Alpha 18 Party Time!

stasis78

just read this patiently

personally , adding to all the great ideas i have read so far , i want a REALLY zombie world apocalyptic atmosphere , like i hear birds and animals happy every where ? not talking about the zombies nor the wasteland , THE CITY at 0, 0 back in the days was the best example . i want to see new animations for zombies that do nothing with the attack or walk , like eating something or banging there head against a block " like zombies do " , and more bloody routes , specially in a city or near cars , like there was someone died here . more and different corpses that are every where on the roads or near pois "also specially in city" and might get worse in the 0,0 city .

regarding the sleepers maybe a reasonable amount in every poi , the pois ,needs to be completely redone like an old home cant have more than 3 zombies , the others ran away , a water works poi is very reasonable to have 100+ zombies , its a facility . thats all . happy pimps

I'd honestly love to see lockpicking or an alternative way to handling locked doors/safes. It isn't gamebreaking for me, just something my inner rogue craves. Sleeping would also be a nice addition for nights where you just need to pass time. You wouldn't even have to remove the threat of wandering hordes.

Some quality of life changes would be an XP buff for tougher zombies, especially as your gamestage increases. 700-1000 doesn't cut it when you need 3-5 points for end tier perks and attribute levels. Small sticks similar to small stones you can collect without spending stamina (simply +1 wood). The ability to wire up old lights/electronics with a generator in an existing building would be nice too.

I thoroughly enjoy the game as it is though, and I know I'm new to it and haven't experienced what a lot of the users claim it used to be. Having seen older videos though, I think a lot of the changes are for the better. The AI for everything could benefit from a boost, especially the hogs. Mine act like they never even notice me until I start shooting them with arrows.

Hello Roland, I love this game and this great community.

Could you please tell us even if it is a clue to the first news of the A18?

Hi Miguel,

The team is mostly still working on A17 issues but they have created a separate branch now for A18 work. At some point as programmers finish up what they have been tasked for A17 they will start on A18 tasks and then shortly after that a new Developer Diary for A18 will be started. I think we still have an A17.3 to look forward to so the time for starting A18 is not quite upon us. There has been some sorting of issues by the Project Manager as far as what must be fixed for a 17.x build and what can be pushed to A18 so the process of switching over is beginning but most focus is still where we are right now.

Continued balancing of character advancement and economy.

No prepared foods for sale, only canned goods.

MOAR MODS for everything.

Varied zombie special abilities.

These I can confirm but the vending change might come to a 17 patch, its done already.

hers mine:

request.1 let us connect more panels/gen/batt banks to one circut...

request.2 a electric motor

request.3 this could be a mod but.. a heating coil, for the forge/campfire/chen station

request.4 let us use item (see pic) to connect wire to like a telephone pole

request.5 give us a 1x1 solar bank

question.1 should bed rock be 0 not -57

question.2 why does the death bag have roll down a hill

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M2RKNvhapdKgBT7qXKJ4xeDA61EGSQq1/view?usp=drivesdk

me

I've already designed nearly 100 perk books. The old perk books will be deleted. The new perk books are not temporary perks, but permanent once you read them. There are collections of books, typically 5 to 8 volumes. Each volume is a unique perk but if you collect the entire set you get a special collector bonus perk that is more OP than the others.

Here are a couple sets:

Night Stalker Books

Night stalker Vol 1 Do 5% more sneak damage at night.

Night stalker Vol 2 Sneak 5% better at night.

Night stalker Vol 3 Knives do 5% more damage at night.

Night stalker Vol 4 Never encumbered at night.

Night stalker Vol 5 Bows do 5% more damage at night.

Night stalker Vol 6 Gain 5% more xp from sneak kills at night

Night Stalker Collection Perk Do an extra 50% sneak damage to sleeping victims at night.

Lucky looter Books

Lucky looter Vol 1 Find more dukes in loot

Lucky looter Vol 2 Find more ammo in loot

Lucky looter Vol 3 Find more brass in loot

Lucky looter Vol 4 Find more books in loot

Lucky looter Vol 5 Find more food in loot

Lucky looter Vol 6 Find more medical items in loot

Lucky Looter Collector Perk Find more mods in loot

I've already designed nearly 100 perk books. The old perk books will be deleted. The new perk books are not temporary perks, but permanent once you read them. There are collections of books, typically 5 to 8 volumes. Each volume is a unique perk but if you collect the entire set you get a special collector bonus perk that is more OP than the others.

This will bring back plenty more hours of looting, at least for me!

Here are a couple sets:

Night Stalker Books

Night Stalker Collection Perk Do an extra 50% sneak damage to sleeping victims at night.

Lucky looter Books

This is all kinds of awesome. Between this and more mods for items, looting should become addicting again.

This is all kinds of awesome. Between this and more mods for items, looting should become addicting again.

Yes I didn't like how book stores felt worthless for the most part. If you find a mod schematic you probably can't craft it yet, and the other perk books felt confusing or worthless, I'd always sell them if I could stare at them in my inventory long enough.

I hope to add some old novels that always give xp so the filler books are always useful to anyone.

Here are a couple sets:

Night Stalker Books

Lucky looter Books

oooooh, I like this idea.

It takes way to long for me to look for a bookstore now. This would make them important all the time.

Yes I didn't like how book stores felt worthless for the most part. If you find a mod schematic you probably can't craft it yet, and the other perk books felt confusing or worthless, I'd always sell them if I could stare at them in my inventory long enough.

I hope to add some old novels that always give xp so the filler books are always useful to anyone.

This is awesome. As someone who went back to a16 I gotta say that this is exactly the type of stuff that's going to pull me back into a17\18 eventually.

Here's hoping crafting will go back to schematics... (Weapons, tools, vehicles, paint, etc) Not knowing if you're going to find what you need\want is part of the thrill, perks ruin that because they're a guarantee with enough grinding.

Its probably to late to shift no voxels, but I'm leaning towards the non voxel camp. Maybe its just me, but I'm really not seeing what huge advantage voxels bring to justify the performance hit.

- P

.... seriously?

This game IS voxels. That what makes this 7 days to die. Taking them out would not be a change - it would mean starting over. Not starting over like they did to change engines - literally nothing would be the same.

My 18 wishlist off the top of my head would be

Better AI - improvements thus far really good but everyone knows pathing still has issues. I am not sure that pathing will ever be fixed though because the player just has so much power is what they can do to confuse

the AI.

Legendary gear

Boats

Mods, mods mods and more mods - I love the replacement to weapon parts but there just are not enough options yet

Animal Husbandry

More things to make

LOTS more POI's - the new POIs are really good but we really need a massive number (like over 100) simple POI that are very close to the old style to act as filler to explore in between the dungeon crawl style ones. Enough so that you are unlikely to memorize where everything is.

Here are a couple sets:

Night Stalker Books

Lucky looter Books

These sound amazing. Thank you!

This is awesome. As someone who went back to a16 I gotta say that this is exactly the type of stuff that's going to pull me back into a17\18 eventually.

Here's hoping crafting will go back to schematics... (Weapons, tools, vehicles, paint, etc) Not knowing if you're going to find what you need\want is part of the thrill, perks ruin that because they're a guarantee with enough grinding.

The problem with random drops is you can potentially be blocked major portions of the game. I had a game where I couldn't find a minibike book. Games where the forge ahead book was never found. It makes it frustrating and its a bad design to be blocked from content TFP put thousands of man hours into developing.

I can see some kind of hybrid where perks get you the meat and potatoes, but the gravy and desert are from books and looting, so the best of the best requires perks + books and looting.

The problem with random drops is you can potentially be blocked major portions of the game. I had a game where I couldn't find a minibike book. Games where the forge ahead book was never found. It makes it frustrating and its a bad design to be blocked from content TFP put thousands of man hours into developing.

I can see some kind of hybrid where perks get you the meat and potatoes, but the gravy and desert are from books and looting, so the best of the best requires perks + books and looting.

See, that's what my group loves about a16 becuase it makes each playthough completely unique. a17 is pretty predictable because you have that guarantee of the perk tree to unlock pretty much everything.

Forge, concrete, steel, workbench, chem set, etc make sense as perk unlocks gated via skill by doing and/or level.

Bicycle makes sense to start spawning in traders inventory at a certain level as a failsafe in case players are unlucky in their looting.

But for everything else, it's just more fun and exciting to have to loot schematics to be able to build tools, items, vehicles, armor, repair weapons, etc. Being able to build guns at all kills the thrill of finding guns, and being able to build guns from a perk even more so.

Archived