIANT city?

If not, is this something planned for the future?

I'm pretty sure one of the options added recently does this. Did you explore the generation options?

I seem to recall reading a post about this not replicating the same pois in a town. I added compopack 40, so there should be plenty of pois to choose from when generating, but I've seen the same poi adjaent to itself several times now in just wandering a world in game to see whats generated.

Maybe that check got bugged along the way?

With default road widths the cities feel cramped compared to vanilla... would a border of 1 or two blocks around each poi be added to space them apart better?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure one of the options added recently does this. Did you explore the generation options?

Try choosing city grid "wide"

@ Damocles What decides on the placements of POI's like Crack A Book, Pass N Gas Shotgun Messiah or Shamway Food etc...?

Is there a settings to adjust the frequency or placement..?

On one map I had a large building which had the lit signs for perhaps all of the above within the single structure (only seen that once). In my recent generated map I have two Pass N Gas almost next to each other.

Can those be seen on the preview map, not sure about all the different colours...?

Thanks

@ Damocles What decides on the placements of POI's like Crack A Book, Pass N Gas Shotgun Messiah or Shamway Food etc...?

Is there a settings to adjust the frequency or placement..?

On one map I had a large building which had the lit signs for perhaps all of the above within the single structure (only seen that once). In my recent generated map I have two Pass N Gas almost next to each other.

Can those be seen on the preview map, not sure about all the different colours...?

Thanks

Quick answer .. Front page there is a color code .. but for each type of building .. I don't think so. ….. But the master can answer it better

All the info is basically in the prefablist.

Every city places citycenter, downtown, houses and industrial POIs.

The chance for each POI in a city is the same. But the generator will only try to pick each POI once per settlement (to avoid ugly repetitions).

If you want to DOUBLE the change of a POI appearing just copy paste its line in the prefabslist.

This is considered a new POI type to spawn then.

For the colors for each zone-type I have posted a list here somewhere. In the first post is a list (a user translated them into colored text.)

I downloaded the tools and setup a map on my Dedicated Server this weekend.

I just wanted to say WOW!!!!! This is an awesome tool, and it only took 2 minutes to generate an 8k map.

Following the Dev notes on the server install to just modify the map name and seed in the servercfg file worked like a charm.

The world it generated is beyond awesome!

Thanks for this!

Try choosing city grid "wide"

Thanks for that suggestion. Using the next grid size down and one up wider roads than nitro default looks like it gives me more the vanilla 7 days feel.

Some of the issues in seeing might just be because of compopack's pois. Smaller ones appearing in odd places.

I wonder if some could/should be moved to biome deco?

It IS great thought to had the quest puzzle pois along with a mix of more standard ones, and it's SO good to see some places I hadn't seen since a16.

I think I have something set wrong on generation...cities are looking less natural than vanilla.

What I think I'm seeing is each poi is treated like a city block, with roads mostly around them.

Shouldn't instead I see several pois next to each other and possibly behind them, and then roads around those clusters like a real world city block? (I'm not sure if I have something set wrong, or if this is how nitrogen is supposed to be generating them.

I'll follow this up with my settings screen cap.

1934382086_Nitrogenssttings.jpg.2c16583ed427b07707372e522a1ece88.jpg

Edited by Gareee (see edit history)