Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Well, it's not like it's real science...

"Oh wow, this is from the gynacological era, it's made of postmostium and carries properties of madmolium."

...not rocket science. =)

Yeah I know.

Especially the American geology is awefull! The Texas version is the worst! Way behind! (You're fron Texas, right? ^-^)

I could not make this up if I tried. This happens EVERY TIME. *Sigh* Lol

SGOJztp.jpg

Looks like I'm going to have to make my base elsewhere.

Weird. Grab the DBM screenshot wit hall the info and make a bug report because it's rare. But for now, go into DM, ESC, and turn off physics. That will allow you to bypass the invisible blocks.

I've had my motorcycle hit by zombies once or twice and completely broken...and repair kits won't repair it at all. I've only seen this with the motorcycle though. (Saw it last night, and saw it two xp's back as we.)

I have a bug ticket for that.

Rare? Not in my experience, but okay. *Shrugs*

I did that, like I did the previous four times; it did nothing.

The most accepted theory in regards to their creation is they are failed trees. And since trees generate randomly per world, reporting it and giving the world info will most likely do nothing.

So, I'll just fight the day 14 horde and delete this world and start again. :p

I wasn't sure if that was you or not, couldn't remember lol. I've really never ran into one myself *shrug*. Not sure, I've built on/around the areas of fallen trees... weird bug. Why I say info could help, the more info may lead them to find the cause lol

I've been meaning to mess around in a test world, maybe ill try to recreate the tree idea, or find it elsewise

Pretty much. I finally went for 4 columns, 2 blocks apart each, in a square, made out of cobblestone. That didn't work. Either I could not reach the damaged blocks to repair them, or I had to make it 2 blocks high, meaning the zombies could jump on each other's shoulders and get to me that way.

A small stone ended up killing me. I tried to nerdpole to get to the top of my base after a zombie joined me on that level, and I couldn't place a block on the ground where the small stone was, so I died.

That means the average is close to 10 minuts, yes?

Rare? Not in my experience, but okay. *Shrugs*

I did that, like I did the previous four times; it did nothing.

The most accepted theory in regards to their creation is they are failed trees. And since trees generate randomly per world, reporting it and giving the world info will most likely do nothing.

So, I'll just fight the day 14 horde and delete this world and start again. :p

Edit: Deleted the world.

But a save game of a world is relatively small now, together with the world seed (shown in the logfile) they would have everything they need to have exactly your world and current state.

True, but don't expect to be living in a place like this in the post-apocalypse. Lol

ylNJOEV.jpg

Over time, everything rots. Houses decay, the roads will crumble, the world will reclaim what was once lost to nature, back to its natural green self. Cities will collapse, windows will shatter... It doesn't have to look ugly. But if you're used to living in a comfy modern or Modern home, it's not going to look pretty after a while. :p

But if you make new paint, make new windows, make new wood planks from trees, plant new grass, plant new trees, plant new flowers then that new house you make is not gonna look old and beat up....

Since I was giving exactly the same answer in my post without making you understand, which seems to happen to my posts quite frequently; Is it my general use of english that makes me hard to understand (I'm not a native speaker) ? Too long sentences, too complicated phrases maybe?

I believe I have always understood your posts - which are written rather well considering English is a second language. I understood what you meant by serial = parallel. (And testing was easy.) Another way to try to clarify the issue might have been that say that each plate has built in OR gates, not AND gates. But it is unknown if that would have helped either. (And there are all kinds of household items that use either. Electric security window 'sensors' (etc) typically use OR gates.)

Tried a shotgun run but blunderbuss and double barrel just aren't viable clearing poi's especially on higher difficulties/nightmare. Easy to miss headshots, slow reload, switch to body shots zombies not getting knocked down. The slow fire rate and close range makes them situational on horde night too. This is with 4 points put in shotgun perk.

Pump does ok but you need bandoleer and drum and maxing out the perk asap for the reload speed. Apart from the sledge Strength builds are looking over at Brawlers....fists, healing, heavy armor, ak47 + drum mod + silencer + scope + rad remover?.....m60?!?!? Did I miss anything?

And sure any attribute can wear heavy armor but if you're not watching your mobility speed and stamina you ain't gonna last long on higher settings.

I think, it would be a good idea that zombies affected by bleeding through cuts would visually show it. Maybe by spilling blood or clothes being soaked by blood. So you could change your target and let time do its work. More effective combat :cocksure:

I agree completely. :)

Archived