Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Is the spear using the same code as the "sticky arrows"? It looked from the stream like sometimes it would show in the body after thrown and sometimes not. The times it didn't looked really odd when the person was still able to retrieve it.

The retrieval also looks a bit cheesy in general. You shouldn't be able to get the spear back instantly after a throw. The throw should be a decision made in desperation. The constant throw, retrieve, throw again just looked....off somehow. If I saw that game play video when deciding to purchase a game, it would not help me decide to buy the game. It just looked too gimmicky.

You'd be better off reading some self help books so you can control yourself instead of petitioning for useless features. We're not making the game difficult to access for some .00001% minority who can't keep their hands out of the cookie jar.

That's it, Imma change ma review from extremely positive to mildy less positive than very positive.

With all the seriousness this ridiculous subject may create, It is your job to warn the players that an online session includes an easy exploit. No policing here. At the end of the day, that's what is usually out there for multiplayer; server settings aside. Csgo for example doesn't allow console in competitive for a reason. While this game is so much more than that, I'm talking small option stuff when this is gold to ease a very substantial player base. I'm not the first to ask for this. Competitive players want this. I can get random numbers too, but 1% are 80.000 guys with this game, you know this is about right.

Disclaimer:

You insist on the Self control thing, let me throw this out there:

I'm pretty self controlled guy when It comes to gaming . But funny fact so you see how things are: I play with such a micromanaging and perfectionist technique that I've been asked A LOT of times : ؟did u spammed something? by many different players. Unfair and Ego damaging in a game with SCORE. Hell, it even happens with your own testers in the stream and you still insist this is not such a big problem.

I know YOU personally also like the feeling of being a pro between your keen. That's why Multiplayer games exist, to be something you are not in real life, to share and socialize, to be thrilled together. Not to argue together.

Why do you need EAC I wonder? Do you like wasting money? the default game allows cheats but doesn't allow cheats? Explain.

The setting would be extremely easy to implement and it would do more good than bad.

I look forward to your insight on this Ego thing:fat:.

Hey Madmole. While I loved the new powered draw bridge triggered by a motion sensor, I wish that you used a different type of block to start the bridge. This 45 degree angle is simply too steep to work right.

You're on here everyday, how did you not know the vehicle ramp issue has been solved?

That's it, Imma change ma review from extremely positive to mildy less positive than very positive.

With all the seriousness this ridiculous subject may create, It is your job to warn the players that an online session includes an easy exploit. No policing here. At the end of the day, that's what is usually out there for multiplayer; server settings aside. Csgo for example doesn't allow console in competitive for a reason. While this game is so much more than that, I'm talking small option stuff when this is gold to ease a very substantial player base. I'm not the first to ask for this. Competitive players want this. I can get random numbers too, but 1% are 80.000 guys with this game, you know this is about right.

Disclaimer:

I'm pretty self controlled guy when It comes to gaming . But funny fact so you see how things are: I play with such a micromanaging and perfectionist technique that I've been asked A LOT of times : ؟did u spammed something? by many different players. Unfair and Ego damaging in a game with SCORE. Hell, it even happens with your own testers in the stream and you still insist this is not such a big problem.

I know YOU personally also like the feeling of being a pro between your keen. That's why Multiplayer games exist, to be something you are not in real life, to share and socialize, to be thrilled together. Not to argue together.

Why do you need EAC I wonder? Do you like wasting money? the default game allows cheats but doesn't allow cheats? Explain.

The setting would be extremely easy to implement and it would do more good than bad.

Please stop wasting dev time. Wasting money, would be for them to continue this part of the conversation with you. There is a reason there are administrators of all kinds in all areas. Someone has to hold the keys to the kingdom to manage it. If you have self control issues, that isn't on a game dev to fix, if you have trust issues, that isn't on a game dev to find you new friends, etc.

Is the spear using the same code as the "sticky arrows"? It looked from the stream like sometimes it would show in the body after thrown and sometimes not. The times it didn't looked really odd when the person was still able to retrieve it.

The retrieval also looks a bit cheesy in general. You shouldn't be able to get the spear back instantly after a throw. The throw should be a decision made in desperation. The constant throw, retrieve, throw again just looked....off somehow. If I saw that game play video when deciding to purchase a game, it would not help me decide to buy the game. It just looked too gimmicky.

You guys beg for videos then scrutinize unfinished stuff.

Please stop wasting dev time. Wasting money, would be for them to continue this part of the conversation with you. There is a reason there are administrators of all kinds in all areas. Someone has to hold the keys to the kingdom to manage it. If you have self control issues, that isn't on a game dev to fix, if you have trust issues, that isn't on a game dev to find you new friends, etc.

I'm sorry if I didnt made miself entirely clear: I will explain:

Request:

Server admin should play by his rules and his rules alone, and the game should't be allowed to be modified in any way once created. That should be an option. Once you create a game you shall not change it unless you as the admin specifically allow yourself the console option and/or the modify game settings once world is created option AND that CHOICE should be shown on the server settings for us, the players to see.

That's what I'm asking for. That's what quite a few of us are asking for.

Do I , as an admin want to change server settings? ok. I reset the world and wipe everything out and change them. Now I feel like cheats on. Rinse, repeat; now I feel like I should play as a common player and don't have the console allowed and I feel like modifying the world settings after... etc.

Meanwhile everyone can see in the server settings:

1.console allowed to everyone/ ; admin only; /no one/

2. Modifyable settings after start: Yes/NO

Personally I think you made yourself very clear. The problem is with your argument.

I have a strong feeling if anyone pokes holes in your argument it would only result in a never ending cycle of back and forth.

Go and be an admin for 2 years on your own server, come back and then I'll be more than happy to debate you on this topic friend ;)

Request:

Server admin should play by his rules and his rules alone, and the game should't be allowed to be modified in any way once created. That should be an option. Once you create a game you shall not change it unless you as the admin specifically allow yourself the console option and/or the modify game settings once world is created option AND that CHOICE should be shown on the server settings for us, the players to see.

That's what I'm asking for. That's what quite a few of us are asking for.

Do I , as an admin want to change server settings? ok. I reset the world and wipe everything out and change them. Now I feel like cheats on. Rinse, repeat; now I feel like I should play as a common player and don't have the console allowed and I feel like modifying the world settings after... etc.

Meanwhile everyone can see in the server settings:

1.console allowed to everyone/ ; admin only; /no one/

2. Modifyable settings after start: Yes/NO

Funny ♥♥♥♥ mate.

Cheers

Personally I think you made yourself very clear. The problem is with your argument.

I have a strong feeling if anyone pokes holes in your argument it would only result in a never ending cycle of back and forth.

Go and be an admin for 2 years on your own server, come back and then I'll be more than happy to debate you on this topic friend ;)

2 years? I'd rather play a18/19 with a couple of trusted knights. Admin life is too much babysitting and hero complex. It would be a looong talk and with no coffee.

Speaking of underground bases, what ever happened to the idea of having to pump air down? I was really supportive of that. A19? Not sure how they could do it, programmatically speaking, but the likes of Faatal and Kinyajuu are much more talented programmers than me.

- - - Updated - - -

stopped in to see if alpha 18 was ready to drop. but it looks like there is still some time till its ready.

Should be ready tomorrow if we reeeeeeaaaally bug Madmole for it.

Disclaimer:

Find another game kid, this ain't for you if you complain about such a stupid thing. Find a server with a good admin that doesn't cheat or host your own server. This game isn't CS:GO, isn't competitive so just be quiet because, as you can see, Madmoles doesn't care, neither do we. A lot of players already laughed at your ideology.

As I said, either you find another server or another game. This ain't for you...and don't think that a bad review will make them change their idea or our idea about your topic. EAC is to stop hacks, because in the past there were lots of hacks that had nothing to do with cheat menu.

I am around since Alpha 1 and played a lot on multiplayer servers with Tunngle when I was in highschool and couldn't buy the game, because of living with my parents that didn't feel the need to give me money for a game...and those hacks had nothing to do with what was already in the game. If you don't know about what you're talking, then don't talk, you're embarrassing yourself even further.

Speaking of underground bases, what ever happened to the idea of having to pump air down? I was really supportive of that. A19? Not sure how they could do it, programmatically speaking, but the likes of Faatal and Kinyajuu are much more talented programmers than me.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be ready tomorrow if we reeeeeeaaaally but Madmole for it.

Maybe down the road, right now we have content lock and MF's.

Find another game kid, this ain't for you if you complain about such a stupid thing. Find a server with a good admin that doesn't cheat or host your own server. This game isn't CS:GO, isn't competitive so just be quiet because, as you can see, Madmoles doesn't care, neither do we. A lot of players already laughed at your ideology.

As I said, either you find another server or another game. This ain't for you...and don't think that a bad review will make them change their idea or our idea about your topic. EAC is to stop hacks, because in the past there were lots of hacks that had nothing to do with cheat menu.

I am around since Alpha 1 and played a lot on multiplayer servers with Tunngle when I was in highschool and couldn't buy the game, because of living with my parents that didn't feel the need to give me money for a game...and those hacks had nothing to do with what was already in the game. If you don't know about what you're talking, then don't talk, you're embarrassing yourself even further.

Thx for calling me kid. in my 30s now but younger than ever. Made my day.

Thx for calling me kid. in my 30s now but younger than ever. Made my day.

I don't care how old you are, if you still behave and think like a kid you will remain a kid no matter at what age you are. I know 30 years old guys that haven't grown up a bit, stop whining like a kid and grow up. Isn't enough that Madmole and many other players including myself already told you to stop insisting and laughed at your idea?

Come on, if you think you're right and the rest 99% of us (including Devs) are wrong, you got a problem. Find another game or grow up. Go play competitive CS:GO.

Archived