Khaine's A19 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, backpack buttons, HP bars, etc)

KhaineGB

Thought I'd make a single post for all my modlets that work on A19. Basically it's all the various A18 ones, tested and adjusted if necessary to make sure they work on A19. There's also a few new ones that I thought folks might like. All of these are XML only.

Enjoy. :)

3 Slot Forge - Adds an extra input slot to the forge and moves the UI around a little so there's no window overlap.

12 Slot Crafting Queue - Increases the crafting queue from 4 slots to 12. Scrap everything!

60 Slot Backpack - Pretty self explanitory.

60 Slot Backpack (with Food/Water bars) - As above, but with food and water bars moved from under the toolbelt to under the Health/Stamina bars on the left.

96 Slot Backpack - Pretty self explanitory.

96 Slot Backpack (with Food/Water bars) - As above, but with food and water bars moved from under the toolbelt to under the Health/Stamina bars on the left.

Food and Water Bars - Just the food and water bars from my above backpack mods so users can use larger backpacks if they so wish.

Backpack Buttons - Moves buttons to the left of the inventory window (so sort is where it used to be) and uses custom icons rather than the ones provided by TFP.

Backpack Buttons V2 - As above, but uses vanilla icons which is better for servers.

Lockable Inventory Slots - Adds the "box" from the backpack buttons modlet that allows the user to lock slots so they won't be moved OR sorted. Also adds one to vehicle inventory that does the same thing.

HP Bars - Remember the red HP bar that was shown off in A17? This adds that back into the game for folks who liked that idea.

Log Spikes - Makes Wood Log and Iron Spikes craftable again.

Pickup Plants - Allows the player to press the 'E' button (default. May be different for other languages/controllers) to pick up plants. This does NOT grant extra harvest based on perk. You have to punch for that.

Max Animals/Zombies and Claim Blocks - Adds options to the main menu for the player to select max spawned animals/zombies in the world in SP. Also allows the player to have more than 1 claim block via menu option.

Steel Ammo - Adds the steel ammo from A17 for players who enjoyed that option.

Always Open Traders - Removed the open/close times from traders so they always remain open (tested with Trader Jen and seems to work).

Bigger Bloodmoons - This is a mix of things. It removes crawlers from horde nights, increases the total number and the max alive (so you should have more zombies) AND uses new zombies with reduced AI for better FPS.

Zombie Stutter Stop - Forces zombies to preload into RAM, which helps reduce the stutter while playing vanilla.

Return of the Behemoth - Adds the unfinished A16 behemoth and the A17 unfinished radiated behemoth to the game. Random spawns in the wasteland and horde nights.

Return of the Hornet - Adds the cut hornet from A15 (and earlier) back to the game. Spawns as an enemy animal in the forest biome. Does not spawn on horde nights.

Kill Tracking - Tracks how many of each different type of entity you've killed in the game (zombie or type of animal) and with what weapon (guns only, may consider adding melee in the future).

How to manually install modlets tutorial video: 

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Pushed an update for the backpacks.

- Slightly increased icon sizes on all versions (60/96 slot)
- Added a % symbol to food/water as it's showing a percentage, not the actual value (so 100 on the bar at level 30 means your food/water is at 130)

10 hours ago, rommel64 said:

Can I ask for the charcoal mod again or is this too many times?

I never made a charcol mod... so... *shrug*

1 hour ago, bobross said:

For the backpack buttons, I'm assuming that for them to run on a server and the players to actually see the buttons, they need it installed locally, yes?

Yep

On 6/29/2020 at 8:59 PM, KhaineGB said:

Thought I'd make a single post for all my modlets that work on A19. Basically it's all the various A18 ones, tested and adjusted if necessary to make sure they work on A19. There's also a few new ones that I thought folks might like. All of these are XML only.

Enjoy. :)

3 Slot Forge - Adds an extra input slot to the forge and moves the UI around a little so there's no window overlap.

12 Slot Crafting Queue - Increases the crafting queue from 4 slots to 12. Scrap everything!

60 Slot Backpack - Pretty self explanitory.

60 Slot Backpack (with Food/Water bars) - As above, but with food and water bars moved from under the toolbelt to under the Health/Stamina bars on the left.

96 Slot Backpack - Pretty self explanitory.

96 Slot Backpack (with Food/Water bars) - As above, but with food and water bars moved from under the toolbelt to under the Health/Stamina bars on the left.

Food and Water Bars - Just the food and water bars from my above backpack mods so users can use larger backpacks if they so wish.

Backpack Buttons - Adds Stash All, Stash Stack and Stash Stack Smart buttons to the backpack when a container is open (including vehicles).

HP Bars - Remember the red HP bar that was shown off in A17? This adds that back into the game for folks who liked that idea.

Log Spikes - Makes Wood Log and Iron Spikes craftable again.

Pickup Plants - Allows the player to press the 'E' button (default. May be different for other languages/controllers) to pick up plants. This does NOT grant extra harvest based on perk. You have to punch for that.

Max Animals/Zombies and Claim Blocks - Adds options to the main menu for the player to select max spawned animals/zombies in the world in SP. Also allows the player to have more than 1 claim block via menu option.

Steel Ammo - Adds the steel ammo from A17 for players who enjoyed that option.

Thank you so much man ! The game needs that stash all/stack/fill buttons. They really need to add it to the main game lol. Feel kinda dirty modding my vanilla playthrough, but just can't be arsed. QoL made us lazy.

Edited by Marinxar (see edit history)

the back pack mod 96 without foodand water dosent work for me ... comes up with error out of bounds and after closing window or leaving an inventory the inventory window(secure storage chest window) stays up and wont go away an  alt+F4 only option

A19.0_2020-07-01_17-10-21.thumb.jpg.7830cfe18b6437804353bc1e39e3ede8.jpg 

Edited by wendi (see edit history)

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the 3 Slot Forge mod is making it tricky to actually take things out of the output of the Forge. It seems like the cursor decides on a whim if it's going to highlight it to take or not. It's not all the time, but rather about 80% of the time. The interesting part is, sometimes it seems to flash like it wants to highlight it (When mousing over it) and then decides either yes, I can take it, or no I cannot.

Love your mods in general and am excited for DF A19. Just wanted to post this to make you aware - again, can't say for certain it's the 3 slot forge modlet or not - But I've only got the vanilla game, +3SlotForge, BackpackButtons, HP Bars, and Max Animals/Zombies installed.

1 hour ago, wendi said:

the back pack mod 96 without foodand water dosent work for me ... comes up with error out of bounds and after closing window or leaving an inventory the inventory window(secure storage chest window) stays up and wont go away an  alt+F4 only option

A19.0_2020-07-01_17-10-21.thumb.jpg.7830cfe18b6437804353bc1e39e3ede8.jpg 

Easy fix, will do that in a min. It's just the windowLooting size.

36 minutes ago, SkitzTGPG said:

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the 3 Slot Forge mod is making it tricky to actually take things out of the output of the Forge. It seems like the cursor decides on a whim if it's going to highlight it to take or not. It's not all the time, but rather about 80% of the time. The interesting part is, sometimes it seems to flash like it wants to highlight it (When mousing over it) and then decides either yes, I can take it, or no I cannot.

Love your mods in general and am excited for DF A19. Just wanted to post this to make you aware - again, can't say for certain it's the 3 slot forge modlet or not - But I've only got the vanilla game, +3SlotForge, BackpackButtons, HP Bars, and Max Animals/Zombies installed.

That one was working fine for me but i'll have a look later.

3 slot forge seems ok.

The 96 slot backpack was working for me but i've increased the windowLooting size from 11, 11 to 12, 12 which should resolve the issue. The problem is you're using a mod to increase the size of the storage chest and it's causing the error.

You would need to edit the mod that increases that size, or remove it. It is NOT related to the backpack problem.

Have also added an "Always Open Traders" modlet for folks who enjoy that kind of thing.