Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Ironically, the pimps have given us unlimited deco blocks, via modding ability.

...at no point will everyone be satisfied with vanilla. Ever.

With 1500+ hours of Vanilla played, I respectfully disagree.

Unfortunately A17 kinda killed a fair amount for me. So I'm roughly stuck at that number and waiting to see how the rest plays out.

With 1500+ hours of Vanilla played, I respectfully disagree.

Unfortunately A17 kinda killed a fair amount for me. So I'm roughly stuck at that number and waiting to see how the rest plays out.

Disagree with what homie? That 1) they've given us unlimited deco blocks or that 2) no one will be satisfied with vanilla, ever?

...because 1 is true and you just proved 2 yourself. =)

Come to the dark side... custom blocks... they're not evil and are nicely implemented in vanilla now.

Disagree with what homie? That 1) they've given us unlimited deco blocks or that 2) no one will be satisfied with vanilla, ever?

...because 1 is true and you just proved 2 yourself. =)

Come to the dark side... custom blocks... they're not evil and are nicely implemented in vanilla now.

You wicked bastard lol.

I do need to look more into this. I did more modlet reading and it seems one may be able to create a simple zip file for extraction and package it up for simple setup even with new blocks. If that's true, I just might come over. :-p

You're still a wicked temptress of a bastard. Like... A hard to tell cross dresser. But I see your Adam's apple sir! :-D

Disclaimer: much love to cross dresser's. Apologies for lumping the likes of Guppy with ya's.

<3

Side note... Disagree that people can't be happy with vanilla. I both proved and disproved my point. I never said I wasn't complicated sir. Though Vanilla is the most common way a game is played. So I hope people can be satisfied with a Vanilla version of this game. Else it's screwed.

Slacker

- - - Updated - - -

Finally, the fireman zombie is being implemented

Its a tiny book icon so I doubt distinction between volumes would even be noticed, and would eat considerable atlas space to have unique ones. So a bit of a bang for the bug thing, and game limits thing. We might though, we'll have to see how it looks and plays with the same icon per book in each series.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, change the schematics from single use to a permanent blue print

When I first started playing, this was my automatic assumption.. when it was consumed, I was like "whaaaat.." ;U

.. permanent blueprints would be nice. ;b

Depends on how we sort of crafting quality.

hey madmole, whats up. i have a simple question. i cant connect to public servers. i know that a lot of people is having issues with multiplayer. is it going to be fixed soon or kinda? sorry if i bother you with this :)

When I first started playing, this was my automatic assumption.. when it was consumed, I was like "whaaaat.." ;U

.. permanent blueprints would be nice. ;b

Maybe 3 tiers of permanent blueprints. (ex: tier 1 you can craft tier 1 and 2 items, tier 2 you can craft tier 3 and 4, and tier 3 you can craft tier 5)

Tier 6 items can only be found in the world.

Speaking of, why is there only swat helmet? Where is the rest of the swat gear? I like that this is better than steel and only lootable but we can't currently obtain anything other than the helmet. A riot shield would be cool too and would be a nice complement to using one handed weapons.

Depends on how we sort of crafting quality.

@madmole

Perhaps an idea would be to craft "schematics"(consumable) into "blueprints"(Permanent) at a higher Yeah science level? (I heard that people were saying that there wasn't much to gain at higher levels of yeah science so: 2 birds one stone?)

Congratulations! You have officially found out that some players have a different idea of what is fun! ;)

If you are losing sleep over it you can simply balance your mod for the 200% XP settings and put that "required setting" in the description. Then it can only be played in "normal", "grindier", and several kinds of "even grindier".

A mod doesnt have to cater to every style of play. That is why its a mod. Its aimed at a particular play style.

Of course I can balance for every setting and make my game, what was it you said? Oh yes "grindier" but then i feel like we would lose our identity and players would have a hard time pinpointing the goal of what our mod is.

And we already have vanilla for that dont we? ;)

Don't get yer primaddona panties in a bunch.

I do put consideration of things that I want. Generally speaking, if it's something that I think would be beneficial to a broad audience, then I'll argue for it. Otherwise, I'll dump a silly list into Pimp Dreams and move on.

Don't agree with making requests "just for me". Bare minimum, it's a weaker position to ask for things from. And... It's frankly disgustingly self centered in my mind.

200% XP wrecked YOUR mods balance? And I have a high opinion of myself?

When did 7 Days become YOUR game alone? You're a modder. Figure it out.

An average player would rather have a good native collection of options. Not some convoluted secondary installation process.

Modders have tried to tell people to "mod it themselves" from the beginning of time, but didnt you know? Saying that to the community on this forum is taboo. Have a look around. Talk about panties in a bunch, tell someone to "mod it" and sit back and enjoy.

Every single negative post I have ever made could be null and void if "mod it" became acceptable as a response. I am doing it, others are happily doing it. But then you have a large portion that refuse to accept that. Maybe the sooner they did the less friction we would see?

A mod doesnt have to cater to every style of play. That is why its a mod. Its aimed at a particular play style.

Of course I can balance for every setting and make my game, what was it you said? Oh yes "grindier" but then i feel like we would lose our identity and players would have a hard time pinpointing the goal of what our mod is.

And we already have vanilla for that dont we? ;)

Thats what is great about mods, if people don't like it they can not bother with it. You don't owe them anything. It allows players to customize the experience to their unique snowflake tastes.

Modders have tried to tell people to "mod it themselves" from the beginning of time, but didnt you know? Saying that to the community on this forum is taboo. Have a look around. Talk about panties in a bunch, tell someone to "mod it" and sit back and enjoy.

Every single negative post I have ever made could be null and void if "mod it" became acceptable as a response. I am doing it, others are happily doing it. But then you have a large portion that refuse to accept that. Maybe the sooner they did the less friction we would see?

You are against more vanilla settings because it interferes with your mod. Thats the problem. There is no need to mod the vanilla game if there is a setting for it right? Only friction i see i you being against players having more options because oh my, your mod....

Cheers

-edit- dont like the settings? mod it

@madmole

Perhaps an idea would be to craft "schematics"(consumable) into "blueprints"(Permanent) at a higher Yeah science level? (I heard that people were saying that there wasn't much to gain at higher levels of yeah science so: 2 birds one stone?)

You are suggesting being able to craft these schematics yourself with a high tier yeah science perk?

You are suggesting being able to craft these schematics yourself with a high tier yeah science perk?

I think he wants to be able to craft the schematics you find into a blueprint that will give you the permanent knowledge to be able to craft that mod forever once you read it (as in previous alphas).

So find a schematic to a 4x scope mod and save it until your science perk is higher. Then use that schematic as part of a recipe to craft a 4x scope blueprint which you can then read and then be able to start making multiple 4x scopes.

You are against more vanilla settings because it interferes with your mod. Thats the problem. There is no need to mod the vanilla game if there is a setting for it right? Only friction i see i you being against players having more options because oh my, your mod....

Cheers

-edit- dont like the settings? mod it

I agree. I was specifically being sarcastic towards Jackel. It didn't come off properly. I was ecstatic about the BM options and block damage options. I'm not against options. I keep forgetting that everyone here takes everything to a literal degree here.

Why would any modder be against options? And like Sirillion pointed out that setting is easily blocked from a mod users access through modding. So again, i'm not against options I was using an extreme example of how taking up a cause in the name of other players isn't always the best approach to stating your own opinion.

I apologize for the confusion.

The reason MODDERS, have specifically ruined the term "mod it" is because MODDERS have used "mod it" as a "shut up" synonym.

And specifically saying "mod it" to someone who bought... THE GAME... Not A MOD... to a large group of people who don't want to deal with mods, buy rather want their purchased game to be the best it can be, is a series of words I believe will get me banned from the forums.

So. If a changing game bothers you because it affects your mods, I'm sorry. But Mod It.

If you don't like the stuff people want to see in Vanilla... Mod It.

The reason MODDERS, have specifically ruined the term "mod it" is because MODDERS have used "mod it" as a "shut up" synonym.

And specifically saying "mod it" to someone who bought... THE GAME... Not A MOD... to a large group of people who don't want to deal with mods, buy rather want their purchased game to be the best it can be, is a series of words I believe will get me banned from the forums.

So. If a changing game bothers you because it affects your mods, I'm sorry. But Mod It.

If you don't like the stuff people want to see in Vanilla... Mod It.

Sweet. I already do this. If YOU aren't happy with the vanilla experience..... well mod it. :)

In the end the anti mod people are only cheating themselves and causing themselves more frustration. Because this game has SO much to offer everyone.

Sweet. I already do this. If YOU aren't happy with the vanilla experience..... well mod it. :)

It's all good. I'll just keep nudging devs for things I think are beneficial to the majority and I'd happen to look forward to. And if I don't get it, *shrug*, all good.

I'm all full up on full time jobs. If I did dive into modding it'd be to make a Cyberpunk overhaul. Mmmmm... But after Bandits come.

Damn it... >.<

Now you're going to be a bad influence just like Guppy.

Archived