Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

4 minutes ago, madmole said:

Thanks! I was just playing around with wedges and geometric patterns trying something different on the crenulations. It does expand and give you quite a bit more space too without increasing your footprint at the bottom which makes horde defense easier. I love the drive through forts though, a few I had to back out and never again lol. The drive through design is great.

I'd have too much fun then :)

Its a nice touch.  I am assuming there is no ramp on the other end because you go flying off for fun? :)

Edit: I also like your use of metal trussing.  For me, building stuff based on how things look in real life is so much more fun then just building a square minimalistic box.

1 minute ago, beerfly said:

We hope so, fingers crossed. 

Pretty neat base btw, good layout and fast accessible spots for both crafting and fighting zombies makes it really efficient.

Yeah I really liked this one a lot, very efficient. Expandable too. Its nice having something solid by day 7 that you can grow into.

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

Its a nice touch.  I am assuming there is no ramp on the other end because you go flying off for fun? :)

Yeah you don't even need the big archway part, you can just dukes of hazzard out of there and its awesome. The only real issue was somehow my big door got broke and I lost a chem station on a horde night from fat cops puke I think. I might have done some of the damage myself from all the grenades I was throwing. I want to get some more heavy duty boxes at some point. We did up the HP a bit though on the paintable wood boxes.

Pretty neat base you've got there madmole, probably your best one yet in my opinion. Honestly, each of your bases is like a Bob Ross painting; I cannot wait to see how they turn out in the end. With this one, I love the castle vibes that are going on, as well as the asymmetrical design. Each room and floor has a dedicated purpose from what I can tell, which is cool. Nice paint job as well, especially in the dining room. :) Just be sure not to turn off the lights, or look away, or that mannequin might start moving (if you get the reference). ;)

The gears are now just starting to turn in my head. I have my first A19 base in mind and, if you don't mind, I'll like to steal borrow a few elements from your previous base here. ;)

9 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Pretty neat base you've got there madmole, probably your best one yet in my opinion. Honestly, each of your bases is like a Bob Ross painting; I cannot wait to see how they turn out in the end. With this one, I love the castle vibes that are going on, as well as the asymmetrical design. Each room and floor has a dedicated purpose from what I can tell, which is cool. Nice paint job as well, especially in the dining room. :) Just be sure not to turn off the lights, or look away, or that mannequin might start moving (if you get the reference). ;)

The gears are now just starting to turn in my head. I have my first A19 base in mind and, if you don't mind, I'll like to steal borrow a few elements from your previous base here. ;)

That is why I post them, so people can get inspired, feel free to borrow/steal whatever you want from it :)

Wowowow your castle base makes me ashamed. My bases are basically always just a square box with a shaft to bedrock and 80 miles of different hallways and rooms dug out at bedrock lol.

I need to build more above ground, I sometimes don't even do a building at all above ground and just have a concrete pad with a hatch

2 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

@madmole

once NPCs come out will be able to wear some of there armor?

i would not mind wearing some of this sexy stuff!

image.thumb.png.8fe579d963a19eca8d7db9743a2c71ed.png

No, enemies will be solid meshes and not wear clothing pieces like players do. its not to say we couldn't make armor similar, but we dont' really want players looking like NPCs.

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

if you had a desert full of woman and joel says

"hey guys, its joel from the fun pimps"

it would turn into a ocean!

If, hypothetically, such a desert existed, where might one fine it?

(I'm asking for a fiend).

-Morloc

28 minutes ago, madmole said:

No, enemies will be solid meshes and not wear clothing pieces like players do. its not to say we couldn't make armor similar, but we dont' really want players looking like NPCs.

sad, i would like to roleplay as a whiteriver solder, oh well. maybe mods could add it

Hello Madmole, I put a message on your profile and I would like to know if you saw it, and perhaps respond to it, for I would like to hear you thoughts and opinions on it.

Now I thank you for your time, and I bid you good day.

Sincerely, Darin.

4 minutes ago, Darin said:

Hello Madmole, I put a message on your profile and I would like to know if you saw it, and perhaps respond to it, for I would like to hear you thoughts and opinions on it.

Now I thank you for your time, and I bid you good day.

Sincerely, Darin.

the best way to talk to Madmole is this forum. just say 

"@Madmole or MM *whatever question you got*"

but he will only take it one at a time so don't mass spam him......... 

or he will give me a knuckle rub!

2 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I don't think he will, unless you're 18+ years old. You're safe

2 hours ago, madmole said:

Possibly. We'd just need to define which sides of the block are valid glue.

Speaking out the wazoo here, but what if, say on pillars, the flat sides are the only valid glue for support (same for plates, just make the edges have valid glue)?

16 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

So I just put "@Madmole or MM" in the beginning, and even tho I didn't will he still respond to it? Sorry to bother but I am new to this site and just wanted to give some ideas, and I thank you for your help.

3 minutes ago, Darin said:

So I just put "@Madmole or MM" in the beginning, and even tho I didn't will he still respond to it? Sorry to bother but I am new to this site and just wanted to give some ideas, and I thank you for your help.

If you don't quote Madmole then there is the chance that he won't see it. If you do quote him then he usually always responds in some form, but like somebody else said, don't spam for his attention and you'll be fine. :)

5 minutes ago, Darin said:

yeah but thats if you got questions about him/tfp or A19 or any other alpha

just type @Madmole and it should show his profile and select it .and he will get a notification when you Comment. (im bad at explaining things)

if you want to post ideas go to the "pimp dream forums" 

and you're good! we gota start somewhere!

3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

yeah but thats if you got questions about him/tfp or A19 or any other alpha

just go @Madmole and it should show his profile and select it and he will get a notification.   

if you want to post ideas go to the "pimp dream forums" 

and you're good! we gota start somewhere!

Ok, then if he does not respond today then I will try on the "pimp dream forums" tomorrow and try again. 

Now I thank both of you for you're time and I bid you both good day.

PS. If you both would like to so the message I put on his profile, I would like to perhaps see your thoughts and opinions on it (you don't have to if you don't). 

Archived