Awesome seeds for random gen ALPHA 17.0-.1

Roland

One thing missing here in many posts: World Size. This has an effect on the way the world generates in A17. So both are necessary to replicate the same world (Size and Seed).

Good point, but my guess is that in most cases we're talking the 8k world. And you're right: The 8k Yamato is way better than the 16k version, in terms of trader placement and so on.

Some like wasteland, some don't. If you don't, the seed "Farting Rainbows" size 8k, has less than 15% of all POIs in wasteland. Only one trader is in wasteland, but fair warning, I spawned 5.4 km from the starter quest trader. (Can't wait for Kinyajuu to find time to work his magic on this stuff.)

so who stole all the water? 2 hours searching seeds and not a single decent sized lake! the only small ponds i have found are in the valleys of almost vertical sided mountains.. not looking for water world but a nice view over a lake would be nice...lol

Ton's of cell towers and water plants in the same area in the main city. Looks like an industrial park.

My take on all the Cell Tower/Transmitter POI's is actually a part of TFP plot!

Navazgane was ground zero for a "Dark Science" experiment! A certain POI in the snow biome led me to this conclusion. Somewhat like the USS Philadelphia experiment, but on a much larger scale and using much more power.

Maybe. :)

Alpha 17 Stable (b240)

Seed: "24584654"

Map size: 8192

Traders:

<decoration type="model" name="settlement_trader_04" position="1032, 49, -2680" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="settlement_trader_03" position="1280, 53, -2216" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="settlement_trader_01" position="392, 52, 1619" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="settlement_trader_05" position="-2640, 41, 1031" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="settlement_trader_02" position="1808, 47, 1544" rotation="0" />

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26562[/ATTACH]

Anyone verify the coords? Anyone decipher the coordinates listed? I couldn't...

N/S elevation E/W and direction the entrance is.

Mind you, I may have the N/S E/W backwards, but the middle is elevation.

Seems there are always only 5 traders on the map, regardless of size. not so good on 16k maps.

Easy way to tell: go to the first trader from the quest, check the map for the co-ords. compare to the list.

(they are in prefabs.xml and searchable)

Anyone verify the coords? Anyone decipher the coordinates listed? I couldn't...

"settlement_trader_04" position="1032 (East) -2680 (South)"

"settlement_trader_03" position="1280 (East) -2216 (South)"

"settlement_trader_01" position="392 (East) 1619 (North)"

"settlement_trader_05" position="-2640 (West) 1031 (North)"

"settlement_trader_02" position="1808 (East) 1544 (North)“

I think i have found a world larger then Afterlife, but im not sure how to get the picture on here or the list that shows how many traders / loc of traders. Maybe someone could help me with that. the world size is 8192 and the seed name is TheSevenKingdomsOfDragons. on the b240 update

The 8192x8192 generated worlds are all the same size. The 4096x4096 ones are 1/4 the size; the 16k ones are 4x the size of the 8k maps.

The data for them is located in your 7dtd Steam folder under Data/World/(generated world name). (Not the same as the seed name.) The biomes.png file shows the biome layout, and you can find the trader locations by using any compatible editor (even text) to view the prefabs.xml file and search for instances of "trader." Folks here have explained several times, including DX72, how to convert the coords seen into E/-W x N/-S format.

I generated a new map 16x16. It took about 25 min and the map was pretty boring. No lakes, no mountains or proper terrain alteration, the roads were in a typical A17 pattern... It wasn't worth the wait.

Anyways, I'm hoping for an RWG update soon because I don't want to play in Navezgane and in any RWG map, A17 has generated for me so far.

Is it only me, but have people noticed that there kind of isnt any wilderness Poi:s in alpha 17. All structures are connected to a road/gravel path, which in turn is connected to a main road.

This means many times that, when you leave all roads, you will find nothing but wilderness. No lone cabins in the woods, or a single farmhouse in mountains...

I personally dislike the way RWG works right now.

Of course, cities and such should be connected to roads, but it feels a bit lacking having large parts of the map completely empty from any Poi:s only because there arent any roads nearby.

Here is a decent map with not too much wasteland and some tools and guns stores, which is pretty rare now in rwg:upset:.

3 traders pretty close to each other and 4th not too far. they are circle in black (5 traders total on map)

even have 2 skycrapers fot those who love'em:cocksure:

seed: Stamina is Big Bitch

size 8k

"store_hardware_lg_01" position="112, 47, 2509" rotation="2"

"store_hardware_lg_01" position="640, 46, 1512" rotation="0"

"store_hardware_lg_01" position="3029, 52, 3576" rotation="1"

"store_hardware_sm_01" position="-1064, 51, 1204" rotation="2"

"store_hardware_sm_01" position="-2856, 46, -108" rotation="2"

"store_gun_lg_01" position="3272, 53, -109" rotation="2"

"store_gun_lg_01" position="3384, 47, -152" rotation="0"

"store_gun_sm_01" position="-1280, 51, 1256" rotation="0"

"skyscraper_02" position="-3004, 52, 3272" rotation="1"

"skyscraper_02" position="432, 46, -3188" rotation="2"

https://7daystodie.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26698&d=1545908937&thumb=1&stc=1

2065140949_StaminaisBigBitch.thumb.jpg.1c4daa28a42fc2a7d03d408296d3feb0.jpg

How do you get a picture of the map that looks like that? With the traders pointed out?

Thanks for the input. :tickled_pink:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds\**Your World**\

Open the biomes.png (i use paint.NET). Then go to "Layers" and "add new layer".

Then copy the splat.png from your folder and paste it in paint.Net

Save the two layers as a JPEG. Done.

Thats the easy part. To mark the exact location of the traders on the new JPEG is much more work.

I think i have found a world larger then Afterlife, but im not sure how to get the picture on here or the list that shows how many traders / loc of traders. Maybe someone could help me with that. the world size is 8192 and the seed name is TheSevenKingdomsOfDragons. on the b240 update

Version: A17 stable (b240)

Seed: TheSevenKingdomsOfDragons

Buridi Valley

Map size: 8192

Traders: 4 (yes, only four)

"settlement_trader_02" position="-3656 West, 53, -1299 South"

"settlement_trader_01" position="-1176 West, 50, -1264 South"

"settlement_trader_03" position="-880 West, 49, -1272 South"

"settlement_trader_04" position="2192 East, 52, 1808 North"

https://imgur.com/a/pFCkIQh

Archived