Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

That divot has been around since hills stopped being blocky messes. You might be able to introduce something into the RWG algorithm, but it would still be there in anything player made, and I doubt it was a priority for A18.

I'd say fixing it should be prioritized given the new farming system. A fortified garden becomes crowded with the boxes thus making it hard to turn a motorcycle. Bury the boxes and you have channels everywhere that make it dangerous to turn a motorcycle.

I'd say fixing it should be prioritized given the new farming system. A fortified garden becomes crowded with the boxes thus making it hard to turn a motorcycle. Bury the boxes and you have channels everywhere that make it dangerous to turn a motorcycle.

This use case is ridiculous. Don't drive in trenches, or just mod the old crap back in, or build a rooftop garden, or a greenhouse, or how about, not drive on your crops?

@Mademole

What would you say is your favorite addition/change for A18?

What was the most challenging aspect you and your team encountered during the development of A18?

I'd say all the looting is my favorite addition. Schematics, books, recipe cards, and items with random stats has turned this game into something that rivals Diablo from my perspective. 100 hours into a game and your still finding new / better stuff is amazing.

The most challenging part for me it was refining all the perks to make builds mostly viable by themselves. Coming up with rules for what can be crafted without a schematic, what with a perk, and what with a schematic, etc. Shuffling everything around to be governed/unlocked/etc was a lot of work. Books were a little challenging but mainly because its like ok, what does this archtype have, what would make him feel complete? Augmenting each archtype/activity with 7 books that are cool, building the lore etc was challenging but fun. So glad we did it, the books are a massive success. I feel like it is shippable. There might be a few books we edit but I'd say its 97% rock solid.

This use case is ridiculous. Don't drive in trenches, or just mod the old crap back in, or build a rooftop garden, or a greenhouse, or how about, not drive on your crops?

A driveway/landing strip flanked by an emergency overrun area otherwise used for crops is ridiculous? I'd say it's an efficient use of space.

I doubt I'm the only person to use this system.

ludacris sings the remix

"Move crops, get out the way

Get out the way crops, get out the way

Move crops, get out the way

Get out the way crops, get out the way"

Oh no! The crop's out

I'ma 'bout to plant these, seeds out

Get the zombies back, guard ya grill

There's somethin' wrong, theres to many to kill

I've been gardenin' and plantin' to

And I been thankin' of raidin' you

Upside ya bases drawbridge

And if your friends jump in, "Oh girl", they'll be mo' dead

Causin' confusion, disturbing the day

It's not an illusion, we running this game

Raised gardens aren't meant to be placed in the ground.

They are meant to be above ground to control drainage and to maintain soil quality.

The character knows this, so even if we force him/her to go against this rule of (green) thumb, he/she will still provide a small trench for drainage and to help reduce contaminants from neighboring soils.

The reason for burying them is that it looks a bit more like a farm and a little less like an Ikea catalogue. True raised beds are only about knee high.

The reason we don't grow crops on roofs is that it rots the roof and makes your bedroom wet. :-)

Since half blocks are in the game, perhaps those knee high planter boxes would work nicely. That, and the fact it may make a nice aesthetic having them slightly below full blocks.

Although they may need to adjust how plants sit, to stop them from floating 🙄

Last recorded update to 7D2D A18 was 5 hours ago, TFP be hard at work. I am hoping it gets released 1st week of next month but if it is delayed due to bugs, I have no problem waiting longer. I want this release to be as bug free as possible so that the release goes smoothly and attracts everyone back and hooks new players. That in my opinion is worth the wait more than releasing it hastily. =)

Another thing we have to consider is they might fix three bugs and then find another three more right after that, so... That can happen.

I was going to say that. I wonder if they would create a just for fun 'Last Bugs' thread (with actual last bugs and fix updates of course) under the title:

'7 Days to Release' 😁

Edit: Is there a latest number on the MF count? The last I saw was 27 but that was a while ago now...

Last recorded update to 7D2D A18 was 5 hours ago, TFP be hard at work. I am hoping it gets released 1st week of next month but if it is delayed due to bugs, I have no problem waiting longer. I want this release to be as bug free as possible so that the release goes smoothly and attracts everyone back and hooks new players. That in my opinion is worth the wait more than releasing it hastily. =)

Excited as well, and would give me a great excuse to stop playing (and paying for)WoW classic!

Really? You had this idea? I guess great minds think alike you troll me after you watch the perks video.

Nope I didn't lol . I watched about 2 minutes of the Horde night with the Junk turret before i sped over here to type. I'm guessing the turret already has perks and mods.

In other news how about a stick of dynamite / firework on a stick? "Boomstick" It'd be a nice early game explosive weapon that's basically a wooden spear with a Firework or other improvised explosive attached to it and you throw it javelin style into zombies and it explodes after a short duration (destroying the spear as well). Not as strong as a rocket launcher of course but a nice early game option.

Archived