Khaine's A19 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, backpack buttons, HP bars, etc)

KhaineGB

20 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

It increaes the size of the bloodmoon, both in total number and max alive, so you should get more zombies and make things more interesting. I also removed crawlers, so hopefully it should work like Guppy's old trickle fix, and implemented new zombies with a reduced amount of AI-Targets and AI-Tasks, which helps with FPS on bloodmoon.

did something happen in A19 to bloodmoons in difficulty or maybe the way they are handled?  Your mod aside, they never seem very populated and finish so early.

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)

18 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

That's actually a problem with vanilla. If you added it after starting a save, it won't "store" the new backpack size. It was a problem in A18 as well

Is there a workaround? Do you have to start a new world?

I have the 96 slot backpack, and if I have anything crafting/scrapping, it will use the first 60 slots, but not the last 36. It insists the inventory is full. I started the world with a 60 slot backpack in place.

And if I do start a new world with a 96 slot backpack (not that i would cause this 96 slot backpack is bloody awesome) and downgrade to a 60 slot backpack, will that break anything?

Edited by zootal (see edit history)

1 hour ago, KidInTheHall said:

Hey, I'm trying to use the backpack upgrade and 12 queue modlet but when I add it and then start the game it gets stuck on creating player and the console pops up with red errors? I'm doing something wrong but can't think of what.

Sounds like you put it into the main Data folder and overwrote stuff, rather than the mods folder.

1 minute ago, zootal said:

Is there a workaround? Do you have to start a new world?

I have the 96 slot backpack, and if I have anything crafting/scrapping, it will use the first 60 slots, but not the last 36. It insists the inventory is full. I started the world with a 60 slot backpack in place.

And if I do start a new world with a 96 slot backpack (not that i would cause this 96 slot backpack is bloody awesome) and downgrade to a 60 slot backpack, will that break anything?

Yep, you have to start a new world. No idea why, but I tested it myself and had to do that.

7 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Sounds like you put it into the main Data folder and overwrote stuff, rather than the mods folder.

Yep, you have to start a new world. No idea why, but I tested it myself and had to do that.

It looks like it's the player profile that has this in it. When a player joins the server, it creates their player files and allocates space for their backpack. I don't know if that can be fixed, haven't had time to dissect the player files. I deleted my player files, found in Player/*.map/ttp. When I did and joined server, the 96 slots all work. It wipes the players progress but at least does not wipe the entire world. Would be interested to hear if anyone else can confirm this. Look in the Player directory for the player files, and rename/delete the players files, and rejoin the server. Their status/progress resets, but now they have full usage of all 96 slots.

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I did precisely that, thank you!

Just now, shannon01 said:

Hello??Need help!! So it's it to my understanding that you download and unzip the file and put it in the mods folder for 7d2d? Is it that simple and do you have to create the folder or is there already one in place? 

Hi shannon01

Download and unzip it into the game mod folder, if you don't have it, create a folder and name it Mods, that's all.

Just now, shannon01 said:

So will it automatically work in game or is there something else I need to do activate it? Thank you!!

It's all there is to it, the game loads them automatically, you're welcome.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:43 AM, SkitzTGPG said:

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the 3 Slot Forge mod is making it tricky to actually take things out of the output of the Forge. It seems like the cursor decides on a whim if it's going to highlight it to take or not. It's not all the time, but rather about 80% of the time. The interesting part is, sometimes it seems to flash like it wants to highlight it (When mousing over it) and then decides either yes, I can take it, or no I cannot.

Love your mods in general and am excited for DF A19. Just wanted to post this to make you aware - again, can't say for certain it's the 3 slot forge modlet or not - But I've only got the vanilla game, +3SlotForge, BackpackButtons, HP Bars, and Max Animals/Zombies installed.

I have same issue with forge. It's usually just the items in the furthest left (first) output area. Repeatedly opening and closing, or turning on and off the forge seems to fix the issue for me though.

I also have an issue with the 96 slot BP with food and water mod where the icons aren't big enough to show if it's a schematic or read/unread book. It's just an icon without the schematic icon in the top corner. Makes it a bit tricky when selling stuff cause I can't tell if I'm selling an item or a schematic. I'm playing in 1920x1080 16:9 resolution. Adjusting the UI scale and the resolution settings makes no difference. I switched to using the 60 slot backpack mod and everything works and looks great with that mod.

I've attached a screenshot of a gas can recipe in my inventory. Since there is no recipe icon, it just looks like I have 1 single unit of gas left. Just thought I would put this in here to let ya know. Great mods! Love 'em! Keep up the great work!

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_07.08_-_19_06_55_57.png

How do modlets work in multiplayer games? I'm specifically looking at the backpack buttons modlet. From my understanding and previous posts here, everyone has to download the zip file, stick the folder containing the data in a 7 Days to Die mod folder, and launch the game. Are there any known issues for using this modlet in multiplayer? Am I correct that everyone has to download the modlet? And since the modlet is so lite, I'm assuming (hoping) we won't have to start a new game. Is that right? Thank you for making this modlet and thanks in advance to anyone who reads this question.