A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

You are a saint @Jost Amman :)

So I thought that in A19 the 4x4 truck was supposed to be equal speed to the motorcycle. Capp00 did some testing and as it turns out it's actually faster than the motorcycle. Will this be balanced in A20?

Speeds are indentical at 9,14. Truck has a higher torque at 5k vs 3k. Uphill force is identical.

8 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

@Jost Amman Is there a tutorial anywhere on how I can download the trader m*d?

I'm sorry, i don't know, as I said I just stumbled on it while searching... aren't there instructions on the mod's page?

Edit: yeah, I see there are no instructions at all... I'd suggest you ask a question there directly to the mod author.

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

And success. :D Restock: day 8.

(Not a fan of the forum's new restrictions on uploading images based on file size... The best I could do for evidence was 128x120. 😕 Nevermind then.)

Also if Rekt says one more foul mouthed thing to me I'm going to reset his inventory restock intervals down to "0" because nobody likes him. 😠 😜 

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Hi @madmole, sorry to bother you for this, but there's people on Steam claiming you don't give a @%$# about building.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/3109142236158743680/?tscn=1613061701#c3111394481601281631

I told 'em it's ridiculous and that you're actually into building. In fact you both build cool BM bases and very nice "weekday" bases that you showcase here.

This guy is pointing to one of your comments some time ago, here:

I told him that he's reading to much into it and that comment was mainly about performance. Can you please clear this out once and for all?

Do you support building, crafting, etc... or do you just want to convert 7D2D to a "dumb FPS"?

Wouldn't matter. Madmole already clarified his position on this "once and for all" but people always go dig up whatever quote they want to use to stir things up. He could answer you right now and in six months some other guys will bring it all up again and go back to the original quote ignoring what Madmole answers you here and now. On the internet, with trolls at their keyboards, there is no such thing as "once and for all".

It also obvious that the poster that Josh is referring to found a post that somewhat supports his position but didn't put in context or even look further in the thread.  If he is basing his argument on that one post about what MadMole wants the game to be, proving any other evidence the poster will just fall back to "Oh MM changed his mind after an outcry from players".   He also claims that his evidence is a "deleted post" but doesn't have anything to show for it.  You can't disprove a negative so spending any time to do it is a waste of time with those people.

If you read the original posts and follow the actual thread where MM spoke on this, you see that MM was talking about the issues they were having with performance by going with a total destructible environment (down to bedrock).  I actually clicked the link and read the diary from where the poster got his "evidence" and after reading through it I found this from MadMole

Copied and Pasted post of MadMole - Alpha 18 Diary, Posted on 9/19/2019 in response to Laz Man:

"Tower defense, crafting, looting and questing are the bread and butter to this game. Digging is not a core pillar and mining could easily be done without it as well. You could still use foundation blocks to level out a nice place to live or even flatten vertices of static terrain some and have 95% of the game, without 95% of the trouble.

Anyhow we might add it as an option at some point, and use telemetry to see how many people run that version and base our decisions on facts not emotional responses.

IMO a year after its release, 80% would be playing static terrain version because of better visuals, better FPS and they don't give a crap about mining. We could still plop down "earth blocks" to fill in spots etc and make trenches your just building it up instead of digging down its the same net base, just elevated higher. There could be craters from nukes you fill in and have a "basement" or "bunker".

Again we might not even bother we've solved everything except water already. A18 uses UNity's static terrain in the distance, with just voxels where you are in loaded chunks. So there aren't as much gains to make now as there would have been some years ago."

13 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Any word on Spiders being able to climb again, or being able to do anything unique? They are not really a threat at the moment imo beyond their annoying hit box. It'd be cool if they got a ranged web stun attack or something if the wall climb is too much work

They are fun to kill in air. Their animation when you shot him during jump is cool.

Seriously though, we should be able to sell dukes for more dukes. 10 dukes per duke like I had suggested before. Once you loot a duke, you can then sell that duke for 10 dukes, then 10 dukes for 100, then 100 for 1000, then 1000 for 10,000, then 10,000 for 100000, then 100000 for 1 million, then 10 million, then 100 million, then a billion, then 10 billion, then 100 billion, then a trillion, and then...

edit reason: errors

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Khalagar said:

Any word on Spiders being able to climb again, or being able to do anything unique? They are not really a threat at the moment imo beyond their annoying hit box. It'd be cool if they got a ranged web stun attack or something if the wall climb is too much work

They are unique, they jump high and wide. If you only have a melee cage you won't notice, people with elevated platforms usually find a lot of them gnawing their toes.

Simple question, new to the forums, so I haven't checked; is there an end game goal, or just survive until you're bored? Like a story within the game, or something to find, POI to cleanse to give you an ending with like credits, so you can decide if you've had enough, or just reload your file right before end segment and keep playing to continue to try and save off vs larger and stronger hordes?

22 minutes ago, Atrimislegnacra said:

Simple question, new to the forums, so I haven't checked; is there an end game goal, or just survive until you're bored? Like a story within the game, or something to find, POI to cleanse to give you an ending with like credits, so you can decide if you've had enough, or just reload your file right before end segment and keep playing to continue to try and save off vs larger and stronger hordes?

Survive until you're bored... For now.