plains biome

maple trees

working ovens and sinks (craftable)

working beer kegs

lemons

lemon bombs

more farm-able produce

animal traps

more beakers (two people, day 14, still only 1 beaker, not even enough for a chem station!)

more zombies.... I've killed stalker ex bf bob soo many times now

I like this idea too. Well, at least the fundamental concept behind it. There are probably quite a few different ways to go about achieving this, and I think all those possibilities should be explored.

The easiest way and the least skip able way would to assign a value to each zombie and when it is killed that value is added to the final loot value.

This would mean that a player that killed every last zombie would get the best possible loot mean while a person who sprinted through (not killing Z'ds) triggering all of the "checkpoints" would only get a small reward.

That's... actually a very good solution. Pass through certain gates, or perhaps even summing the cleared sleeper volumes could be used to calculate your loot bonus value on those specific containers in the loot room. If the cleared sleeper volume approach is used, might further reduce "cheesing" when it comes to running your butt off through a POI to check off the checkpoints.

Either way +1 to this notion, if it's feasible in the existing system.

Its not really needed, what is needed is to ensure there is an epic battle near the loot. Turrets, more locked boxes, land mines to clear etc.

This is awesome! How do you feel about incorporating steroids into the ballplayer build? Perhaps they could launch the z's for a funny ragdoll effect (for a limited time only!) or something like that while wielding the club? Maybe decapitating a zombie by launching their head out of the park?

Steroids have a purpose already, removing encumbrance. Beer is a good universal stamina improver.

I need to shoot some video, its hilarious. I mean I make it look easy, but I'm spec'd up and have pink spiked knuckles.

This is why we would love the spiked knuckels, they would help us in the baddest ass moments, and we`ll go through them, love it!

Guest Rassilon
Its not really needed, what is needed is to ensure there is an epic battle near the loot. Turrets, more locked boxes, land mines to clear etc.

Madmole,

im pretty late to the "lootroomGate" but my idea: A giant ♥♥♥♥ing Bat.

Especially for Highrisers, it could spawn on/near the Top where the lootroom is and serve everyone who tries to nerdpole into the lootroom an (un)living Hell.

Also the poor Vulture wouldnt feel lonely anymore, as the sole flying enemy :)

No you can't have something that big where zombies might be attracted, the cows would need to be real entities so the zombies can chase them and eat them and having sustainable meat is a bad idea IMO. A few eggs and feathers might be ok, and its just a box with probably no chickens you can even see in it, so no big performance loss there.

someone has made craft-able chicken nests. and these work pretty well. as does using computer blocks to make autominers.

That's... actually a very good solution. Pass through certain gates, or perhaps even summing the cleared sleeper volumes could be used to calculate your loot bonus value on those specific containers in the loot room. If the cleared sleeper volume approach is used, might further reduce "cheesing" when it comes to running your butt off through a POI to check off the checkpoints.

Either way +1 to this notion, if it's feasible in the existing system.

I get what you're saying but I've done quests (A17) and found the required satchel without disturbing any Zs. I think this is a valid way to get loot. Should I get lower quality loot because I outsmarted the Zs? Anytime you calculate the outcome in these games, you end up forcing people to play a specific way and that's less fun.

I get what you're saying but I've done quests (A17) and found the required satchel without disturbing any Zs. I think this is a valid way to get loot. Should I get lower quality loot because I outsmarted the Zs? Anytime you calculate the outcome in these games, you end up forcing people to play a specific way and that's less fun.

That's not what he meant. He said "spawned" not awaken(the guy who came with this idea). They could be sleeping, but if all of them spawn (Doesn't matter if you kill them or not) you get the best loot, for your efforts doing all the dungeon crawl.

The POI designers have already done a great job of providing balanced and immersive endings where needed. Not every POI should be epic, but most have some sort of reward at the end.

It doesn't make sense for a player to make a beeline for a rooftop or to a specific cellar corner while bypassing the rest of the structure, expecting a great reward.

Why not give POI designers a simple tool to meter the loot reward based on the effort put in to obtain it.

Doesn't force anyone to play a certain way, but rewards those who choose to actually play the game.

Sneaking is entirely valid. Clever gameplay solutions should be rewarded.

That is why the idea is to use some checkpoints to see if a player is even playing the game. Nothing would be forced at all and the checks would be invisible to the player.

So in your situation you would be fully rewarded, while someone skipping the POI entirely may only get half the amount of loot.

After reading this discussion my preference comes down on the side of spreading the loot out around the POI rather than tracking what players do in order to change the final loot reward that is still in one special location. Let people beeline to the roof with their nerdpole and get whatever's up there but it will only be part of the reward.

Also make it be that the "boss" zombies can spawn randomly anywhere in the poi. Then you will encounter the tough guys at some point if you continue to explore and you only get everything if you explore everywhere.

The POI designers have already done a great job of providing balanced and immersive endings where needed. Not every POI should be epic, but most have some sort of reward at the end.

It doesn't make sense for a player to make a beeline for a rooftop or to a specific cellar corner while bypassing the rest of the structure, expecting a great reward.

Why not give POI designers a simple tool to meter the loot reward based on the effort put in to obtain it.

Doesn't force anyone to play a certain way, but rewards those who choose to actually play the game.

This idea is harder to implement, you would need to count the total volumes in a POI, then trigger each one and at the end calculate their game stage by the percentage of volumes they went through to nerf their loot.

Or you could just put in auto turrets and sams on roofs/loot rooms to blow up anyone who doesn't disable the power somewhere else in the level. To me this one is more fun and solves it with less work.

This idea is harder to implement, you would need to count the total volumes in a POI, then trigger each one and at the end calculate their game stage by the percentage of volumes they went through to nerf their loot.

Or you could just put in auto turrets and sams on roofs/loot rooms to blow up anyone who doesn't disable the power somewhere else in the level. To me this one is more fun and solves it with less work.

So now every POI will have a ♥♥♥♥ton of turrets. Great.

Archived