Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Sorry have to disagree. We should 100% know, specified in game, what perks can be learned from books and what ones cant.

We know that (at least that's how I read MMs words): Every crafting recipe included in some perk will also be able to be found. This is just about crafting recipes. No perks can be learned by books, only recipes that might also be part of a perk

Hey MM, how about trying to make the new POIs a little more maze-like and less linear?

They are very good already. However at the moment it feels a lot like a strict linear path, with no choices. Also the lights for me break the immersion.

I never find myself breaking a closed door. Why would I? I can just easily follow the lights. Do I want to skip the zombies? I just nerdpole to the roof.. or dig into the basement. But the gameplay inside has no choices.

I would add forks in the path, spread the lights not to indicate the way. Perhaps have more than one way to the end. Maybe have 2 loot rooms, maybe have 0. Also the traps you mentioned would be great.

You are missing some loot if you don't chop some doors down, there are little locked closets with good loot everywhere. I think they are fine, you can take a short cut if you want to try, but noone is forcing you to take the path.

Sorry if this sounds redundant or is out of line, but I think my question yesterday was ignored or was not seen by Madmole, I just wanted a promise from my favorite developer to promise the translation if or if 90% of the game (books, skills, things, menu, etc.) know why?

I consider myself an ambassador of 7 days to die in my city, I recommended the game to more than 11 people, I bought 7 copies of 7 Days, of which I gave 6 and one left for me, in a Country where piracy reigns, unfortunately here it is like that, you find the game at 0.5 cents in the market but I prefer to support this company, I have people who consult me ​​about the game and news, I keep them aware of everything I read in the forum, That's why these people waited for the translation in the A17, but we don't have it, so they press me more for the A18 and I just want to give peace of mind to those who trusted me and PIMPS when buying the game, so I want to give you peace of mind Is translation into all languages ​​a promise?

When you buy the perk for a crafting recipe it usually also includes a bonus as well. The schematic has no bonus. It is simply the recipe knowledge.

So if you buy the perk and then find the schematic you can read the schematic simply for xp. It will give you no other benefit.

If you find the schematic and then later buy the perk you will gain the bonus the perk offers even though you already know the recipe.

Reading a schematic gives you the crafting recipe even if you don’t qualify yet for its corresponding perk.

Have animals been made immune to Cactus yet? nothing worse then losing rabbits and hearing them die as they run from you in the desert...Didn't really go thru to much desert in my A17 playthrough...If they haven't , animals should definitely not be killed by the local plant life!

Nope. Who cares? I have 8k of steaks in my box. (Just kidding, but at least 8 stacks whatever that is, not counting cooked meals piled up). If anything I'm going to delay respawn of animals, there is just too much meat everywhere if you actually hunt or KOS all animals as you should.

The cup looks slanted and puts some kind of fog on its surroundings. I think you have been conned

That's the mist rolling in... The horde is coming...

In all seriousness though, my phone was at a slant, not the mug itself. And that "mist" is due to poor image quality. I really need to invest in a proper camera at some point...

Sorry if this sounds redundant or is out of line, but I think my question yesterday was ignored or was not seen by Madmole, I just wanted a promise from my favorite developer to promise the translation if or if 90% of the game (books, skills, things, menu, etc.) know why?

I consider myself an ambassador of 7 days to die in my city, I recommended the game to more than 11 people, I bought 7 copies of 7 Days, of which I gave 6 and one left for me, in a Country where piracy reigns, unfortunately here it is like that, you find the game at 0.5 cents in the market but I prefer to support this company, I have people who consult me ​​about the game and news, I keep them aware of everything I read in the forum, That's why these people waited for the translation in the A17, but we don't have it, so they press me more for the A18 and I just want to give peace of mind to those who trusted me and PIMPS when buying the game, so I want to give you peace of mind Is translation into all languages ​​a promise?

You missed it. He has said that the game will be fully translated into Spanish by a professional company. This will not happen for A18.0 however. He hasn’t and probably will not give you a date or an alpha number for when it will happen.

It is too much for you to expect them to translate the game right now when they certainly would have to make revisions down the line as development continues. When the text for books, journals, titles, descriptions, and dialogues are finalized, that would be the logical time to spend money translating it all at once.

You missed it. He has said that the game will be fully translated into Spanish by a professional company. This will not happen for A18.0 however. He hasn’t and probably will not give you a date or an alpha number for when it will happen.

It is too much for you to expect them to translate the game right now when they certainly would have to make revisions down the line as development continues. When the text for books, journals, titles, descriptions, and dialogues are finalized, that would be the logical time to spend money translating it all at once.

Then it will only be in the GOLD version?

You are missing some loot if you don't chop some doors down, there are little locked closets with good loot everywhere. I think they are fine, you can take a short cut if you want to try, but noone is forcing you to take the path.

Speaking of which look up or you will miss loot. LUA Look Up Always. :)

watching war ships when they fire the big guns.. i'd imagine the jeep would flip over a few times if it wasnt bolted down some how :)

If you mount a 6" cannon on it, maybe.

This was about a MMG, though, which a human can fire and remain standing.

Yes yes, I know there is some hidden loot here and there.. but nothing like a real fork of the path. Something that would make you say "should I go right or should I go left?".

Yes yes, I know there is some hidden loot here and there.. but nothing like a real fork of the path. Something that would make you say "should I go right or should I go left?".

Really? I find that all the time. Most buildings have more than one entrance into them. Some houses you can enter through the basement or front door. Some have obvious jumping paths up to the 2nd floor to bypass the front. Some have holes in the floor or ceiling so you can by pass the stairs. Etc. Plenty of choices on pathing are to be found.

Archived