Awesome seeds for random gen ALPHA 17.0-.1

Roland

I'm not here to complain, I just wanted to ask a question. TFP ARE aware of the issue with RGW and intend on fixing it eventually, correct?

Also, does anyone know how high on the priority list it is? I'm not rushing them I understand their plates are full and it's holidays, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I was REALLY hoping to see it fixed when I saw patch notes out today, but I understand something like that might require some serious work to correct.

I really don't like Navezgane anymore, I've just played it way too much. It's small and the predictable layout kills the replay value for us. We play on our own private rented server and could restart on new worlds a million times and never mind, but we DESPERATELY want our skyscrapers back!

I'm not here to complain, I just wanted to ask a question. TFP ARE aware of the issue with RGW and intend on fixing it eventually, correct?

Also, does anyone know how high on the priority list it is? I'm not rushing them I understand their plates are full and it's holidays, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I was REALLY hoping to see it fixed when I saw patch notes out today, but I understand something like that might require some serious work to correct.

I really don't like Navezgane anymore, I've just played it way too much. It's small and the predictable layout kills the replay value for us. We play on our own private rented server and could restart on new worlds a million times and never mind, but we DESPERATELY want our skyscrapers back!

Yeah don't sweat it.

Getting something we could play with for A17E was a nice thing to do but by no means is RWG a finished product.

I suspect it's going to undergo a TON of changes before they consider it done.

I see a lot of disgruntled posts regarding RWG as it is very different right now in the A17E build. This is to be expected if you consider the amount of content that has changed in the past year with the POIs and how quests work. I was reading some posts from TFP and RWG is somewhat on the back burner because of all of the other streamlining going on in integration.

If you think about it, all of the POIs and quest system integration definitely changed things that we new to be true about A16.4. Considering some of the quests send you 5K away, I would rather the maps be smaller due to the work that will eventually be done to streamline this integration. Could you imagine a 16k+ map where you have to go 8k+ to a POI?

Getting vehicles sooner on a progression (minibike book timing issue A16.4) helps but not a first 7 day character. I think most of us would agree it would be interesting how the quests tie in to POIs per Trader area or in general. This would also be a reason to keep maps small till optimization. 8k maps already take some time to generate.

my 2 cents on sky scrapers: working on optimizing and fixing old POIs to format new sleeper 2.0 system AND potentially having issues with FPS drop (remember A16.4 spawin ins) in the tower... someday... I bet it will be back because TFP and everyone else knows they are epic! could you imagine a 4+ person raid AND they are all buffing each other! can't wait on that one.

BLUF: More pertinent to this thread: from b208 to b221 are these maps still good in this post? I attempted to use the 690400 map (8k?) and I couldn't find ~4 traders together close to start. Was this supposed to be 4k? my other assumption is that b221 per then notes added 4+ POIs and so the generation has changed a little and i wonder if this changed where the traders go. So any NEW great maps with 3-4+ traders close since b221:smile-new:?

I am aware that a b208 generated map will still have them and new POIs would spawn where you haven't been yet... but I also hear that b221 requires new map start (me too). good 'ol experimental. looking forward to what is to come.

HERE is a really really good seed, and one you will have no problem remembering.

SEED = Glueless

Cities! Cities everywhere!

Crazy wedge shaped biomes.

Unique places

New life Hope Cabin

Two traders in town, 50 yards away from each other. House forges nearby.

The town at 0,0 is filled with roller coaster streets but surprisingly no collapsing buildings.

Epic scenery.

1284020422_CaptureGlueless.jpg.3572fa16026a9968191e259d1f818460.jpg

Is that a city with all 3 biomes? Middle right.

Ran a few, grabbed some screenshots.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25421[/ATTACH]

map seed "dexterra"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25422[/ATTACH]

map seed "Astora"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25423[/ATTACH]

map seed "The High Wall of Lothric"

Honestly, after seeing the Lothric one, i was too tempted to play it, so...i'll be there for a few. No desert biome at all, it seems.

Seriously though, the controls for the preview functions are completely in need of some work. <_<

Astora is a fantastic seed. The traders are nearly in the middle of the map and here's the best part. There are literally 2 traders facing each other across the street from one another. Very nice.

The Seed WnJ seems to have a few large buildings. I noticed that one POI that has the helipad on the roof. Think it's a hospital maybe?

Hospitals and Hotels are the largest buildings I have ran into so far (about 5 or 6 stories).

I wonder if the other ones were too tall and causing collapse physics issues.

Something is off because I chopped a dead tree down on top of a cave/mine POI and the whole cave leading to the entrance door collapsed.

I have a good seed: IMPEACH

Two cities close by. 565 N 1220 E. 76 S 1934 E. Trader to the south west couple hundred yards from city. I'm on day 5 and haven't been able to scout the entire area and not sure what new update will do to seed.

EDIT: There is a third city to the north. Is there a way I can look at ground level on the map viewer? Just started playing game a month ago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26415[/ATTACH]

What even is this...Does this mean there's like no roads or cities? I've done 3 different seeds and they're all similar.

You must zoom out. You see only a fraction of the map. I think its "S" to zoom out.

A17 version of the next dexterra???

Using my seed in a few exp - has nice big cities. If the screenshot grabs your attention please give feedback as I haven't explored as much as I would normally.

The only downside is that because cities are so big there aren't as many cities/towns on 8k maps, if TFP does implement 16k maps it could be very interesting especially for servers. Because they're quite a size, cities cover 4-5 biomes, this aspect lets the seed down.

Version: A17 exp b233

Seed: Wheresmystamina

Larger 8K map preview (6 traders) - https://i.imgur.com/alMA6vg.jpg

Larger 16K map preview (13 traders) - https://i.imgur.com/1Ebeuqo.jpg

alMA6vgl.jpg

A17 version of the next dexterra???

The only downside is that because cities are so big there aren't as many cities/towns on 8k maps, if TFP does implement 16k maps it could be very interesting especially for servers. Because they're quite a size, cities cover 4-5 biomes, this aspect lets the seed down.

16k maps are back in as well. Still takes about 30min to generate one though.

Archived