Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

This 100% I just started learning sound design and it's way more hands on, into the field than I realized. If they don't have a dedicated sound designer then there is no way in hell they are getting quality sound effects. There is only so much you can do with stock sounds and music. The atmosphere greatly decreased where sound ambiance is concerned in my opinion. Older alphas had much more of a "mood" for sure.

Not saying they are bad, just unrefined.

The guy made all the sounds for Duke Nukem Forever so I think he's plenty good enough and the sounds are good, but the sound engine isn't the best and it needs a remix once we get final sound tech is all. We have a new dynamic music system coming.

Ran what you said through gizoogle = more pimpin'

There is no thangs up in dis biatch fo' We already gotz a rare schematic you need ta find. Y'all KNOW dat ♥♥♥♥, mutha♥♥♥♥a! What tha ♥♥♥♥ iz tha fundamenstrual difference, biatch? Yo ass *know* dis recipe but you still gotta go find a rare thang ta make dat ♥♥♥♥. Which is exactly how tha ♥♥♥♥ it is now except you don't give a ♥♥♥♥ it yo, but you need ta find tha rare schematic fo' realz. At tha end of tha dizzle it would be a funky-ass bunch of work changin suttin' dat works fine, ta suttin' nearly identical. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack. Well shiiit, it would add mo' clutta objects dat have limited craftin value cloggin up playas inventory n' be mo' work makin these items, localization, etc.

LOL, exactly.

madmolll????/?

Can we have some new ambient sounds, at least.. ones that don't go on a 5 second loop? Like in Burnt Biome..? That stuff gives me PTSD. :c

It's literally.. 'Dooo do dooo do dooo do dooooo.. dooooo doo do dooooooo...' repeat.

Hey MadMole,

I'd like to see some books/perks, which let you better handle worn armor.

So one can better move at less stamina costs in it. Split into light/heavy armor tree.

E.g. one book reduces stamina costs, another raises your speed, the third makes you oppose the best armor spot towards

your enemy and thus reduces it's wear. Something like that.

The difference is in the immersion with the game. Finding a rare item to craft a powerful item is something I can accept, like having to find some optics or a special kind of steel or fabric. But having to find a schematic every time kinda breaks with the immersion as if I have first found the recipe for how to make something I will then know how to make said thing and will make it more than once and I do not understand why the recipe, and with it the knowledge of what you just did, goes poof with each craft.

And I do see your point, it is a VERY small thing and as AtomicUs5000 points out in the post below yours, it is probably just a label issue. And yes, I understand the work that goes into making such a change. I just hope that you also see my point and all I ask is that you consider it, even if it is just a relabel of the schematic to something that would make sense going poof with each craft :)

All you do is look at the read button. If its not greyed out you need to read it.

Having All mods by day 35, assuming 60 min days is 35 hours of playtime. This is too long for a 20 hour game you are planning. Dont lock content behind walls that 2 percent of us will see.

I don't expect average players to have all the mods.

there is supposed to be a whole soundtrack for this game. I wonder how many songs are we going to get

I don't think it could be called "songs". Its more like ambient tracks that fit the tone of what you are doing and can intro and outro to other moods. I could be wrong though, but what little bits I've heard are awesome and were done by professionals.

madmolll????/?

Can we have some new ambient sounds, at least.. ones that don't go on a 5 second loop? Like in Burnt Biome..? That stuff gives me PTSD. :c

It's literally.. 'Dooo do dooo do dooo do dooooo.. dooooo doo do dooooooo...' repeat.

I heard that is possible with the new system.

Hey MadMole,

I'd like to see some books/perks, which let you better handle worn armor.

So one can better move at less stamina costs in it. Split into light/heavy armor tree.

E.g. one book reduces stamina costs, another raises your speed, the third makes you oppose the best armor spot towards

your enemy and thus reduces it's wear. Something like that.

We'd have to be careful with that its possible to get positive speeds if you have too many removals of negatives that stack. I'll add it to the list to look at though right now we don't have any armor books.

Archived