Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Now THAT dude was a pinnacle of badass.

There are two types of actors I love: those that can portray every emotion so beautifully so that you feel every thing they say (works well in dramas; not soap operas, just dramas), and those with epic voices that would intimidate even the Greek and Roman gods. RIP Christopher Lee.

...both say the same thing, but one uses more tact, and offers constructive reasons *why*, which in my opinion, is the key difference.

It's the difference between me thinking about it or clicking "ignore" on the user's account.

Life is too short to waste it on negative nancys.

... and those with epic voices that would intimidate even the Greek and Roman gods.

I like this guy.

But he really shouldn't have bought that.

saw the video and it was really enjoyable and made me wish it was coming out this weekend.

I will say I'm worried about folks raging over the contact grenade hitting the edge of the bars and killing them like they almost killed MM. it's well known that even if you have the cross hairs on a zombie and through the molotov or grenade with the cross hair being close to the edge of the bar they will explode right on you. that's a reason I personally don't bother using those items.

All throw items have a size and it is bigger than your crosshair. The crosshair is not a size indicator. You have to estimate that yourself.

Now they are a bit too big in A17, so in A18 all/most of the throw explosives have been reduced from scale 3 to 2.5 and the molotov is 2.1, making them easier to throw past edges.

A driveway/landing strip flanked by an emergency overrun area otherwise used for crops is ridiculous? I'd say it's an efficient use of space.

I doubt I'm the only person to use this system.

Well that system isn't supported. Are you seriously going to dig a trench and put a row of wooden boxes filled with dirt IN the GROUND?

you can hear the direction of sound long time. at least all a17 time. maybe even a16.4 , i can not remember. it is up to your headset and/or pc.

i always can tell, where z breaking something or where wolf howls.

Yep. It is standard stereo positional audio that is attenuated by distance like most games use.

Are minor bugs you're finding leading up to A18 release still being fixed? For example, will the minor bug you noted with the workbench (collider being too big) be fixed before release. I'm looking forward to the new mods and all the fixes for bugs from A17. I hope they've all been worked out!

Yes, people without MF bugs don't get to sit around. They keep working on testing and fixing stuff. Unfortunately there will still be some old bugs in A18 that were in previous versions of the game. Why? Because new bugs are found every day and often those new bugs are deemed more important than old ones, so old low priority bugs can sit for months or years or forever.

I've never seen all bugs fixed in a large game. All big projects have to ship at some point and they will have bugs and some of those bugs are never fixed. The developers can only hope the remaining bugs are minor and don't detract from the game in a significant way.

Yes, people without MF bugs don't get to sit around. They keep working on testing and fixing stuff. Unfortunately there will still be some old bugs in A18 that were in previous versions of the game. Why? Because new bugs are found every day and often those new bugs are deemed more important than old ones, so old low priority bugs can sit for months or years or forever.

I've never seen all bugs fixed in a large game. All big projects have to ship at some point and they will have bugs and some of those bugs are never fixed. The developers can only hope the remaining bugs are minor and don't detract from the game in a significant way.

Actually, I think you are confused between Features and bug. I often see project with no none bugs, but 100s of known small feature been missing. But yes, as soon as you release something none bugs get involved again and start rising. So it is continous cycle. But I think you guys have good hold. some of those "bug" that sit for years are actually just feature that are not important.

Actually, I think you are confused between Features and bug. I often see project with no none bugs, but 100s of known small feature been missing. But yes, as soon as you release something none bugs get involved again and start rising. So it is continous cycle. But I think you guys have good hold. some of those "bug" that sit for years are actually just feature that are not important.

No. I am talking about actual bugs. Big AAA games will have 100s if not 1000s of bugs reported in the months leading up to release. I can guarantee you that some of those bugs are never fixed. Out of the 77 tasks assigned to me currently, some of those bugs are easily in the we can ship with it category.

Features are separate and they too are generally never all added to a game. A team will easily come up with dozens of features that will make their game great and they will always cut some of them by the end.

I wonder, is Trader Jen's deep voice one of the shippable, low-priority "bugs"? :D

Guest Piratenking
Rocks work quite well now. I buffed the throw distance to something much less "wienee arm".

how about molotovs?? can we throw them now without getting on fire so often? (earlier today i got on fire while at 4 block high from its point of impact)

Insects confirm for alpha18! Will there be a swarm of beetles for horde night? Will you bring back the bee? Joking all a joke. idc about bugs, because I know that in the end the game will get rid of the must fixes. Polishing is when they do beta/ gold.

Archived