Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

We already changed it out so they have a chance to drop every major loot group in the game instead of mainly useless food and semi useless drugs.

On the list for someday is to make npcs/zeds attracted to them so its not just free amazing loot. It works fine for pvp but for sp coop there needs to be bandits/zeds attracted to the drops.

in the darkness falls mod, cars have alarms which attracts zeds. could put a beacon on it similar to that. the sound lets people know when they are close through the trees or rainy days, and the zeds are attracted to noise as well so...

Guest Rassilon
Devs stopped breaking save games daily so I can. I have to say I love the late game, I used to just have them mastered by day 28 or 35 and quit, now I'm building a new horde base just to see what happens :)

Having you playing Lategame ( or the game at all for longer time) is the best thing players can have.

Now the View of Point of a Developer and the one of a Player meet and thats good for all of us :)

Im glad youre doing that & visiting the Forum frequently. Last Horde Video was awesome and intense. Nobody needs to watch Horror Movies anymore^^

in the darkness falls mod, cars have alarms which attracts zeds. could put a beacon on it similar to that. the sound lets people know when they are close through the trees or rainy days, and the zeds are attracted to noise as well so...

Yeah that would be a nice way to summon a mini horde we always thought.

Having you playing Lategame ( or the game at all for longer time) is the best thing players can have.

Now the View of Point of a Developer and the one of a Player meet and thats good for all of us :)

Im glad youre doing that & visiting the Forum frequently. Last Horde Video was awesome and intense. Nobody needs to watch Horror Movies anymore^^

Yeah it was kind of pointless until most of the alpha content was in there. Now that it is, I'm all in to get things tuned in nice, once that is done its on to pvp.

It is actually impressive to see you try that design. Quick view of the capture and... spoiler alert man, they will go for the supports and you will die pretty fast, but we will have a blast watching it! Of course .

I'm kidding. With demolishers in it will not be fast, it will be pure enternainment!

uhm, those are placed badly and will go boom, put them above aiming down. place an iron bar between the dart trap and the zeds

dart trap

bars

space

space

pressure plate

edit: other option you have columns spaced 5 apart I see. put the darts off to the side and place a 1x5 trigger plate in place of the 5 that are down. have the dart traps about 4 away, aimed sidelong down the columns. so when they are at your walls, standing on the plates, they can be protecting your walls.

I have a lot of practice with these things in 15-17.4

I love you.

I knew it! I love you too. Not so much as rocks, but you'll understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's cross fingers then. Hope you don't find more nasty bugs, you know, those that are a pain in the ass to fix.

Edit: My birthday is September 16th, any presents for me? DeVega don't do it.

But.. But.. Damnit.

* Calls off stripper *

If you try a pillar defense, try adding 4 sets of pole blocks going 3 high around each main pillar. This will help mitigate the "single point of failure" in that design and doesn't add that much extra space.

Or not, the forum needs a replacement of the "Bow Incident" anyways! :D

Edit: Or delete all that and make clusters of 4 poles up to the iron bars so every bar has a support to the ground. Then again... "Bow Incident".

If you try a pillar defense, try adding 4 sets of pole blocks going 3 high around each main pillar. This will help mitigate the "single point of failure" in that design and doesn't add that much extra space.

Or not, the forum needs a replacement of the "Bow Incident" anyways! :D

Edit: Or delete all that and make clusters of 4 poles up to the iron bars so every bar has a support to the ground. Then again... "Bow Incident".

it has a replacement, the choppa!

It is just a circular array (32 entries) of player positions updated every 1m the player moves. Zombies when they hear you, pick a random value from the current breadcrumb location up to AINoiseSeekDist back in the array and investigate that position.

The typical zombie uses:

<property name="AINoiseSeekDist" value="8"/>

Faatal don't down play that, take a bow.

That sounds like you created a mobile 3d array, to auto adjust the ai pathing mesh.

Then used sound levels as a transmitter.

A moving beacon, that overrides basic pathing, truly cool. If used with other elements you may have just rewrote

static pathing and made it completely dynamic . like a dynamic overlay on a static path.

PS. With 32 variables you could exponentially expand ai pathing, and responses.

That just doesn't add up. If you have to go to a dangerous place to find the rare thing that lets you craft better, you might as well just find the nice ____ and be done with it.

I'm open to grandpa's crafting elixer that randomizes player crafting stats while your on it, so you might craft a dud or a nice one.

I really like this idea.

sounds like a good solution, it will allow even more freedom and risk-reward player choices.

thumbs up :applouse:

Archived