Telltale Update

The Fun Pimp

" I mean do we really need one of TFP themselves to come in here and say sorry no new news? "

IMHO, Yes it would be nice to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. It would give me a warm fuzzy about them caring about the console users. This is very similar to when we were supposed to get that update from last year. Lots of communication from TTG, then the communication slowed and stopped. Then we got the bad news. I just see this cycle repeating. The info we do get seems to be from everyone but those that actually know.

Do you really think it would be that big of a deal to actually hear from TFP? I mean they won't even post things like the t-shirts for sale or Twitter contest in the console forums. So yes, it would actually be nice to hear from them even if they saw "we have no new news". Heck even if they said we never intended to do a console game so sorry we are not moving forward with anything on the console. While that would suck, I would respect their honesty.

This guessing game is getting old, and I don't think asking for honesty is asking too much.

I just recently stopped playing every day. Still love 7d2d, but I'm just exhausted with not knowing it's future. My friends that play, all speculate outlandish things, and I try not to get upset. I can't blame them tbh. We don't know anything, and all they can do is speculate. I won't give up on 7 days, and I hope 7d2d doesn't give up on us console players...

Meganoth. Humorously, I did infact only just read that previous comment of yours, which did infact provide more insight. So thank you for that, but still not appreciating your unhelpful response to me from when I first piped up, not that it matters anymore.. lets hope something happens about this shameful series of events in the near future, I read somewhere else 'rights' of some kind were passed over to TFP on the 14th of april. Thats all that was said so no idea what 'rights' exactly, if credible at all.

Meganoth. Humorously, I did infact only just read that previous comment of yours, which did infact provide more insight. So thank you for that, but still not appreciating your unhelpful response to me from when I first piped up, not that it matters anymore.. lets hope something happens about this shameful series of events in the near future, I read somewhere else 'rights' of some kind were passed over to TFP on the 14th of april. Thats all that was said so no idea what 'rights' exactly, if credible at all.

I'm sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way. As an apology here is what I know and suspect: The date in April is just a deadline for sending bids to the auction where telltales property is sold. Among that property is something TFP needs to continue with the console version.

Nobody said in detail what that is, but my guess is that the code iron galaxy (the company that did the console adaption) produced is the important bit that TFP needs. Because then they can just continue with an advanced version instead of starting from scratch again. TFP is probably also interested in getting the rights to the current console version, but that is just a cherry on top and also included in the bundle they get to bid on.

What that April date means is that it is the earliest time anything can happen at all. Now it is in the hands of a court of law to look through all the bids and select the winners (of all the stuff Telltale owned). I don't have any idea how long that will take. Anything from a few days to months is possible. After that there is likely some more delay until TFP has found a developer willing to continue the work (probably they hope to get Iron Galaxy to do it).

So no rights were passed yet. Just a deadline is finally behind us.

I'm sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way. As an apology here is what I know and suspect: The date in April is just a deadline for sending bids to the auction where telltales property is sold. Among that property is something TFP needs to continue with the console version.

Nobody said in detail what that is, but my guess is that the code iron galaxy (the company that did the console adaption) produced is the important bit that TFP needs. Because then they can just continue with an advanced version instead of starting from scratch again. TFP is probably also interested in getting the rights to the current console version, but that is just a cherry on top and also included in the bundle they get to bid on.

What that April date means is that it is the earliest time anything can happen at all. Now it is in the hands of a court of law to look through all the bids and select the winners (of all the stuff Telltale owned). I don't have any idea how long that will take. Anything from a few days to months is possible. After that there is likely some more delay until TFP has found a developer willing to continue the work (probably they hope to get Iron Galaxy to do it).

So no rights were passed yet. Just a deadline is finally behind us.

Apology certainly accepted, and that for a response may just get me kicking about in random gen once more as it now feels we're just that much closer to hearing something from TFP themselves beit bad or good news! I sincerely hope the latter and I look forward to hearing what exactly was included within the bundle. - If that is at all possible!

I suspect that your thoughts regarding what TFP needs to continue with the console version is exactly correct, IG's code is the only thing that really makes sense in respect to what they'd need but on the same breath who knows exactly what it might be lol. It would be nice to see TFP and IG continue to work with eachother after all this drama especially leaning on a more reliable publisher!

Maybe this is a turning point for us all, we have waited patiently this far, another however many months is nothing haha!

Again many thanks and keep well!

I’m certainly glad this thread or rather the folks in it are taking a turn for the better and not getting at each other throats about the game. Makes sense that after some times those that were fed up and vented have either cooled off or just gave up completely. The game on console is known to have a lot of trolls (try joining a random creative mode game to build and people just attempt to sabatoge your builds).

I feel hopeful that we will hear something by the end of May or early June. In all likelyhood it will definitely come before 2020. The update will be all the more sweeter once it arrives. I’m not giving up until I hear it from TFP’s mouths directly.

Happy gaming guys!

Thank you Roland and Sylen for doing your best to keep us in the loop.

Even a "sorry no new news" is helpful every week or two. This seems to be the best place to find any current information at the moment.

Googled again this morning and haven't seen anything yet on the auction. As someone else pointed out, I'm a bit surprised that there isn't even a list TTG assets up for bid to be found. This leads me to believe that there hasn't been an auction yet and probably will not be one for quite some time. I assume this will be a public auction. So there would be a lot more information out there if we were anywhere at all close.

Since technically all of the TTG games are still up for sale it makes me wonder if there is some intentional delay. The longer it takes for the auction, the more they continue to pull in at least some revenue on sales. With no overhead and practically zero operating cost right now that has to be going a long way toward balancing someone's checkbook.

7D2D console was one of the very few profitable games for TTG. I imagine someone out there is very reluctant to relinquish those rights at least not with any urgency. Even if at this point the sales are minimal.

Googled again this morning and haven't seen anything yet on the auction. As someone else pointed out, I'm a bit surprised that there isn't even a list TTG assets up for bid to be found. This leads me to believe that there hasn't been an auction yet and probably will not be one for quite some time. I assume this will be a public auction. So there would be a lot more information out there if we were anywhere at all close.

Yes, surprising, but courts of law seem not to have reached the age of the internet yet. I'm sure journalists can get this information but they have all concentrated on the "big" assets of Telltale.

The information that the auction was happening and a deadline in April was posted some time ago, at that time the assets up for bid must have been posted on the usual channels already. Their absence in the news can only be reasonably explained by it being not newsworthy in detail.

That the deadline is over is definitely not newsworthy, but I'm sure we will get news from gaming sites all over the world as soon as the auction is over.

Thinking about it, did Telltale own anything valuable at all? Practically all their games were based on licences which might all have fallen back to the original owner (assuming a no-sale clause in the licencing contracts for the licence rights). So Telltale can only sell the already finished games (assuming there is no special clause even for that), a rather meager possession.

Since technically all of the TTG games are still up for sale it makes me wonder if there is some intentional delay.

For one thing TTG still exists as a company even if its management was largely replaced by a law firm and the only purpose of the company is to sell its assets. So even IF clauses exist that forbid the selling of finished TTG games by other companies they might not be applicable yet.

Thinking about it, did Telltale own anything valuable at all? Practically all their games were based on licences which might all have fallen back to the original owner (assuming a no-sale clause in the licencing contracts for the licence rights). So Telltale can only sell the already finished games (assuming there is no special clause even for that), a rather meager possession.

They actually have a fair number of games that they developed themselves in-house. IMHO though, most of them are crap. They're the "find the hidden objects" type of games for the most part.

Is there any news for console players? Because the last update we got was in November of 2018

The pimps lost control of their own game; I'm pretty sure that they are not happy about it. But they literally have no access to their own title on consoles after Telltale pulled the flanker that they did.

Not the Pimps fault and an unfortunate situation: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?93089-Telltale-Update

The pimps lost control of their own game; I'm pretty sure that they are not happy about it. But they literally have no access to their own title on consoles after Telltale pulled the flanker that they did.

Not the Pimps fault and an unfortunate situation: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?93089-Telltale-Update

Yeah I know but we have not gotten a update to see if they are getting any closer to get it back

The information will come at the soonest moment it possibly can. Nothing is going to be announced until the future is 100% certain. They won't say "it's looking good" if there is a chance that it will end up not happening and they won't say "it's over" as long as there is a chance it could still happen.

The last statement that they want to regain the rights and continue with updates if they possibly can still holds and until they can be certain of an outcome that is all that we are going to get. They don't need reminders because they haven't forgotten.

Best is to assume that it is over and the console version is in the best state it will ever reach so that if the news turns out differently it is a happy surprise.

The information will come at the soonest moment it possibly can. Nothing is going to be announced until the future is 100% certain. They won't say "it's looking good" if there is a chance that it will end up not happening and they won't say "it's over" as long as there is a chance it could still happen.

The last statement that they want to regain the rights and continue with updates if they possibly can still holds and until they can be certain of an outcome that is all that we are going to get. They don't need reminders because they haven't forgotten.

Best is to assume that it is over and the console version is in the best state it will ever reach so that if the news turns out differently it is a happy surprise.

In other words assume we are screwed with the horribly out of date version of this game like we have been doing since last year lol. TFP are gonna have to make some pretty big announcements for consol players to care at all at this point

In other words assume we are screwed with the horribly out of date version of this game like we have been doing since last year lol. TFP are gonna have to make some pretty big announcements for consol players to care at all at this point

Ironically, if you and enough others keep beating that particular drum in your anger you might end up convincing them there is no profit to spending the kind of money it would take to continue the updates even if they obtain the rights. Better tread carefully. They need to believe that there are a lot of console players who care and would encourage friends and family to pick up copies of the game rather than being assured that at this point the market is dead.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot...

Ironically, if you and enough others keep beating that particular drum in your anger you might end up convincing them there is no profit to spending the kind of money it would take to continue the updates even if they obtain the rights. Better tread carefully. They need to believe that there are a lot of console players who care and would encourage friends and family to pick up copies of the game rather than being assured that at this point the market is dead.

Amen. Well said Roland. Everyone is just frustrated and some can handle it better than others. Even i slipped a bit a couple pages back. Im just being patient AF from here on out and holding out hope. I have WWZ and in 2 days Days Gone is out so my time will be invested there until we hear something. I still go back to 7dtd and try to mix it up. Worst case scenario I just hope for some more bug fixes but it will still always have replay value here

I think the fact that people still post and check this thread all the time after a year since the last update, shows dedication to the game and that the people just want more. But then again, what do i know #theconsumer. Still love the game.

Archived