Buried Treasure quest holes on MP EVERYWHERE!

RyanX

That would avoid existing claims (and rolls), but not existing player structures? I don't know how common it is for players to build additional structures, but setting up a lil bunker in each town doesn't seem far fetched.. not a big loss either, of course.

That is a very good idea but I can only see 1 issue with that. What if a players base or player built structure is within the chunk that gets reset?

This would be why its not like this, but how about this, the terrain repairs itself when the chunk is not active, just the very top layer, the top soil will fill itself back in over time and only around where a buried treasure quest chest is, as those don't self detonate when empty. Me? I generally only have 1 hole going down 3 blocks deep for buried treasure quests, I use 2 wood frames to hop out, and then use a topsoil block to fill in the hole, works well enough for me.

This would be why its not like this, but how about this, the terrain repairs itself when the chunk is not active, just the very top layer, the top soil will fill itself back in over time and only around where a buried treasure quest chest is, as those don't self detonate when empty. Me? I generally only have 1 hole going down 3 blocks deep for buried treasure quests, I use 2 wood frames to hop out, and then use a topsoil block to fill in the hole, works well enough for me.

Thats a good idea. I'll be honest, the only time I ever cheat in this game is for burried treasure, clipping exploit, then i fill the 1 hole in. :)

Always thought Buried Treasure was kind of an odd quest type. I think a better alternative would be that you find a courier's reinforced crate or their abandoned vehicle that takes time to bust open and causes a high heat level and/or hordes to spawn when you start trying to break it open.

I agree that the culprit is most likely the surface mineral nodes rather than treasure quests or, I suppose, a combo of both.

I'd say by looking at them, well over half are from buried treasures. Also, the problem with LCB proximity fixes is that as soon as you leave your base to loot, you run into holes all along the way. People started marking these holes with 2 block high upgraded frames and the server looks like it's covered in totem poles now.

I play only multiplayer, and I have never been more frustrated with anything in this game on any alpha as I have been with the buried treasure quest holes. They are all over the map, all around my base, in front of me on every vehicle. It's worse than when you hit all the stones on bicycyles back in A17. I don't have a solution other than removing these quests. I like the quests, I do them, and I only dig a single hole and place a wood frame on top. But that's not what most people do. Most people just dig great big holes and leave them.

Please come up with another way TFP.

annoying? For sure.

But I do like every feature that makes roads for vehicles more viable.

annoying? For sure.

But I do like every feature that makes roads for vehicles more viable.

I agree to a point, but the roads are so random and unreliable...those need fixed, too. I've played mods where your speed is increased when using a road. TFP should implement that.

At this point, it's better to just remove these quests until a fix is found imo. The food is great when starting out, maybe come up with a different kind of simple quest where the trader gives you the reward the buried supplies normally gave.

Or maybe use those unpopulated simple POI's and have the quest trigger a chest under the floorboards or behind a picture. Basically a fetch quest with no zombies.

I've never used a motorized vehicle aside from a minibike on an SP server so I can't sympathize based on personal experience, but I am curious.

Could you define everywhere with a picture showing what day you are on and include how many players are active on the server?

I only ask because I have a hard time believing it is a huge problem on an 8k map.

I've never used a motorized vehicle aside from a minibike on an SP server so I can't sympathize based on personal experience, but I am curious.

Could you define everywhere with a picture showing what day you are on and include how many players are active on the server?

I only ask because I have a hard time believing it is a huge problem on an 8k map.

I'll grab one after work, but the server was just wiped last stable update, so, a few days? Max active at once is 30, total active on server? I have no idea.

3 large holes right outside my LCB, every direction from me, large holes. Hard to get a sense from a picture tho, over a little hill=hole, turn a little left=hole, outskirts of town=hole, hole, hole.

They greatly reduced the distance for the buried treasure quests from the trader. This would concentrate the holes in a place where you'd likely be seeing a lot of. I'd imagine after a 500 m radius you'd see a sharp drop-off of holes, and after 1 K, few if any.

-Morloc

I always thought instead of buried treasure it should be supply quests.

Aka bring me 100 forged iron or 1000 cloth or 6000 stone, and then you lose the materials to the trader. Something non combat oriented that rewards a totally different set of gear that anyone can do at any time.

Archived