Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

No spider zombies and no vultures as well. A free pass this time. You got pretty lucky. Just a couple Demolishers and I think that structure would be gone.

When I do pillar designs, I normally add an extra layer of protection using sheets rotated flat against the pillars. This quadruples the integrity with minimal loss of space.

Yeah it was a major rush to get it 80% done. I'm going to try a gauntlet trap at my old base next horde.

Well, it looks like some... MILK DRINKER, turned off the Demo guys... yeah...

But the design, surprisingly, showed itself to be good enough without the demos. :)

I didn't care for it, a lot of work and materials down the drain. Oh well back to the drawing board, I have some other ideas :)

I'm not sure why they are so easy to kill, probably its fear from old glitchy dogs that spun a lot and were janky to hit for years.

Go to a doggos with a low level character. Then you know why people are afraid of dogs in the early game.

4 or 5 dogs run towards you while everywhere else the zombies just walk. The weapons used in the early game are the iron club and the bow. Firearms, if you have them, are only used in case of emergency and not all the time since you don't want to waste the scarce ammo for the slow zombies when you need them for the horde.

In addition, the dogs run very chaotically, making aiming difficult.

Your current judgement comes from your endgame character with strong firearms, thousands of rounds of ammo and armor to protect you. Of course dogs are no longer a big threat to this character.

Hey, MadMole, re: my question about the nailgun.

You thought it may be a bug. The reason I suggested it was sluggish isn't wasn't just in comparing it to the previous Alpha (prior to 17), but also because the claw hammer upgrades and repairs faster than the nailgun from what I see.

Maybe someone else on the forum could check and confirm or demonstrate to the contrary? 🤔

I would expect to see an increased speed and/or upgrade and repair % with the nailgun over the claw hammer since the former is a technological upgrade to the latter.

Question 1 Is 7 days to a singleplayer game or a multiplayer game?

I have the feeling it is singleplayer what has a multiplayer property that is not used, no matter on which server I log in I have to punch myself through no friendship request ect.

Everyone ratifies the singleplayer in multiplayer mode ....

It would be nice if you have to play together ....

2 Question Would it be possible to anchor the same setting options in the singleplayer as in multiplayer?

I keep seeing server the 500xp 400loot ect. have what is not possible in singleplayer

3 question mod integration

If I log on to a server that downloads the mod, where you do not need to do a backup exrta and need to install extra to play it.

4) a wish

no ferallzombie spwan in houses at day 100 or above

Go on a server with 100 days or higher you have a beginner heavier than those who started at day 1,

goes into a house gathering and there are only glowing zomies.

There are so many server corpses in the server list (where no one is playing anymore), because it is not possible to play there as a beginner firstly you are on your own second level 1 level 100 zombies ..

that would have to change, that everyone has the chance to level the same and not only on day 1.

its googletranslate

I didn't care for it, a lot of work and materials down the drain. Oh well back to the drawing board, I have some other ideas :)

One thing the design showed was blade traps in A18, at least floor mounted ones, are not as effective as I had first thought. With a team however, having the INT guy continuously repair his ceiling (head shot) mounted blade traps, would be a MP meta for sure.

Maybe a good SP INT-focus could pull it (not using ammo) off. I want to try it, because of all that ammo used in BM instead of POI clearing, but I don't know if I'm THAT good. :)

Go to a doggos with a low level character. Then you know why people are afraid of dogs in the early game.

4 or 5 dogs run towards you while everywhere else the zombies just walk. The weapons used in the early game are the iron club and the bow. Firearms, if you have them, are only used in case of emergency and not all the time since you don't want to waste the scarce ammo for the slow zombies when you need them for the horde.

In addition, the dogs run very chaotically, making aiming difficult.

Your current judgement comes from your endgame character with strong firearms, thousands of rounds of ammo and armor to protect you. Of course dogs are no longer a big threat to this character.

Well, he did manage to become this high level a character, so the dogs seem to have been manageable up to that point :)

Question 1 Is 7 days to a singleplayer game or a multiplayer game?

I have the feeling it is singleplayer what has a multiplayer property that is not used, no matter on which server I log in I have to punch myself through no friendship request ect.

Everyone ratifies the singleplayer in multiplayer mode ....

It would be nice if you have to play together ....[/Quote]

Protip: Play with friends you already know in real life. Family members work just fine too.

2 Question Would it be possible to anchor the same setting options in the singleplayer as in multiplayer?

I keep seeing server the 500xp 400loot ect. have what is not possible in singleplayer

Those are modded servers. There is no difference between settings for SP and MP. In fact there is no SP mode as of A17. It is all just MP and you are a solo player in that MP game. So the answer to your question is that the game options are already anchored in SP because it is the same mode as MP. But people mod the settings.

3 question mod integration

If I log on to a server that downloads the mod, where you do not need to do a backup exrta and need to install extra to play it.

The mods that require clients to download use a third party utility to make it possible for them to hook into the 7 Days code. Until there is a native utility provided by TFP this isn’t likely to change and TFP isn’t going to provide something like that until their vanilla version is released.

4) a wish

no ferallzombie spwan in houses at day 100 or above

Go on a server with 100 days or higher you have a beginner heavier than those who started at day 1,

goes into a house gathering and there are only glowing zomies.

There are so many server corpses in the server list (where no one is playing anymore), because it is not possible to play there as a beginner firstly you are on your own second level 1 level 100 zombies ..

that would have to change, that everyone has the chance to level the same and not only on day 1.

its googletranslate

Sounds like a bug. Gamestage isn’t supposed to be connected to the global day count. It is supposed to be based on your own personal days survived and your level.

@MM, some questions:

1. do you have an overhead image example of A18 RWG? I'm curious how the biome placement looks now. Is it still a patchwork like A17?

2. later stage Radiated/Feral zombie dogs/bears -- YES PLEASE, and can they do something special, like feral vultures that spit? Maybe the dogs could leap further like spider zombies or something.

3. There are other zombies that don't seem to have radiated versions, will those be introduced at some point? I'd love to see a radiated burning zombie that bursts into a molotov-like fire bomb if he dies to a headshot, and can spit fire from a distance (only with clean line of sight to avoid burning his kin), and is immune to fire himself. A fireman zombie? The snow biome could use another zombie, like a frozen hiker. I love special zeds, they'e great. I can't wait to hear what you guys come up with.

4. Got any examples of the new animals (mountain lions, etc)?

5. Will Trader Jen ever lose her deep voice? Any chance of adding any new traders to the current five? Could use a crotchety old woman trader with a deep voice. Trader Nana or something, heh.

6. Did any of the new food recipes you discussed a month or so ago make it into A18?

@TFP Team: Standing-O for all of you, A18 looks to be VERY replayable, with several unique play-styles, and a solid framework to build from. It's like A17 was the foundation, but A18 is the framing of the walls, so now we can get a glimpse of what the house might look like for Gold. I'm salivating at the chance to play it for another 1000+ hours. I'm also looking forward to the eventual A19 dev thread, so you can slap some drywall on this mansion you're building! :D

To help deal the zombies attacking the pillars i would place some dart traps on the iron bar on the side of pillars pointing downward. The zombies would be headshotted by the darts.

And then I ask myself: "Why didn't I think of that?" :)

-Relatively cheap ammo, used optimally.

-Might not trigger a Demo Zombie if it cant(**) hit the "Explody" part.

Edit: Pressure plates each pillar or would a switch be better?

**That's the big question and why I was only thinking blade traps.

Well, he did manage to become this high level a character, so the dogs seem to have been manageable up to that point :)

I never said they weren't manageable.

Even a zombie bear is manageable. You have to shoot about 100 stone arrows into him in the early game but then he is dead. Nevertheless you are afraid of zombie bears in the early game. I don't know any player who isn't.

And by the way, I can become a strong character even if I die a hundred times e.g. by dogs. It doesn't matter.

Archived