Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I have made vehicle test mods, so we are over half way there.

Code support for x amount of passengers is already in. Someone could mod in the seats in xml and it would probably work, but I have not tested it.

I would like to add a boat. Partial code support is in for that too.

Pretty good except it also sort of moves on land.

20190810194631_1.jpg

(My boy ragsy should be releasing this soon.)

I'm just asking for an OPTION that would have more of a concrete presence of rules where it would be hard to put in CM and do these things like changing the time for convenience sake. One reason why I don't like fast traveling in MMOs is that it breaks emersion but if that's an option I'd be an idiot not to use it. I'm not telling you to remove console command as your beer analogy implies.

THEN LEARN SELF-CONTROL. Come on man, he already said that he won't do it. How many times will you insist with this? Now don't think I'm mad or that I want to offend you, this is constructive criticism, if you wanna lose weight, you got NO RIGHT to tell us not to bring foods like pizza, cheeseburgers, etc in the house just because you want to lose weight. Want to lose weight? Deal with it yourself, learn self-control or move out of the house. Same here, learn self-control or find another game that is suited for you.

That's a bit childish really, again, I'm not saying this to offend you, but you can't ask such a stupid thing that will affect the whole community just because you lack self-control, the same with admins that can cheat on their servers, they got every right to use the commands to govern their server how they wish, you don't like the server? Then find another one. Sorry if this answer upset you, but this is the truth. I can't ask Madmole to remove the horde night option in the menu just because I FEEL TEMPTED to turn it off to make it easier, some people want to play with it, some don't.

THEN LEARN SELF-CONTROL. Come on man, he already said that he won't do it. Now don't think I'm mad or that I want to offend you, this is constructive criticism, if you wanna lose weight, you got NO RIGHT to tell us not to bring foods like pizza, cheeseburgers, etc in the house just because you want to lose weight. Want to lose weight? Deal with it yourself.

That's a bit childish really, again, I'm not saying this to offend you, but you can't ask such a stupid thing that will affect the whole community just because you lack self-control. Sorry if this answer upset you, but this is the truth. I can't ask Madmole to remove the horde night option in the menu, some people want to play with it, some don't, just because I FEEL TEMPTED to turn it off to make it easier.

Unless the argument is with multiplayer games where it allows one person to cheat? I don't know if it does because I rarely play multiplayer, but I can understand why having a command line would be an issue then.

Unless the argument is with multiplayer games where it allows one person to cheat? I don't know if it does because I rarely play multiplayer, but I can understand why having a command line would be an issue then.

It's no issue. Servers for all games are just like this, admin has all the rights to use cheats or not. If he uses them, it's up to him. Like Madmole said, I wanna have those admin rights if I find a player that is cursing or using hacks on the server and I wanna ban him.

Now some will say:"Then make separate admin functions from cheats". That doesn't work either, because if admin doesn't like that a guy ruined his base in a pvp action, then he can ban him or kick him out of the server and that may be called cheating too. People that want console commands to be removed are just kids that lack self-control, again, no offense please. You found a server where the admin feels tempted to use cheat menu? If you don't like it, find another server, there are HUNDREDS. I have never ever EVER found a server where admin is cheating, unless that admin is with his friends and wants to troll them or have fun with them.

It's no issue. Servers for all games are just like this, admin has all the rights to use cheats or not. If he uses them, it's up to him. Like Madmole said, I wanna have those admin rights if I find a player that is cursing or using hacks on the server and I wanna ban him.

Now some will say:"Then make separate admin functions from cheats". That doesn't work either, because if admin doesn't like that a guy ruined his base in a pvp action, then he can ban him or kick him out of the server and that may be called cheating too. People that want console commands to be removed are just kids that lack self-control, again, no offense please. You found a server where the admin feels tempted to use cheat meanu? If you don't like it, find another server, there are HUNDREDS. I have never ever EVER found a server where admin is cheating, unless that admin is with his friends and wants to troll them or have fun with them.

Yeah, that's fair enough but to have server/admin rights would be one thing, but to actively be able to cheat in the game is another. I've never thought about it before (like I said, I rarely go MP), but I would have expected games to limit cheating, but allow player control.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty good except it also sort of moves on land.

20190810194631_1.jpg

(My boy ragsy should be releasing this soon.)

Just imagine it as a hovercraft.

- - - Updated - - -

please tell me, experimental a18 will be released in August?

It will be released in August.

I don't know if I'm right, but you asked someone to tell you and I did. :-)

@devs/moderators I'm curious so felt I should ask. Has the zombies abilitity to dig down towards those who live like moles changed in A18?

:crossing fingers: I'm hoping not as this has been my favorite feature ever implemented :) Yes yes I know many of you do not like this feature :(

Honestly, I don't see what this "feature" has brought to the game except zombies digging through stairs and zombies bothering me when I'm mining resources.

Yeah, that's fair enough but to have server/admin rights would be one thing, but to actively be able to cheat in the game is another. I've never thought about it before (like I said, I rarely go MP), but I would have expected games to limit cheating, but allow player control.

- - - Updated - - -

One man's cheat is another man's admin tool. Its a no-brainer really. Admins need CM access for example. To restock the lobby's vendor machines. Decorate a lobby/marketplace , compensate players that lost their bag full of stuff etc. And yes they can have all the things they want like that, but its nescesary to do admin work. I really dont think that jealousy should be a reason to remove that ability. As MM said the game isnt going to police for servers and their owner/admins.

Cheers

One man's cheat is another man's admin tool. Its a no-brainer really. Admins need CM access for example. To restock the lobby's vendor machines. Decorate a lobby/marketplace , compensate players that lost their bag full of stuff etc. And yes they can have all the things they want like that, but its nescesary to do admin work. I really dont think that jealousy should be a reason to remove that ability. As MM said the game isnt going to police for servers and their owner/admins.

Cheers

Ah, those points make sense. What wouldn't make sense is that just because I'm the admin, I get to cheat and you don't. Now watch how superior I am to you as you die to my special gaming talents!

Yes, I had a 'friend' like this back in the day.

Ah, those points make sense. What wouldn't make sense is that just because I'm the admin, I get to cheat and you don't. Now watch how superior I am to you as you die to my special gaming talents!

Admin abuse like that is mostly rewarded with a completely empty server. Nature at its best ;)

Cheers

Yes, the admin is superior to the other players with their ability to create things out of thin air and summon an army of the undead at will. It's a bad admin who uses this power for personal pleasure or gain.

The admins role is very similar to the GM's role in a traditional RPG. The GM can kill any character at any time, it's even a trope "Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies". A GM or admin worth playing with will never use that ability.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RocksFallEveryoneDies

This is where I contradict the very first thing I said. A good GM has a streak of shadenfreude* a mile wide. They enjoy pushing the characters (and players) to their physical and emotional limits, a kind of trolling in a sense. The extra tools available to the admin can allow them to do this by altering the playing world in ways that a computer algorithm would not.

Not everybody is suitable for the role of admin, it takes a particular set of skills and a redefinition of what "winning" means.

*German: Taking pleasure at another's misfortune.

(no English translation available)

Exactly. There is no story to say "The End" to so you decide upon your own end conditions. Mostly though the true endgame is finally reaching a point where you decide to start over and that will be different for each person.

I hate the idea of an end game.

You put in an ending. I reach it. The game ends. I go play something else. Sounds like a bad idea. Just for me though. I know some people love story and game ends. But not me. Story gets in the way and game ends end games. No thanks.

Each picnic table is worth roughly 100 dukes each, and after mining iron vein after iron vein for two in-game weeks almost non-stop, and had 60 forges going, you'd be surprised. (It's currently day 128 on my world, so there's that; been doing questing as well, selling everything I know I won't use.)

I made a fortune on picnic tables too. Easy money. Thanks FUNPimps, am I right? 😂

Archived