Is there too much gun ammo in the world now ? Or does Lucky looter need a nerf?

Hazitru

18 hours ago, Hazitru said:

I'm loving alpha 19, I just feel like ammo is to easy to find and comes with too of it much in loot. I'm day 2 in my world and I already have 100 pistol ammo and alot of rifle ammo as well lol I think when you find ammo you should find maybe 1 or 2 bullets at a time. I just recieve 150 ammo for a tier 1 u po lol Its harder to get feathers to make arrows then to get bullets. You could pretty much skip the bow and go straight to a pistol or blunderbuss. 

I feel like guns should be more mid game because of how much damage they deal compared to bows. 

Maybe its lucky looter that needs to be nerfed. I spected 1 point into lucky looter and you can tell the difference is alot. You can find really good stuff early on if you just put one point in it after the tutorial.

Can't have too much ammo, but we sure can end up not having enough.

Don't like Lucky Looter?

Best solution: Don't spend points in it.  Takes less effort then doing so, and nets you a point you spend on other stuff.

7 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

All I know is later on, when you have 64 max zombies, at higher GS and high difficulty, I wipe through inventories of ammo packs just to get through a single BM. It has always become very hard to maintain a good stock in the past.

But that's beside the point. It's like saying food is too abundant because late game it's a non-issue. What if every zombie suddenly is a glowing zombie day 1, balanced because you can take it on in late game ?

Point being, early game ammo is way too abundant. Hordes 7 / 14 are already a breeze without real guns, but with 1K+ rounds none of which got "worked for", it's really just a snoozefest. Just because you need 5K bullets for a horde night on GS 500 doesn't mean that you should start finding 100+ everyday from day 1.

12 minutes ago, beHypE said:

But that's beside the point. It's like saying food is too abundant because late game it's a non-issue. What if every zombie suddenly is a glowing zombie day 1, balanced because you can take it on in late game ?

Point being, early game ammo is way too abundant. Hordes 7 / 14 are already a breeze without real guns, but with 1K+ rounds none of which got "worked for", it's really just a snoozefest. Just because you need 5K bullets for a horde night on GS 500 doesn't mean that you should start finding 100+ everyday from day 1.

That may be so... but the premise of this topic is that there is too much ammo, and therefore lucky looter needs nerfing. I'm the one pointing out the necessity to differentiate between early game, mid game, late game etc. but for some reason you have bypassed that and got defensive about the one reason why this is a bad idea that I provided instead of the understanding the reasoning behind it. I could come up with others, but I didn't as it's not necessary to prove my point. Lucky looter affects all stages of gameplay.

Then the whole balance depends on your income, sinks and playstyle. S

• How much ammunition you acquire through looting, crafting and trading
  • How many challenges in game requires you to use your ammo on them
  • How effective you are at using your ammunition
  • How often you substitute your with melee

In the end, there is so many variables at play, its quite hard to balance it. Its not just about changing loot tables.

Everybody prefers a bit different playstyle. FPS players will prefer ammo be an non-issue from day one. Survival players will want ammo to be scarce so you use it sparingly.  Which way should the balance go?

Here comes the importance of vision. Is the game supposed to be more about survival, or FPS looter shooter? Is it supposed to be about choices and smart play, or just having brainless fun? In the end, it can go only one way, you can satisfy only one group of people. Try to do both and you piss of everyone.

Personally I incline more for the ammo scarcity, as this game is supposed to be largely about survival and is marketed as such.

Archived