Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

There are some perk books that let you harvest door knobs, and more brass/lead from sinks, plus mining is viable again so all the GP and lead you can want. On top of that traders seem to fill any gaps.

Why not make brass craftable? There's a chem bench... Cranking up the looting is great but with the smaller mapsizes its still going to be a finite source if you can only scrap it, especially on servers with a decent amount of people.

Why not make brass craftable? There's a chem bench... Cranking up the looting is great but with the smaller mapsizes its still going to be a finite source if you can only scrap it, especially on servers with a decent amount of people.

"There are some perk books that let you harvest door knobs, and more brass/lead from sinks, plus mining is viable again so all the GP and lead you can want. On top of that traders seem to fill any..." - Madmole about the future of brass.

"There are some perk books that let you harvest door knobs, and more brass/lead from sinks, plus mining is viable again so all the GP and lead you can want. On top of that traders seem to fill any..." - Madmole about the future of brass.

I know, he answered me with that lol...

There has been talks about brass before, pasted his statement to show its final words, again. We haven`t even played A18 to see how the new balance gives it to us. Of course, crafting it is a plus. But we need to have a reason to go out there and loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Something about his post tells me he knows about that quote from Madmole, Beerfly...lol

Shut up :D

I noticed a few suggestions for using base materials for crafting blocks with the new shape menu as I was catching up on this thread.

I just want to chime in that I think that sounds like a good idea rather than creating a full block and then selecting a shape.

It could also solve the tablesaw thing as you could go for more diversity in the base material section and even mix and match them a bit.

Want to make catwalks? Sure, use the tablesaw to make planks from wood. Reinforced concrete? Make rebar from the forge and concrete mix from the mixer and combine those to rebar and concrete.

That would replace the craft timers for the block and would basically function as it is now.

There has been talks about brass before, pasted his statement to show its final words, again. We haven`t even played A18 to see how the new balance gives it to us. Of course, crafting it is a plus. But we need to have a reason to go out there and loot.

So you're his secretary or something? I'm just asking.

I've played 7 days since 2014 and had a server since 2015, so I know what people ask and like. Right now no one understands why this is still not a alloy or how you call it, that you can make.

One other thing a lot of people say is how great mods are now, for your tools and weapons and how that is THE reason to go out and loot.

I am sure there are much more Mods and things to loot to come. These are WAY better reasons to go out and loot than something mandatory (and finite) as brass.

Lead used to be a problem back in the day and that's mineable now, and people really dont miss that to mandatory loot/scrap.

Frames aren’t going to removed. This is all brainstorming at this point so nothing is set in stone but the current idea is that frames would work like Minecraft’s scaffolding block so you can move through and up and down them— a huge boon for building.

They would not be upgradeable anymore however so That is a downside but instead of replace as you go you place blocks to the outside of the frames and leave the frames for greater mobility as you build.

As long as they can be used like wooden frames, that's fine with me.

I use wooden frames very often for temporary constructions e.g. to replace the destroyed stairs in high-rise buildings or to bridge broken catwalks. Looting the construction site without wooden frames would mean that I would jump to my death several times.

I also use wooden frames for stealth gameplay. Here I mainly use the ramps to bridge obstacles without jumping.

I also use frames to sketch the floor plan of a base and determine the dimensions.

This game gives us really many ways of surviving by your own style guys, everyone wants something to be there or not.

I am not arguing against your idea or something, its discussion, right.

So discuss? Dont reply with something MM said (that I was replying to!) saying it was his final words on it or something, makes no sense plus it's rather rude to speak for him. I was actually discussing his take on the changes and you just loop back to what he said.

Anyway, I hope it takes the lead-way, where you can mine/create it and loot/scrap it.

Those are some good ideas. I really feel wood construction has been marginalized the last few alphas. Now that cobblestone and cement can be so easily harvested from POIs it almost feels like there is no place for wood blocks. I’d like there to be place for it and building on the water sounds really cool—someday.

A disadvantage of wood for defense is that the upgrade path to concrete is too expensive. To get from wood to concrete you have to upgrade the wood blocks to metal. If you start with flagstone, the upgrade path is much cheaper. You upgrade the flagstone blocks to cobblestone and then to concrete.

I always wanted cities to have their own "ore" like biomes do. In the way of brass pipes (water lines, sewer lines, gas, etc.). I suppose that with the doorknobs being able to be harvested in A18 you'll have a semi-endless supply because every time you activate a quest marker it resets the POI to it's original state. Still want that brass pipe idea I have though:fat:

Well, lifespan of that ammo was short then.

Back to shotguns I guess.

But it sounds like there will be more ammo in the game overall. So were you found steel bullets, you will find more brass ones.

But shotguns work well to. :)

Why in Navezgane would you want to lower your game stage?

If you want to ease the pressure of the horde night. This would also get you out doing quests that doesn't amp up the pressure. I'm not a race to the end sort of guy. I like long builds. The quest could be like "keepin' the peace " or " knockin' them back to the line". It would give you feeling of actually winning

If you want to ease the pressure of the horde night. This would also get you out doing quests that doesn't amp up the pressure. I'm not a race to the end sort of guy. I like long builds. The quest could be like "keepin' the peace " or " knockin' them back to the line". It would give you feeling of actually winning

This does have some appeal to it. Maybe even throw in some randomness of changes to it to keep it interesting.

There are some perk books that let you harvest door knobs, and more brass/lead from sinks, plus mining is viable again so all the GP and lead you can want. On top of that traders seem to fill any gaps.

You mean Door Knobs from DOORS or just from random loot like we have now? Tell me we get them from doors now!

A disadvantage of wood for defense is that the upgrade path to concrete is too expensive. To get from wood to concrete you have to upgrade the wood blocks to metal. If you start with flagstone, the upgrade path is much cheaper. You upgrade the flagstone blocks to cobblestone and then to concrete.

Wood upgrades to flagstone or cobblestone.

Wood upgrades to flagstone or cobblestone.

In A18? In A17 it is still iron to which you upgrade wood.

I just tested it. The path in A17 is Wood -> Reinforced Wood -> Metal Reinforced Wood -> Scrap Iron -> Reinforced Scrap Iron -> Concrete

Archived