A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

1 hour ago, Khalagar said:

It seems like Legendary gear is being pushed towards 7 Days 2 Die instead of an update for this game right? I'm fine with it either way,  super excited for the second game, just curious if there's even any intent / point in putting it in this one

Duh? Where'd you get that? :tinfoil3:

5 hours ago, Khalagar said:

It seems like Legendary gear is being pushed towards 7 Days 2 Die instead of an update for this game right? I'm fine with it either way,  super excited for the second game, just curious if there's even any intent / point in putting it in this one

who said that?

I hope that A20 RWG will contain great flexibility with how the player can choose to customize their individual 7 Days To Die experience. If the universe was my oyster and I could magically usher any features into existence, they would be in the following down below. (I am aware that TFP are not miracle workers. ;) Still, I'll be most curious which of the following will make the cut.)

1. Town generation sliders. The first option grants the player to select the quantity of towns that will be contained within their world, with the maximum number increasing depending on the world size. (Ex. 16 for 6k maps, 24 for 8k maps, and 30 for 10k maps.) The player could select through a slider how many or how few towns they so desire. The second slider would allow the player to manipulate the average town sizes on their world, if not allowing them to outright punch in the numbers of each town size they want generated. (i.e. 5 of the largest size, 4 of the size down, etc.) A town density slider would also be a nice feature.

2. Trader generation slider. Probably the least impactful and most impractical tool admittedly, but it would be a nice bonus if we could control the total number of traders per seed. The default basic options could be 1, 5, and 10. I don't see 0 being added as a feature in any realistic situation.

3. Height map slider. The ability to select the ratio of hills, mountains, and flat plains in the world, as well as the quantity of lakes, rivers, and cracks, if not removing them entirely. My main criticism with A18 and A19 terrain generation is flat building spaces are virtually non-existent outside of the town limits.

4. Biome generation slider. Hopefully we'll be able to dial up or down the size limits of the 4 biomes to our liking. Having worlds containing a singular biome would be fantastic.

5. Map border selection tool. Options could be water, mountains, etc.

And of course, slightly off topic, but a gamestage slider would be the icing on the cake. ;)

On 1/23/2021 at 1:37 AM, quixe said:

Here's hoping we get rid of that obnoxious critical wound system.

TFP talked about changes to the critical wound system, but they were more in line to tweaks on the current system and not a new system or going back to the old one.  Unless somethig drastic happens that would cause the current system to go away, we will be seeing a variant of the current system at gold.  I honestly love the new system as it forces you to decide if you want to take counters for all the possible critical injuries and give up inventory space or save the space for loot and risk it.

I might be in the minority but I love the new vultures.  Before they were just an annoyance that you dealt with as an afterthought.  Now they have to factor into your base defenses and how you go out in the world.  Nothing like have 4 of them circling overhead as you are digging up a buried quest and always thinking that you better not take a hit when the zombies spawn in after you find the buried supplies; otherwise you will have 4 angry birds attacking you while you are taking out some zombies with melee....They have a special affinity for Capp00, but they will go after others. 😉

On 1/23/2021 at 3:25 PM, MechanicalLens said:

My only small complaint about this however is this new system has made the knuckle build entirely less effective. In Alpha 18 if you were using the knuckles, you were meant to get hit. You had to take the punches while dealing out some of your own. In Alpha 19, this is not recommended at all. I've tried the fists in Alpha 19 for a short while and I just cannot get into them like I used to.

I have yet to do an endurance build with punching being the main melee attack.  I think after I get done playing with my current agility / knife playthrough, I will try that next just to see how it is.

1 hour ago, Tesiclees said:

You know what would be really cool, regarding bandits.. maybe some bandit outposts.. some new pois that are guarded by bandits, like a small comunity of outlaw survivors.

NPC controlled houses and POIs are in the kickstarter goals. Let's hope.

Is there any news about another Steam sale? There's been one every month for the past 3 months. Or maybe it's only going to be for A20?

Trying to bring my brother in and it being 66% off would sure help a lot. I'd buy it for him whether he wants it or not at that point.

1 hour ago, Treb said:

Is there any news about another Steam sale? There's been one every month for the past 3 months. Or maybe it's only going to be for A20?

Trying to bring my brother in and it being 66% off would sure help a lot. I'd buy it for him whether he wants it or not at that point.

It is 66% off today on Humble Bundle. Go gather your brother into the fold!