Is there too much gun ammo in the world now ? Or does Lucky looter need a nerf?

Hazitru

I'm loving alpha 19, I just feel like ammo is to easy to find and comes with too of it much in loot. I'm day 2 in my world and I already have 100 pistol ammo and alot of rifle ammo as well lol I think when you find ammo you should find maybe 1 or 2 bullets at a time. I just recieve 150 ammo for a tier 1 u po lol Its harder to get feathers to make arrows then to get bullets. You could pretty much skip the bow and go straight to a pistol or blunderbuss. 

I feel like guns should be more mid game because of how much damage they deal compared to bows. 

Maybe its lucky looter that needs to be nerfed. I spected 1 point into lucky looter and you can tell the difference is alot. You can find really good stuff early on if you just put one point in it after the tutorial. I just don't want to be a level 3 powerhouse you know 😂😂😂 but good work I like the new graphics and how you could get injured now. Great update overall guys especially during this pandemic..

100 pistol ammo doesn't go very far.  I used like 500 on my day 35 defense.  Mid game horde ammo for bows are explosive arrows and they are incredibly effective so you don't need anywhere near as many arrows as you need bullets.  But you'll end up with a crapton of feathers anyways even as bow.

LL defnitly needs a big nerv! 😉

That insane bonus to gamestage gets the player sometimes a chance to get better loot, while it does nothing (lootwise) most of the time.

I think removing the bonus to gamestage and adding a bonus to XP, like miner 69er, so you get a level or 2 per day simply by looting all day would be an approbiate nerv.

Still thinking the lucky looter is a good perk, because of the speed bonus to looting. Might be a better idea to rename it into fast looter.

1 hour ago, Ralathar44 said:

100 pistol ammo doesn't go very far.  I used like 500 on my day 35 defense.  Mid game horde ammo for bows are explosive arrows and they are incredibly effective so you don't need anywhere near as many arrows as you need bullets.  But you'll end up with a crapton of feathers anyways even as bow.

It goes very far early on, but by day 35 I'm already making my own ammo and I wouldnt be using a pistol, maybe as a last resort. I'll have a ak, shotgun and grenades by then. 

1 hour ago, Gr.o.m. said:

LL defnitly needs a big nerv! 😉

That insane bonus to gamestage gets the player sometimes a chance to get better loot, while it does nothing (lootwise) most of the time.

I think removing the bonus to gamestage and adding a bonus to XP, like miner 69er, so you get a level or 2 per day simply by looting all day would be an approbiate nerv.

Still thinking the lucky looter is a good perk, because of the speed bonus to looting. Might be a better idea to rename it into fast looter.

I went from getting junk to beakers and level 2 weapons and tools just by spending 1 point into lucky looter. 

I gotta love how the change to the looting in general made people spec into lucky looter to make sure they get the A18 experience.

The more you progress the more ammo and mats you need in general to survive the hordes, in my opinion it should be buffed in a form that it takes gamestage more into account so the later you are the more you get.

8 minutes ago, Hazitru said:

It goes very far early on, but by day 35 I'm already making my own ammo and I wouldnt be using a pistol, maybe as a last resort. I'll have a ak, shotgun and grenades by then. 

I went from getting junk to beakers and level 2 weapons and tools just by spending 1 point into lucky looter. 

A good info might be your current gamestage.

Still agree you get way too much ammo, especially in quests. A tier 1 can net you 120 7.62mm, that's crazy. 

On day 15 we have around 1200 9mm and 850 7.62mm. That's way too much and makes crafting them a useless feature for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Hazitru said:

Maybe you wouldn't be using a pistol but agility certainly would be.  Remember, firearm choice is determined by your skills.  Shotgun is strength so if you're skilled into strength ofc YOU wouldn't be using a pistol.  But your SMG turrets will be and they eat pistol bullets like mad.  BTW I also used 15 pipe bombs and 10 molotovs :P.  I dunno how many zeds I killed, but it was alot lol.  I'd estimate 200+.  I'm set to 32 zombies at a time.

Normally I'd use less bullets but my trap setup is still a work in progress :D.

Depends on how good your fire control is. 

No such thing as too many bullets imho.  Mind you. later on, I'm crafting 10k batches. 

I dislike running out of ammo.

Day 20 and have just over 1k 7.62, 2k 9mm, and less than 1k .44

few hundred shotgun shells.

MP you can burn through it pretty quick.

(no points in LL)

Lucky Looter is hands down the best perk, it turns your loot game into the strongest meta. By perking into it early you can amass enormous amounts of good loot. This has strong synergy with trader quests and together it's the easiest way to get strong in the game.

I took two ranks of LL, and had blue and purple gear before I hit level 20. I've got about 1k in rifle ammo and 500 pistol; amazingly the only gun I've found so far is a Q1 Hunting Rifle.

Are you seriously complaining that there's too much ammo in the game? Before A19, the game became literally an ammo collecting simulator due to lack of ammo / resources to make ammo. Now you think there's too much. Ridiculous.

If you really think there's too much ammo, then increase the game difficulty so you spend more of that ammo on the spongy zombies, and stop setting the loot percentage so high. I personally am sick and tired of begging for every bit of ammo I can get all the time just so I can survive the 7th day.

4 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Nobody has played A19 long enough on harder difficulties to determine if there is too much ammo or not.

Wow, I didn't know you were able to spy on everyone's playing habits to know that no one plays the game on harder difficulties.

You do realize that there's a lot of ppl out there that spend 10+ hours a day playing this game right?

37 minutes ago, Fox said:

Wow, I didn't know you were able to spy on everyone's playing habits to know that no one plays the game on harder difficulties.

You do realize that there's a lot of ppl out there that spend 10+ hours a day playing this game right?

Latest build just came out.
There isn't enough time in between any of the recent builds. Once A19.0 goes stable, someone could play long enough to be able to do a thorough analysis.
If they didn't start over with a new map, how is anybody supposed to trust such reports?

BTW.. I did not say nobody plays on harder difficulties. I mentioned higher difficulties because you need more ammo. Nobody has played (nor can they play yet) on higher difficulties for long enough to determine what's going to happen at gamestage 200+, not to mention, separate SP and MP games.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

Are you seriously complaining that there's too much ammo in the game? Before A19, the game became literally an ammo collecting simulator due to lack of ammo / resources to make ammo. Now you think there's too much. Ridiculous.

If you really think there's too much ammo, then increase the game difficulty so you spend more of that ammo on the spongy zombies, and stop setting the loot percentage so high. I personally am sick and tired of begging for every bit of ammo I can get all the time just so I can survive the 7th day.

Sounds like you just use your gun too much between horde nights.  I use a bow with sneak attack and/or a sledge on nearly every zombie between horde nights.  For ammo, brass, coal, and nitrate are easy to get.  Never had a problem with ammo before, don't have one now.  Food is more difficult, but they swung the other way and put a crapton more animals in also giving more duct tape...then they rolled that back a bit.  I'd say they'll roll back the ammo somewhat next update.

45 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

In b163, I got to day 43, 60 min days, survivalist, run in the day, sprint at night.
By day 35 I had to make a second chest for my ammo, and I didn't craft a single round.
I DIDN'T have any points in lucky looter.

Any idea what your gamestage was?
All I know is later on, when you have 64 max zombies, at higher GS and high difficulty, I wipe through inventories of ammo packs just to get through a single BM. It has always become very hard to maintain a good stock in the past.
Also, in the past, it has always been typical to obtain what seems like an abundance early on.
There very well could be too much. All I am saying is that I don't believe anybody can truly know right now. Someone might be able to get pretty close to knowing though if they go into console and artificially bump everything up and skip ahead the days until about GS 200... then play out a few weeks using a base or POI that doesn't just allow zombies to run in loops all night during BM.

Can't forget that people could have more frequent BMs.  I don't think they should boost the ammo for a typical 7-day game to accommodate that, but maybe they are... you never know with TFP. However, that could be an ammo issue of its own. Let's say you played 2hr days and you were doing BMs every night... should the amount of ammo available in the world scale to this as well? I'm thinking maybe it should. I've played games with horde night every night, but I never took them to end game levels to know how much of a problem it might be.

5 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Any idea what your gamestage was?
All I know is later on, when you have 64 max zombies, at higher GS and high difficulty, I wipe through inventories of ammo packs just to get through a single BM. It has always become very hard to maintain a good stock in the past.
Also, in the past, it has always been typical to obtain what seems like an abundance early on.
There very well could be too much. All I am saying is that I don't believe anybody can truly know right now. Someone might be able to get pretty close to knowing though if they go into console and artificially bump everything up and skip ahead the days until about GS 200... then play out a few weeks using a base or POI that doesn't just allow zombies to run in loops all night during BM.

Can't forget that people could have more frequent BMs.  I don't think they should boost the ammo for a typical 7-day game to accommodate that, but maybe they are... you never know with TFP. However, that could be an ammo issue of its own. Let's say you played 2hr days and you were doing BMs every night... should the amount of ammo available in the world scale to this as well? I'm thinking maybe it should. I've played game with horde night every night, but I never took them to end game levels to know if how much of a problem it might be.

I recorded my horde night and uploaded it to youtube - I show off my stats screen, armour, weapons and perks. I had 32 zombie count. I did on day 40ish craft 1000 rounds of AP 762, though I only used about 150 towards the end.

58 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

In b163, I got to day 43, 60 min days, survivalist, run in the day, sprint at night.
By day 35 I had to make a second chest for my ammo, and I didn't craft a single round.
I DIDN'T have any points in lucky looter.

Lvl 43 is not high end of the game...

1 hour ago, RyanX said:

Sounds like you just use your gun too much between horde nights.  I use a bow with sneak attack and/or a sledge on nearly every zombie between horde nights.  For ammo, brass, coal, and nitrate are easy to get.  Never had a problem with ammo before, don't have one now.  Food is more difficult, but they swung the other way and put a crapton more animals in also giving more duct tape...then they rolled that back a bit.  I'd say they'll roll back the ammo somewhat next update.

Back in A18... I couldn't use firearms at all because I had to save every bullet for the horde nights. I play on much harder difficulties, so ammo was extremely scarce and takes forever to collect ores and make them.

2 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Latest build just came out.
There isn't enough time in between any of the recent builds. Once A19.0 goes stable, someone could play long enough to be able to do a thorough analysis.
If they didn't start over with a new map, how is anybody supposed to trust such reports?

BTW.. I did not say nobody plays on harder difficulties. I mentioned higher difficulties because you need more ammo. Nobody has played (nor can they play yet) on higher difficulties for long enough to determine what's going to happen at gamestage 200+, not to mention, separate SP and MP games.

My bad... didn't know a new version that changed ammo stuff came out only today.

16 minutes ago, Fox said:

My bad... didn't know a new version that changed ammo stuff came out only today.

Oh, I have no idea if there are any ammo changes in the most recent build. Probably not. I just mean that if we are respecting the devs wishes that we start over for every build, then nobody could have had the time.

It does say in the first change log , "Ammo drops are less abundant in the early game". This is in comparison to the previous streamers-weekend build.
This indicates to me that there is a very good chance that early game ammo is too abundant since it was likely ridiculously abundant for them to lower it after watching the streamers. 
Whether or not this abundance carries on into late game is still to be seen.

14 hours ago, Hazitru said:

I'm loving alpha 19, I just feel like ammo is to easy to find and comes with too of it much in loot. I'm day 2 in my world and I already have 100 pistol ammo and alot of rifle ammo as well lol I think when you find ammo you should find maybe 1 or 2 bullets at a time. I just recieve 150 ammo for a tier 1 u po lol Its harder to get feathers to make arrows then to get bullets. You could pretty much skip the bow and go straight to a pistol or blunderbuss. 

I feel like guns should be more mid game because of how much damage they deal compared to bows. 

Maybe its lucky looter that needs to be nerfed. I spected 1 point into lucky looter and you can tell the difference is alot. You can find really good stuff early on if you just put one point in it after the tutorial. I just don't want to be a level 3 powerhouse you know 😂😂😂 but good work I like the new graphics and how you could get injured now. Great update overall guys especially during this pandemic..

Having ammo really doesn't matter, since odds are you are only going to find blunderbusses early game. just save it up for your later hordes when you actually get a weapon of some kind.

And besides that, you are going to use it up at a blistering pace anyway, since the animals and zoms have stupid high health pools apparently.

It took almost a full clip of 7.62 from my lvl 1 Ak to kill a bear at point blank range, with mostly head shots.

It's in my most recent youtube video on my channel if you want to see for yourself.

2 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Ditto. On my 18.4 game I could burn through 1300 7.62 easy. plus 2-3k junk turret ammo. thats at game stage 200+ ( I want to say gs 250 but dont remember for sure)

I dunno, in The walking dead and z-nation they never ever seem to run out of ammo unless they are surrounded by like 500 zombies.  It fits. XD

4 hours ago, Demandred1957 said:

Having ammo really doesn't matter, since odds are you are only going to find blunderbusses early game. just save it up for your later hordes when you actually get a weapon of some kind.

And besides that, you are going to use it up at a blistering pace anyway, since the animals and zoms have stupid high health pools apparently.

It took almost a full clip of 7.62 from my lvl 1 Ak to kill a bear at point blank range, with mostly head shots.

It's in my most recent youtube video on my channel if you want to see for yourself.

Ditto. On my 18.4 game I could burn through 1300 7.62 easy. plus 2-3k junk turret ammo. thats at game stage 200+ ( I want to say gs 250 but dont remember for sure)

Zombie health is not changed but they doubled the health of bears, wolves, mountain lions, and I think zombie dogs and boars to. I now fear those animals way more than any zombie period.

Archived