Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

and yet you knew exactly what he was talking about... :) so from now on, i will shoot you with my sniper rifle loaded with 762 specifically with your name on them. (in game) :)

Wow! That would have to be a pretty big gun to fire that. I checked and the gun barrel would have to be big enough to accommodate a 30 inch round. ;)

Yea madmole. 7.62 goes in the CLIP ��

dont worry MM we know its 762 in the xml where it is important.... :) plus if its a single shot there is no clip.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! That would have to be a pretty big gun to fire that. I checked and the gun barrel would have to be 30 inches wide just to accommodate a 762 round. ;)

i bet with a heavy recoil... mount that on a jeep and fire it.. :) hmmmm i hear tanks

Here is the answer from the lord himself:

See this is an issue for me I like the idea in general. But we should be aware of what perks DONT have books for them. I dont wanna be waiting for a book that desent exist.

- - - Updated - - -

dont worry MM we know its 762 in the xml where it is important.... :) plus if its a single shot there is no clip.

- - - Updated - - -

i bet with a heavy recoil... mount that on a jeep and fire it.. :) hmmmm i hear tanks

Sniper rifle takes 7.62 in the CLIP and is not single shot. Lol

See this is an issue for me I like the idea in general. But we should be aware of what perks DONT have books for them. I dont wanna be waiting for a book that desent exist.

some will be confused but most likely inside of 1 week most people will be used to it.

oh just pokin' fun... it's descent not desent... :)

- - - Updated - - -

actually the books are more interesting to find and read to me than the perks... i tend to forget about spending points... :)

some will be confused but most likely inside of 1 week most people will be used to it.

oh just pokin' fun... it's descent not desent... :)

- - - Updated - - -

actually the books are more interesting to find and read to me than the perks... i tend to forget about spending points... :)

Sorry have to disagree. We should 100% know, specified in game, what perks can be learned from books and what ones cant.

The levels are too slow, the perk points are too important. This info should be known.

As for the books, I agree. The book collecting is gonna be awesome.

I also see another potential issue here. What if a perk you could buy had x number of unlockables by you buying that perk, but not all of those unlockables had schematics behind them? This is probably a non-issue, but I thought I would bring it up.

(Ex. Theoretically (aka none of this is based in reality), let's say that tripwire hooks, dart traps, and the wire tool were all under one purchasable perk, but you could only find the schematic for the wire tool. If schematics did not exist for tripwire hooks or dart traps in this scenario, then you would have to either loot actual dart traps or tripwire hooks, buy them from the trader, or invest a point into the perk anyway.)

EDIT: Nevermind. :)

Every schematic that you learn via perks (vehicles, cooking, armor, weapons and so on) is learnable with books/schematics.

NO perk (+10% damage; +50 loot; +20% ressources...) can be found and MUST be bought with perk points.

Pretty simplistic really

and then there is the bookseries that ADDS similar boni to those perks.

Like +5% sneakdamage while its dark, +50 blockdamage to trees and coaldeposits in the burnt biome and so on

It’s easy. If the perk unlocks a crafting recipe then there is a corresponding book or schematic that does the same thing. Done.

Schematics don’t give you powers like perks do. They just unlock crafting recipes.

The book sets give you powers but they are unique and not duplicates of the perks.

So if you are thinking of getting a perk that unlocks the crafting recipe for steel spears there is also a schematic for that. But if you are thinking of getting a perk to get more mats from mining there is no corresponding book for that.

Capiche? :)

Every schematic that you learn via perks (vehicles, cooking, armor, weapons and so on) is learnable with books/schematics.

NO perk (+10% damage; +50 loot; +20% ressources...) can be found and MUST be bought with perk points.

Pretty simplistic really

and then there is the bookseries that ADDS similar boni to those perks.

Like +5% sneakdamage while its dark, +50 blockdamage to trees and coaldeposits in the burnt biome and so on

Oh ok. So if the perk let's us craft an item it has a book. Do I have that right?

Also what if I find a book for making steel armor but I only have 3 points in the int attribute?

i prefer the slowness myself now... a15 and a16 i could max level and gear before the 3rd blood moon... now its more enjoyable and you will not be standing around wondering what to do.... well most of us wont... there will always be the min/max people who have to get there before everyone else and then complain...

really as i stated on a much earlier post... the challenge put forward is people should take their time examine different play styles as if they just started playing... you might find a better and different approach and enjoy it.

It’s easy. If the perk unlocks a crafting recipe then there is a corresponding book or schematic that does the same thing. Done.

Schematics don’t give you powers like perks do. They just unlock crafting recipes.

The book sets give you powers but they are unique and not duplicates of the perks.

So if you are thinking of getting a perk that unlocks the crafting recipe for steel spears there is also a schematic for that. But if you are thinking of getting a perk to get more mats from mining there is no corresponding book for that.

Capiche? :)

Ok that's cool. I'll ask you too though.

What if I get the book for steel armor but only have int 3?

- - - Updated - - -

i prefer the slowness myself now... a15 and a16 i could max level and gear before the 3rd blood moon... now its more enjoyable and you will not be standing around wondering what to do.... well most of us wont... there will always be the min/max people who have to get there before everyone else and then complain...

really as i stated on a much earlier post... the challenge put forward is people should take their time examine different play styles as if they just started playing... you might find a better and different approach and enjoy it.

I can agree with that last paragraph.

What if I get the book for steel armor but only have int 3?

- - - Updated - - -

decisions decisions..

sorta like i waited to find the schematic but didnt so i spent the point to craft forge... and yep.. you guessed it... i then find the damn schematic... so i do what makes more sense... read and gained 50 more experience points. :) so its not a total loss (i would have like to put that point into decreasing encumbrance) but RNG is what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any idea what the recoil would do to the jeep that it was mounted on?

What if you speck into a perk that allows you to craft an item that you could have found a schematic for, but after that you find the schematic for that item anyway? Would reading the schematic do the player any good after the fact? (By rewarding the player with, say, 50 XP or something.) Or could they be sold or scrapped? I apologize if this question has been answered already, but there's only so many hours in the day and I can't spend all of them remembering every post on here. Lol

What if you speck into a perk that allows you to craft an item that you could have found a schematic for, but after that you find the schematic for that item anyway? Would reading the schematic do the player any good after the fact? (By rewarding the player with, say, 50 XP or something.) Or could they be sold or scrapped? I apologize if this question has been answered already, but there's only so many hours in the day and I can't spend all of them remembering every post on here. Lol

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111778-Alpha-18-Dev-Diary!!&p=1006943&viewfull=1#post1006943

and yes you can scrap them if you want but why... paper is so easy to get in a18, you can sell it... i prefer what i stated in the link i gave you... read anyhow and gain 50 more xp.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111778-Alpha-18-Dev-Diary!!&p=1006943&viewfull=1#post1006943

and yes you can scrap them if you want but why... paper is so easy to get in a18, you can sell it... i prefer what i stated in the link i gave you... read anyhow and gain 50 more xp.

Thank you for the info. :) I'll probably sell them tbh, or maybe even collect them. Yes, I'm that kind of hoarder. I must have at least one of everything!

Edit: Forge. You said forge. Does this mean that "Forge Ahead" has made its return? :distress::dread:

Thank you for the info. :) I'll probably sell them tbh, or maybe even collect them. Yes, I'm that kind of hoarder. I must have at least one of everything!

well thats your choice no problem... but to me.. that 50 points to read it is 50 points closer to next level. :)

Archived