Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

It's good to know that so many important features are getting locked behind schematics/books/perks again. :D (I don't mean that sarcastically. Lol It brings out a lot of joy by looting and finding what you need for me and I'm sure a lot of players as well. ^^)

Spoiler alert: I got 2700 steel out that day. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I should have been more clear on that one, apologies. LOL

Yes its really good for the game play. Its a whole new game now, so many things you want to find, and with random stats its never end of the build, at least nowhere close with 50 hours in. I still don't even have an m60 and only one blue piece of steel armor, the rest is green iron armor. No electricity yet either.

we hinted back in a16 when a17 was ready to finally drop.... forget what you knew in a16 and before... same is now true... a18 will bring on new things to learn and or rethink. :) (i have died more testing a18 than any alpha prior). i cant wait to see the stories... some will catch on and some not so fast.

Yes and look how that turned out...

Its not our job to police server runners. There wouldn't be any servers at all if we disabled cheats, the admin like to do admin stuff, and that involves the CM menu, for like sometimes legit reasons like a guys backpack fell into the world, he got dc'd, or insert random issue here. They are needed for server admin. Run your own server if you don't like it, or deal with trust issues. There has to be admin cheats, period. Run your own server, its 16 bucks a month, or play solo. Either way its not an issue for anyone serious about playing the game.

I get the point. I don't share it in full. Default is nice. Options are good. How hard (psichologically cofoundery beliefsystem speaking) would be to implement a tiny option like that? Maybe I'm barking at the wrong Duke. Shawn is busy right now. I'll try again in a few months lol.

Maybe dressing up as Zd Moe and jumping over opened hatches would summon him.

@madmole Do you know of the multiplayer bandage bug? If not, I'll explain it in the following, but first some, two basic points:

- This bug can only be replicated/utilized in multiplayer

- This bug cannot be utilized all of the time; sometimes it works, sometimes it does not

In a multiplayer server, every so often, if you right-click to heal with a bandage in your toolbelt (that is in your hand), you won't consume the bandage (as the button was changed from right-click to left-click in A17), but occasionally, you can gain the healing buff regardless, via the bug. I only discovered this because I switch between two worlds - one in A16 and one in A17 - and as I explained above, the buttons used on the mouse for using a medical item were flipped in A16, so I discovered this bug accidentally by force of habit of using right-click. I personally don't use this exploit, but I can see a lot of people doing so, if they discover it themselves.

Sharp sticks are back in the game but not in the way you think...more of a troll "return" by our own dear Madtroll...er...Madmole

sounds like arrows...

You're being silly,

Arrows are for Bow's, Arrow's have feathers, Silly Goose

Throwable Pointy Sticks are Non Quality Spears

Early game weapon just reduce the distance to 10 blocks & a low bleeding buff is all

Just something to TROLL around with when hunting Trolls under the bridge...

As you can tell I am back getting my Achievements in South Parks The Fractured ButtWhole…

While I'm waiting for the game to drop...

Silly Goose...

I just want to run around early game throwing Pointy Sticks in my Tidy Whiteys...

They don't have to go very far or do a lot of damage...

Is anyone laughing yet?

Laugh Dammmiiittttt, LAUGH

@madmole Do you know of the multiplayer bandage bug? If not, I'll explain it in the following, but first some, two basic points:

- This bug can only be replicated/utilized in multiplayer

- This bug cannot be utilized all of the time; sometimes it works, sometimes it does not

In a multiplayer server, every so often, if you right-click to heal with a bandage in your toolbelt (that is in your hand), you won't consume the bandage (as the button was changed from right-click to left-click in A17), but occasionally, you can gain the healing buff regardless, via the bug. I only discovered this because I switch between two worlds - one in A16 and one in A17 - and as I explained above, the buttons used on the mouse for using a medical item were flipped in A16, so I discovered this bug accidentally by force of habit of using right-click. I personally don't use this exploit, but I can see a lot of people doing so, if they discover it themselves.

You fool! Blake’s reading....!

Jk Blake ;)

...you disable the option in the menu?

I hope there are more options than just "on/off". I really don't mind zombies digging, I just think their sense and hearing ability are way too much in A17 (imo, it should be 20 blocks tops, "regular days" of course, and it could be improved through perks, such as "From the Shadows"). They should have such ability only horde nights.

A vehicle mod that allows for 4-players riding together in the Jeep would be something for A19 or A20 whereas a full helicopter would probably be post gold. Timing is probably the difference between them.

Also a mod for additional passengers is actually under consideration by TFP while a full helicopter is just out loud wishful thinking on Madmole’s part here in the moment.

I have made vehicle test mods, so we are over half way there.

Code support for x amount of passengers is already in. Someone could mod in the seats in xml and it would probably work, but I have not tested it.

I would like to add a boat. Partial code support is in for that too.

there are mods out there that already support up to 8 players in a 4x4 and 2 seats on MC. so I don't see the game needing that. as long as TFP continues to support mods.

Nice. I have never looked at any mods, so ignorant on that front.

No. What on earth inspires you to ruin your own experience? Cheating ruins the experience, period. You obviously realize this, because you are asking for a feature to remove console commands. Even if we did add it, you could simply restart the game with --cheats flag, and then open the console and do whatever it is you do. The only fix for this is for you to gain some self control and stop cheating, because you are the problem, not us. Its like telling a beer manufacturer to stop making beer so you can quit drinking lol.

I'm just asking for an OPTION that would have more of a concrete presence of rules where it would be hard to put in CM and do these things like changing the time for convenience sake. One reason why I don't like fast traveling in MMOs is that it breaks emersion but if that's an option I'd be an idiot not to use it. I'm not telling you to remove console command as your beer analogy implies.

I have made vehicle test mods, so we are over half way there.

Code support for x amount of passengers is already in. Someone could mod in the seats in xml and it would probably work, but I have not tested it.

I would like to add a boat. Partial code support is in for that too.

It is nice to have "partial code", but I don't want to scratch that feature yet. I don't see much benefit of multiple rider unless we have bigger horde support. With multiple rider it will be good to shoot down 100s of zed at once.

Also, I recently discovered that each gas pump gives 32 gas in A17. How odd...

Ten more than 22, ten less than 42... Its obvious!

42: The meaning of life, the universe and everything!

22: Catch 22!

So, what is between 22 ans 42?? ... ... 32!!

It all fits! I hope you understand now. :)

This still means that 32 is meaningless and that must be corrected. ;)

It saying that life the universe and everything IS a catch 22!

Which means, obviously, that the players character is in a coma, in New York, and when he wakes up, 7D2D PART 2 starts!

The player wakes up on the 32nd floor of New York-Presbyterian Hospital in the Weill Cornell Medical College campus, the most exclusive (Read: *secret*, where the real zombie virus started) medical school in the world!

YOU are the 32nd Patient to get the zombie virus, but have an immunity to it!

YOU have seen the future!

Stop the outbreak before your worst nightmare comes true!!!

Hope this helped.

Mark 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Duke the things that are Dukes', and to Madmole the things that are Madmole's. And they marvelled at him.

lol bad joke but after reading you're post this was the first thing that popped in me head and i had to post it.

I love that miracle that happens soon after that.

Archived