Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Yes it is too easy for atleast several weeks if its anything like A17. How about a multiplier option for total number of horde zeds?

Indirectly affecting the total number of zeds by way of gamestage by adjusting difficulty doesnt quite fit the bill.

Cmon, you KNOW its too easy, AND you are in a prime position to get off your ass and do something about it ;)

Maybe later, it gets to the endless zeds fairly quick I suspect.

RWG not working on radeon. get the ropes, torches, and pitchforks boys. someone else order pizza and programmers choice of caffeine. programmers get no sleep til that is fixed.

To be clear, 4k works, and connecting to any rwg server works, and Nav works.

Maybe in the future GS could also be adjusted / scale by gear "item level" as a work around for catching the folks intentionally not getting XP but running around with great looted gear.

Not a fan of complicating systems for no reason. The loot is intended to make things easier, so there is a reward for risking your neck.

wait, what KIND of connecting.

Like solid wire connecting or connecting with a long lost grandma who's cookies you dreamed of as a young boy were hopefully good and when you finally met her after 30 years being apart and finding out they are actually horrible ?

IMHO you could release the experimental this weekend without any problem, community could help you find the remaining bugs easily. This is the main focus of experimentals and thousands of hands are better than 100~ hands.

IMHO you could release the experimental this weekend without any problem, community could help you find the remaining bugs easily. This is the main focus of experimentals and thousands of hands are better than 100~ hands.

Unfortunately they are more worried about selling more copies of the game than anything else. IMO there is no more "experimental" releases with this game. When every release takes 10-14 months then everyone gets it without waiting for an stable version. All of the bugs that MM mentioned are not game breaking. If none of the weapons killed a specific kind of zombie then THAT would be game breaking. At this point they are concerned with reviews and selling units. Upsetting and disappointing people, by further delaying the release, who have already given them their money is not a concern at this point.

community could help you find the remaining bugs easily.

Actually there are already enough known bugs for the devs to work full time on them. Making the list longer won't help that much. So they are better off fixing those MF bugs first and release the experimental afterwords, so we can help find them more bugs when they actually have the time to fix them.

Also having a working game is required for us to be able to find bugs. So better get those MF bugs fixed first, so we can actually search new bugs, instead of battleing known bugs.

please no classic wow hype train! I HATE having no quest markers LOL

I know it's probably unpopular but it would be nice if quests in 7d2d didnt tell you exactly where to go but instead general directions. (I.e. fire station in x city 50 km to the nw). The only value add is immersion...

Actually there are already enough known bugs for the devs to work full time on them. Making the list longer won't help that much. So they are better off fixing those MF bugs first and release the experimental afterwords, so we can help find them more bugs when they actually have the time to fix them.

Also having a working game is required for us to be able to find bugs. So better get those MF bugs fixed first, so we can actually search new bugs, instead of battleing known bugs.

There are people that are happy to help to fix the game they love, 7 days to die has the most active community than any other indie game out there, so why not let the people help? If you don't want to play with bugs so play the 17.4 public and wait. You are not Forced to play experimental.

Unfortunately they are more worried about selling more copies of the game than anything else. IMO there is no more "experimental" releases with this game. When every release takes 10-14 months then everyone gets it without waiting for an stable version. All of the bugs that MM mentioned are not game breaking. If none of the weapons killed a specific kind of zombie then THAT would be game breaking. At this point they are concerned with reviews and selling units. Upsetting and disappointing people, by further delaying the release, who have already given them their money is not a concern at this point.

You are welcome to your opinion, but it is wrong, selfish and rude. Glad to know that someone is able to get in the minds of the developers and express their thoughts for them. I'm sure their only motivation is to personally hate on you specifically and make you suffer, to exploit your cash, and keep the game to themselves <insert evil laughter here>

I know it's probably unpopular but it would be nice if quests in 7d2d didnt tell you exactly where to go but instead general directions. (I.e. fire station in x city 50 km to the nw). The only value add is immersion...

yea but again their are endless ideas. Do modders have the capability to mod quest markers at all? ik its off topic but never knew if it could be done.

Also, not sure if ever answered, is any of the new sounds/music moddable/changable?

Like are they OGG files, MP4 etc, I want the combat music to be the timer music in mario and the death music to be the death mario music LOL please say i can do this ATLEAST as a client mod and not a server mod so i can atleast giggle at my stupidity.

For 7 days, i could agree. For wow classic tho, get me to level 60 ASAP so i can grief level 20's :)

There are people that are happy to help to fix the game they love, 7 days to die has the best active community than any other indie game out there, so why not let the people help? If you don't want to play with bugs so play the 17.4 public and wait. You are not Forced to play experimental.

Ehhh I don't know about the best indie community, I think that award would be better given to a game like Rimworld. For a game that lets you make human leather armchairs and harvest your prisoners organs it has one of the most supportive and creative communities I've ever seen. Plus the mod community is insane.

Ehhh I don't know about the best indie community, I think that award would be better given to a game like Rimworld. For a game that lets you make human leather armchairs and harvest your prisoners organs it has one of the most supportive and creative communities I've ever seen. Plus the mod community is insane.

Not the best community? Take your smeef and GTF outta here!!! ;)

We hired a graphics programmer who did all that. He left, and our programmers said his code was pretty shoddy and has been holding us back for years and causing endless bugs. So we're slowly removing everything he did and moving towards a native Unity shader system at which time we'll be able to use shader graph and HDRP and do some amazing visuals that don't break on linux, mac, console, etc.

Ouch.

Was thinking you were going to mention something about that... :)

I wish there's a forum achievement for keeping up with this thread over phone, heh.. :-)

So, seems like A18 will release either around my birthday, or around when my wife's delivery date. xD I envy youuuu guys so much as I doubt I'll join for some time after we bring baby home, so please don't break it. :-D

Anyway, @madmole , what is your suggestion for 1st A18 playthrough? Any tips, favorite builds etc? :-)

Archived