I find a19 boring compared to a18 myself.

Scyris

Due to the new loot system, the tiering is fine, the problem is its way to easy to find quality 4-6 items, Every container I open now has quality 6 items, and while its only scrap armor this will apply to the other tiers as well. It just removed the randomness from looting and ruined it for me. Keep the primitive->iron->steel tiering but reapply a18's difficulty for finding quality 4 and up items, so that 4 is very rare, 5 is extremly rare, and qual 6? you been blessed by rngesus, no matter how high your gamestage is. This is my only real gripe with a19 so far, the loot system and how it makes crafting almost worthless for gear. I loved a18's randomness, you could find a quality 6 item on day 1 if your really lucky, even late game, finding quality 5-6 was very rare so it always made looting fun to see what I can find, but in a19, its far to linear and predictable now that it kinda ruined it for me.

I think a19 is the alpha I got bored of the fastest due to the new loot system, and how trivial it makes the game and ecnonmy, all these guarnteed qual 6 items makes earning dukes a complete joke.

I actually like it.. 

You progress through quality and tiers.. 

Stone Shovel, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 

Then Iron Shovel 1, 2, 3, etc... 

Make me feel more like actually making progress and getting better then pure luck. 

37 minutes ago, Jeraal said:

And I'm here bored with an un-modded game ever since A17 dropped. 

lol...amazing. Life's too short to hang around something that is boring for over a year. A16 is never coming back so if it is a misplaced hope for that I'll let you off the hook right now. A20 is going to be built upon the A17, A18, A19 architecture as well. You going to hang around for another year being bored?

Yeah loot is extremely segmented now. It seems like you go through "stages" where you find absurd amounts of a specific kind of loot, and then slowly that loot gets phased out and you start finding better loot. In my A19 save I've reached the point where I'm consistently finding level 2-3 "Tier One" items (Stone/Cloth being Tier Zero), and it seems to be physically impossible to find anything better outside of the Trader, who I bought a level 4 machete from on day 5. I can't say I dislike the new loot system, it is definitely vastly more consistent, but it is definitely more stagnant. You don't get those "holy @%$*#! what a lucky find" moments any more outside of when you get lucky and find a book or recipe that you really needed, but at the same time you also don't get totally @%$*#!ed by RNG just not giving you anything useful any more. Doing night 7 horde with no guns at all (aside from a blunderbuss) was a completely new experience, one that I honestly appreciated but could also understand why people might not like it.

What? Saying that the game is boring is a legit opinion. How on earth is it snarky to say something is boring? That´s sharing your personal experience. Yes, it´s not actually usefull feedback due to the lack of detail. But snarky? Meh.

And right now it is kinda boring once you saw the new POI´s. You know what you can expect to loot in the next few days. Found the recipe for the motorcycle chassis, next day i found the accessoire recipe.  Same happened with the truck and the gyro.

If you find a level 5/6 baseball bat you know you will find a steel club soon. It´s predictable. And that makes it boring.

I know TFP is hyped about the new look and it does look good, but as always gameplay>graphics.

Let´s hope A20 will bring improvements here.

2 hours ago, Roland said:

lol...amazing. Life's too short to hang around something that is boring for over a year. A16 is never coming back so if it is a misplaced hope for that I'll let you off the hook right now. A20 is going to be built upon the A17, A18, A19 architecture as well. You going to hang around for another year being bored?

One guy says he's bored with 19. The next guy says he finds 19 better than 18. And I say that I like 16 better than 17, 18 and 19. And yes, I play modded because I don't like a lot of the changes that were made since 17. I enjoyed 16 and eventually went modded to enhance the experience. Vanilla alpha's after that, I go modded to try and make this game fun again. And while I know that 16 is never coming back, it's because of what the game once was and how much I enjoyed it that I keep coming back hoping for a fun experience again. I know I can go back and play 16, but at this point it's a little dated and I do like some of the stuff that's been added since.

Still though its pretty good that this is really the only thing that bugs me with a19, and its something that could be fixed in a .1 update or something. Like i said leave the tier 0, 1,2,3 thing, but make it so quality 4+ is always very rare no matter what GS your at.

Yeah it really feels off that you can find level 6 padded cloth that is basically the same as almost all leather armor youll find, without any penalties. If the rarity of level 5/6 items isn't reduced their stats should be. Even a stone shovel 5/6 is quite often better than a mid tier Iron shovel.

1 hour ago, Esperante said:

plain and simple if your bored with the game then dont play it but dont come on here @%$*#!ing about it and Roland loves being snarky especially when someone is snarky first :)

"If you don't like the way we do things around deez parts then you can just git outta here"

Yup, that's the way we do things around these here parts....

9 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

What? Saying that the game is boring is a legit opinion. How on earth is it snarky to say something is boring? That´s sharing your personal experience. Yes, it´s not actually usefull feedback due to the lack of detail. But snarky? Meh.

If I perceived it wrongly then I apologize but as Jeraal pointed out there were others stating that A19 felt boring and you didn't hear a peep from me about those posts because I agree that saying A19 is boring and pointing out why is legitimate and important feedback. But to just post that you've been bored since A17 dropped and give nothing else to go along with that strikes me as being snarky beyond just wanting to chime in that A19 is boring. This topic is about A19 so to go beyond that to say, Oh yeah?  I've been bored of this game for the past year or so....

Come on. If not snarky it was at least sly.....

27 minutes ago, guardianangelmp said:

"If you don't like the way we do things around deez parts then you can just git outta here"

Yup, that's the way we do things around these here parts....

If we REALLY did things like that around here I would just ban people left and right rather than simply mirror back the same tone they led with. Nobody has to git outta here but this is a public forum so the way in which people express their opinion is going to draw comment-- just like you guys are doing to me which is fair and still very much visible. You didn't like my response and you obviously feel secure enough in the fairness of this forum to be able to express that to me without fear of reprisal.

Jeraal knows things are never going to return to the A16 way yet they stay to complain in such a way that is entirely nonconstructive as pApA even pointed out. That's their right. Usually such behavior is for the purpose of convincing the devs to change directions. But in this case there is no chance for that happening. Like I said A20 will be an extension of the A17, A18, and A19 path as will A21.

So if Jeraal has been bored over the past year they can expect to continue to be bored over the next year and onward unless they somehow adapt and learn to enjoy what the game now has to offer. If modding the game fixes the issues then why not post praises of that?  That is a nice positive outcome.  Negativity is effective feedback up to the point where you realize that you aren't going to get your way. To continue the negativity after that point is just sour grapes. Those who feel negative about the change in direction after A16 need to realize that no amount of negativity on their part is going to effect a change. TFP has chosen the version they want for gold release and they are locked into their choice now because they are committed to finishing.

7D2D became boring for me after a week of first playing back in A15. Vanilla that is, cause I found out about mods and now I have 3,500 hours in this damn game. 

So I totally agree this game can get boring. But instead of whining, change it. Its what makes this game GREAT for me.

I have absolutely no understanding why people say they will never touch mods. It is what's going to keep this game going. Certainly can't wait for gold, to see what new mods become available.

13 hours ago, Scyris said:

its something that could be fixed in a .1 update or something. Like i said leave the tier 0, 1,2,3 thing, but make it so quality 4+ is always very rare no matter what GS your at.

Really wish they will take the time to revamp it before A20. I feel it should apply to the tier as well so that the world revolves less around the player. Like keeping T3 relatively rare anyway, more dependent on zone and POI lootlists and perhaps on GS but by a much smaller factor. 

It would be great if the amount of player control and predictability in this case, was more in line with gameworld information (the kind of POI, zone), rather than meta information like player level. Still nothing should feel guaranteed. That would also require less homogenized zones and enemy GS scaling. This already happens to a degree (guns are more likely in SM, medicine more likely hospital, different zombie groups), but both item and enemy scaling are imo too depended on that meta number that solely revolves around the player we call GS. 

On top of that they could make GS fluctuate, with both random events and player actions, although that will turn out to be problematic if applied globally and when BM are largely already influenced by it, so they could just be zone specific.

At any case, like Roland says, none is obliged to listen to every random's opinion and especially not the devs, if they are content with what they have. It's not like they don't have many reasons to be content already -- many, if not most of the changes since A16, ticked those design sanity checks and imo were educated choices towards a more structured game.

Now, as players, it is not our place to tell them how to balance their game with "overly constructive" feedback, but it's perfectly legitimate to describe how we feel about the current state (that's what feedback should do), even if the game is moving towards a different direction imo. Those who really do want to play a different game and are sour about pretty much anything this one has to offer, have already moved on and won't bother posting anyway.

I can respect the intent of the progression change. And I can see the benefits and disadvantages of both approaches.

But I think the new progression makes replays far too uniform. It was exciting to find a t4 item early and then that shapes your character moving forward.  The random loot injected an early major variable early that forced you down a different path every time. Right now, I think I liked that more.

Now I fear that every single play-through will be near identical. 

1 minute ago, Axonius said:

I can respect the intent of the progression change. And I can see the benefits and disadvantages of both approaches.

But I think the new progression makes replays far too uniform. It was exciting to find a t4 item early and then that shapes your character moving forward.  The random loot injected an early major variable early that forced you down a different path every time. Right now, I think I liked that more.

I was going to write something, but you said it just fine for me.  I'll add also that the uniform experience is added to by the fact you always start in the forest biome and the RWG maps have almost identical biome layout.  I too loved how a bit of good or bad luck with loot or starting location would make each game unfold differently. 

On 7/8/2020 at 5:06 PM, ElCabong said:

Every new release has somebody post something like this. When I started in a7 people were asking how to go back to a6

I said I find it boring but I also stated exactly why. I dislike how easy it is to get quality 5 and 6 items, they should be very rare, not a forsure thing every loot box I open. Like it was in a18, I do like the tiering though, with iron stuff not showing till gamestage 25 or 30, but the change to get quality 4-6 items needs a major nerf back to a18's levels. I love 7dtd in a18 for the randomness its introduced, with schematics meaning I don't have to waste points in intel if I am willing to play with rng to get the schematics for what I need. The current loot setup in a19 with how easy it is to find quality 6 items, means crafting has less of a purpose now, as if I wait I can get a tier 6 in every loot box I open for free.

10 hours ago, Axonius said:

This is what I was saying, the current a19 loot setup makes every playthru essentally the same, it was the major issue I had with a17 as well, since you were forced down certain stat paths to get things. I don't mind the tiering, but yeah, quality 4-6 items should be very rare drops no matter what your gamestage is. Compared to now where its a forsure thing if gamestage is above X.

17 hours ago, Dethar said:

7D2D became boring for me after a week of first playing back in A15. Vanilla that is, cause I found out about mods and now I have 3,500 hours in this damn game. 

So I totally agree this game can get boring. But instead of whining, change it. Its what makes this game GREAT for me.

I have absolutely no understanding why people say they will never touch mods. It is what's going to keep this game going. Certainly can't wait for gold, to see what new mods become available.

I do play mods, waiting for darkness falls to hit for a19, then i'll probably be playing that over vanilla as its actually balanced properly compared to vanilla, plus adds a entire new tier above steel something the vanilla game has needed since before a16.

Archived