A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

On 11/16/2020 at 7:09 PM, Jost Amman said:

Most people play SP or MP on private servers (better performance) so the swing animations are always in-sync.

MP has never been the main focus of the game since most of us play SP and (I think) this game was born as SP, so they'll get there but probably much much later.

Now that they can, I'm curious to see if they'll release statistics regarding how many players play SP vs MP BTW. 🤔

My server is 4' behind me. I still get the the hits with no swing animation.

I've also had the hit THEN the swing.

It's random, so very very hard to pin down.

5 hours ago, canadianbluebeer said:

My server is 4' behind me. I still get the the hits with no swing animation.

I've also had the hit THEN the swing.

It's random, so very very hard to pin down.

I see... then I guess it's just bad coding/syncing on the MP part.

As I said, since MP is not the main focus I guess they'll do a second pass on MP gameplay near or after release.

17 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

As I said, since MP is not the main focus I guess they'll do a second pass on MP gameplay near or after release.

PvP is not their focus, but groups of 1 to 8 players are. AFAIK. And naturally we could talk about the definition of "focus" here.

50 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I've never heard them say multiplayer is not a main focus. They have said their target was single player and small group PVE.   PVP is not a focus, at least right now.

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

I've never heard them say multiplayer is not a main focus. They have said their target was single player and small group PVE.   PVP is not a focus, at least right now.

I would engage in an argument with you about this matter, but that would make it PVP.

2 hours ago, Drucipurr said:

Let me ask this very serious question, I'm very fond of the momentum that this game is moving at; believe me it's great. 

That being said, why don't we have a usable hearse? I as well as a few other players that I know think this would be a perfect addition to the game. Also, preacher zombies to go with the church POI's would be pretty sweet. 

My guess would be that its too limited you can only really use that zombie in one POI, its the same reason why cheerleaders, footballer and strippers have all been removed or replaced.

They are too unique and would only make sense in one location, far better to have some generic zombies that can be used anywhere, than one or two you can only really use in one POI.

34 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Water transport is already in the game... just take a bucket of water and bring it wherever you want! :heh:

bruh i would put barrels on my 4x4 and a boat motor and sail across the sea!

Who needs boats?
Nissan Truck in "Top Gear" | Top gear, Top gear bbc, Nissan trucks
Like this!

TFP i will be waiting for my paycheck

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Yes, gazz can float if you dump his body into a lake without weights. Are you really so dissatisfied with his work? 😄

na i would just eat the paint off of his house, got enough brain damage already! AKA i got brain worms! 

Also i meant to say "Can it float" Again! B R A I N W O R M S 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

On 11/18/2020 at 10:27 PM, SeabeeMan said:

Hello Guys,

I would like to know if by chance will you be doing anything with the Terrain Blocks?

Examples are:  When placing a Snow Terrain block on sand it TURNS into sand but even though it looks like sand you get snowballs from it if you dig it.  

This is a "feature" of microsplat.  The bane of all modders. 

30 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

This is a "feature" of microsplat.  The bane of all modders. 

That is probably the only downside to the microsplat system. The older rendering had way more downsides, including abstract whining from random people. 

Hi, developers to hello!

I don't know how to contact you, so I am here to reply. If I break the rules, please tell me, or tell me how to contact you. Thank you very much!

I am a player from China. Also is the one of the few in China at the same time, continue to insist to do 7 d2d - PVE games video UP (the host), because in China, the game is banned, although cannot live to players, but it is currently in BILIBILI or contribute to video.

I started with A14.6 found 7 d2d, see the game, I'm shocked! This is my ideal of the zombie survival game! So, I buy and start my game life. Up to now, I have to play more than 5000 hours. And constantly promote it in China. Also will continue to tell the other players, don't download cracked versions, do not use a bug! To support the developers!

Beginning from A17, I almost every week to open the VPN to access the BBS, get the latest information game, and then told the Chinese players. But, I found that this speed is too slow, can't as soon as possible, the detailed method tell Chinese players in the game details. If so, I think, I can work together with you? I'm BILIBILI currently has 9800 + the number of fans, all of them are 7 d2d fan! Right! All of them are! At the same time also including me!!!!!!! Because only in my video game 7 d2d, it is the only work in progress.

So, can I add A20 on the closed list?

Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you again for you can see, notice me.
Above all is machine translation. My English is not particularly good, forgive me.

QQ截图20201122103004.jpg

QQ截图20201122103128.jpg

1 hour ago, bilibili-wayne said:

Hi, developers to hello!

I don't know how to contact you, so I am here to reply. If I break the rules, please tell me, or tell me how to contact you. Thank you very much!

I am a player from China. Also is the one of the few in China at the same time, continue to insist to do 7 d2d - PVE games video UP (the host), because in China, the game is banned, although cannot live to players, but it is currently in BILIBILI or contribute to video.

I started with A14.6 found 7 d2d, see the game, I'm shocked! This is my ideal of the zombie survival game! So, I buy and start my game life. Up to now, I have to play more than 5000 hours. And constantly promote it in China. Also will continue to tell the other players, don't download cracked versions, do not use a bug! To support the developers!

Beginning from A17, I almost every week to open the VPN to access the BBS, get the latest information game, and then told the Chinese players. But, I found that this speed is too slow, can't as soon as possible, the detailed method tell Chinese players in the game details. If so, I think, I can work together with you? I'm BILIBILI currently has 9800 + the number of fans, all of them are 7 d2d fan! Right! All of them are! At the same time also including me!!!!!!! Because only in my video game 7 d2d, it is the only work in progress.

Above all is machine translation. My English is not particularly good, forgive me.

QQ截图20201122103004.jpg

QQ截图20201122103128.jpg

Welcome to the forums, any chance you can hook me up with a hot asian chick?

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

欢迎来到论坛,有什么机会让我与亚洲辣妹搭hook?

Asian spice? First of all, you need a can speak not only English, the most important is, she has to be need to be able to understand English... In China, most Chinese people don't understand English, because English class listening speed is slow.
So, you may be disappointed.

4 hours ago, bilibili-wayne said:

Hi, developers to hello!

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for contacting us. That's great that you are playing the game and showing it to your 9000+ followers. In the future, there will be an event for Alpha 20 where you can show it to your followers. We will announce it when it is time and you will just need to contact me when we are taking applications and I will work with you to get signed up. Until then, keep watching the first post of the A20 development diary for information. There will be a new information video being broadcast this coming Wednesday and we will be posting whatever gets revealed and you are welcome to share any of it with your followers.

9 minutes ago, Roland said:

嗨韦恩,

谢谢您联络我们。很高兴您正在玩游戏并将其展示给9000+粉丝。将来,Alpha 20将会有一个活动,您可以在此向您的关注者展示。我们将在适当的时候宣布它,您只需要在我们接受申请时与我联系,我将与您合作进行注册。在此之前,请继续观看A20开发日记的第一篇文章以获取信息。本周三将有一个新的信息视频播出,我们将发布所有发现的信息,欢迎您与您的关注者分享。

To be honest, I'm really very excited! Thank you very much you can see and reply to me!!!!!!! I think, my words can't describe the excited mood!

1 hour ago, terrio said:

i dont know if someone else mentioned this, but currently the cities feel empty, and by empty i mean there are few zombies walking around on streets compared to groups of them, and it feels kinda odd for zombie apocalypse

Everyone went into lockdown when the virus hit...

Joking aside, that's a very good point, the zombies would likely leave the buildings when they hear a noise outside.

Unfortunately, I think the answer is that the last time we had zombies in the street it was too hard on system resources.  Too many zombies, not enough computer.

26 minutes ago, The Gronk said:

Everyone went into lockdown when the virus hit...

Joking aside, that's a very good point, the zombies would likely leave the buildings when they hear a noise outside.

Unfortunately, I think the answer is that the last time we had zombies in the street it was too hard on system resources.  Too many zombies, not enough computer.

i do remember that wasteland cities was very hard around alpha 10 i think, when there was endless stream of zombies swarming and you usualy went here well prepared with tons of ammuniton, honestly i kind of miss that kind of action. At the moment the game suffers from lack of actual endgame, since once you hit some point , it simply becomes boring.

Edited by terrio
forgot quote (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, terrio said:

i do remember that wasteland cities was very hard around alpha 10 i think, when there was endless stream of zombies swarming and you usualy went here well prepared with tons of ammuniton, honestly i kind of miss that kind of action. At the moment the game suffers from lack of actual endgame, since once you hit some point , it simply becomes boring.

I remember those days.  I used to pack enough resources to build a mini-fort and lay safe-ish waypoints throughout the city as I probed further in.  I do miss that mechanic, a brutal slog through zombie-infested streets. 

That said, I think I hit peak mechanic preference with the variable zombie speed setting.  You can pretty much set it to "traditional Romero" without much hassle or fuss.

1 hour ago, The Gronk said:

Yes.... We should have an option to enable Z s, in the city s...

On 11/15/2020 at 5:31 PM, MechanicalLens said:

I'm pretty sure I can speak for a lot of us that some inside corner filler stairs would be grand. Perhaps someday?

7_Days_To_Die_2020-11-15_3_28_37_PM.thumb.png.97e46f498171c85d09e5872bc11c6a6e.png

Also, no more day 2 dog hordes would be great.

That would be great. In a recent game I had 2 dire wolves and a bear on day 2 and a dog horde on day 3. I survived but just barely thanks to an early blunderbuss find.

Having lots of zeds in the cities would not only make it more fun but it would also bring some challenge to what is currently a day 1 lootville ! It used to be "logical" in some way, concentrated loot area = hard area. Back in the days we looted isolated houses and small towns, but a hub city ? Better be ready for that. Right now, there's no reason not to head towards the biggest city nearby on day 1, and it kinda kills any sense of area progression and makes all those isolated POIs / smaller towns a waste of time, not an opportunity.

The best of all would be a dynamic POI concentration spawn filter. 1 isolated house, 1 or 2 roaming zeds. 4 POIs nearby ? A whole bunch of zeds. A rural area with shops and whatnot ? Mirrions ! 

Edited by beHypE (see edit history)