Awesome seeds for random gen ALPHA 17.0-.1

Roland

so who stole all the water? 2 hours searching seeds and not a single decent sized lake! the only small ponds i have found are in the valleys of almost vertical sided mountains.. not looking for water world but a nice view over a lake would be nice...lol

Change this line in rwgmixer.xml

<terrain_generator name="vanilla" base_height="32" water_level="38">

change the water_level to something in the mid 40's and try generating a map.

0626 is good. Ton of prefabs. Downside is NE is the best spot but there are ZERO traders in eastern side of the map. Upside there are 4 traders close to each other close to the SW city.

Wow really great thx. I spoted at least 3 different Skyscrapers and alot of great buildings with few levels!!!!!!

It is GREAT!

Why are there deserts next to Snow Biomes?

Shouldn't there be a mini-biome buffer in between or something?

That was the reason why we had the crappy random gen before. They put this one back in temporarily because it was getting old seeing the same type of map... but with it comes this problem.

why not? i might give it a try. if i do change this willit affect maps i have already generated and started playing?

Just new worlds you generate. If you want to delete the saves and world from the user and game folders, you can regenerate the same seed at different water levels until you get something you like. Just exit out of the game, edit the file/save, delete the world and any saves you created and then go back in between each world regen.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are there deserts next to Snow Biomes?

Shouldn't there be a mini-biome buffer in between or something?

You can play with the biome ranges in the RWG xml file mentioned for water level changes. I have got a pattern now that usually has them separated, although sometimes with some seeds it cannot be avoided without totally removing all desert or snow biomes. In those cases I find a different seed.

<module name="biomeOutput" type="BiomeIDMapper">

<property name="sourceModule" value="clampOutput"/>

<property name="biomemap0.Name" value="pine_forest"/>

<property name="biomemap0.Range" value="0.075,0.75"/>

<property name="biomemap1.Name" value="snow"/>

<property name="biomemap1.Range" value="0,0.075"/>

<property name="biomemap2.Name" value="wasteland"/>

<property name="biomemap2.Range" value="0.925,1.1"/>

<property name="biomemap3.Name" value="burnt_forest"/>

<property name="biomemap3.Range" value="0.75,0.85"/>

<property name="biomemap4.Name" value="desert"/>

<property name="biomemap4.Range" value="0.85,0.925"/>

</module>

I am using Blue Fang servers and apparently you can not just edit the game name and seed name or world size on the .xml file. You have to use a Command line editor in their dashboard. Also the world is pre set to a size of 6144 which seems a bit odd. I tried change the game name several times in the editor and it just keeps giving me the same map over and over on North Cisme mountains. editing the game was much esaier on Gameservers dot com but however they lacked customer service. Anyone familiar with how to get new maps on Blue Fang?

I think the lines you want to mess with are:

<property name="GameWorld" value="Navezgane"/>

<property name="WorldGenSeed" value="asdf"/>

<property name="WorldGenSize" value="4096"/>

But, I'm not sure what to set GameWorld to the first time. I believe that gets edited when the world gets generated but someone that knows more about it needs to let you know how to set it at first.

I think the lines you want to mess with are:

But, I'm not sure what to set GameWorld to the first time. I believe that gets edited when the world gets generated but someone that knows more about it needs to let you know how to set it at first.

Yeah That is how I normally edit the files when I was with another server hosting company. However with Bluefang their command prompt editor over rides that. They have a weird service. I tried making the edits to the proper commands on the line editor but I seem to still always get the same map.

Yeah That is how I normally edit the files when I was with another server hosting company. However with Bluefang their command prompt editor over rides that. They have a weird service. I tried making the edits to the proper commands on the line editor but I seem to still always get the same map.

If GameWorld already exists it ignores the other two I think. So if you want it to create a world from scratch make sure that field doesn't match a World you already have. You can delete worlds from Data/Worlds.

Or the hoster is trash. They usually have a way to autoedit the serverkonfig XML to gate the available playerslots (what make sense iff you pay only for 10 slots it would be wrong to be able to raise that value)

Maybe they really set the max to 6k maps, if so, get a new hoster.

Maybe ask in a support ticket if 8k maps are possible

I am using Blue Fang servers and apparently you can not just edit the game name and seed name or world size on the .xml file. You have to use a Command line editor in their dashboard. Also the world is pre set to a size of 6144 which seems a bit odd. I tried change the game name several times in the editor and it just keeps giving me the same map over and over on North Cisme mountains. editing the game was much esaier on Gameservers dot com but however they lacked customer service. Anyone familiar with how to get new maps on Blue Fang?

You can´t edit the xml files, because A17 is still labled as experimental at Bluefang. Someone there didn´t got the memo that A17 went stable.

HERE is a really really good seed, and one you will have no problem remembering.

SEED = Glueless

Cities! Cities everywhere!

Crazy wedge shaped biomes.

Unique places

New life Hope Cabin

Two traders in town, 50 yards away from each other. House forges nearby.

The town at 0,0 is filled with roller coaster streets but surprisingly no collapsing buildings.

Epic scenery.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26375[/ATTACH]

Is that a city with all 3 biomes? Middle right.

Guys....I don't think we can share seeds like we used to. I just spent far too much time generating this seed, Glueless and it doesn't look anything similar

wtf.jpg.44f07cb370e40b099e2214c18e7a069d.jpg

Seed 90991992: huge cities in nice biomes, good mix of prefabs, 10 skyscrapers (although most are 04 but you can change that in prefabs.xml).

<decoration type="model" name="settlement_trader_03" position="528, 39, -3713" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="settlement_trader_05" position="568, 41, -1184" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="settlement_trader_02" position="816, 47, -1560" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="settlement_trader_01" position="1080, 50, -781" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="settlement_trader_04" position="-1776, 47, 1720" rotation="0" />

90991992.thumb.jpg.b7f02645a8681f8fe48ce66dd485c3f6.jpg

Guys....I don't think we can share seeds like we used to. I just spent far too much time generating this seed, Glueless and it doesn't look anything similar

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26827[/ATTACH]

It looks like your quoted one was generated during experimental before 238 or so when the biomes were generated like Nav and were large snow/forest/desert. your map was generated with stable 240 where they put back the crazy jigsaw random biomes that make little sense.

My understanding is that anything generated with the same build (ie. 240) will have the same biomes and street/city layouts, but there could be still some differences in the buildings actually placed...i may be wrong.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26827[/ATTACH]

First it looks like this was from the first stages of A17 before they changed the randomness of bioams. Not that it would matter in this case but you would also need to make sure you have the right map size to match it.

Edit: sorry I thought i was on the last page and didn't see the post above my bad.

So, I have a map that I like that I made a week or so ago. I would like to redo it with some tweaks to the biome percentages. But I have forgotten the seed. It generates the name GIYUSA MOUNTAINS. I have looked through everything I can think of but cannot find or remember the seed. Is there any way to recover the seed so that I can generate a new map?

I changed mine by changing the command line... At the end you should have something like this

-WorldGenSize=6144 "-WorldGenSeed=314156"

Stop your server, Delete your world under /save (FTP)

edit your command line

Restart your server

Wait a few minutes

Done,

If you get stuck, there a pre done command line in the Drop Down menu under ''Templates''

It appears the world setting are not used from the severconfig.xml file...

Correct me if i am wrong, very new to this...

So my save is borked cause pc crashed during game. I found a way to transfer my stuff over a new game. How can i find the name of the seed i used? I only know that my previous seed generated the EAST SOARO COUNTY map. Thanks!

Archived