Telltale Update

The Fun Pimp

Assume TFP told everyone they won the auction. And 2 months later they couldn't work out an agreement with IG. If TFP thinks that would produce a ♥♥♥♥storm, then TFP has a reason to keep silent and only post news if they can report something positive. If not, then I don't see a reason either.

The assumption game, I like this game. Ok, so they come out and say they have bought the rights. Pretty simple to let us know that to start with, of course if they are smart they don’t make any grand promises but at least acknowledge what has happened. 2 months later they cant work it out with IG... Ok.. Then sorry guys guess it didn’t work out, then yes people will cry and complain, but I am pretty sure TFP will survive whatever temper tantrum that will follow for the few days afterwords. Guess what? We can all then move on since we actually know what happened. Rather then continuing for some hope beyond hope that update for console which was so close to being finished and has really cool features according to what has already been posted is going to happen. Do I think it is going to happen?? Nope. But I am still here because TFP haven’t said its over.

I know the definition of honesty now means something different then years ago, but I am old school and respect honesty. Why can they not be honest with us and say hey, we did or didn’t get the auction rights to the console code? With the idea that if they did they either say we are done with it or we are going to look into the unity 2018 or 2019 game engine update or whatever they can add to the current console game after the engine update. Either TFP mean what they said at the start of this now totally out of control thread or they are playing nice because of the crap storm that will appear on the forums, that for all I know they don’t even look at any more. Sorry console side not PC side as I do believe that is what they know, and might have been their only goal from day 1. Which for the record I do own a PC copy too.

I can respect a for profit business saying we cant do this for you customer because we wont make any money doing it. And yes people that are unhappy will cry about it, but the truth is the truth even if you dont like it. Or for that matter should the plan be to wait until PC goes gold and re-release 7D2D as a new game, then let me know so I can pre-order the game now. Heck put it on kickstart and say if we hit the goal we do it, if not we dont. There is lots of stuff TFP could be saying to us. Good, bad, or indifferent there is a plan or there is no plan. I don’t see why that is such an unrealistic request as a customer to a business.

The assumption game, I like this game. Ok, so they come out and say they have bought the rights. Pretty simple to let us know that to start with, of course if they are smart they don’t make any grand promises but at least acknowledge what has happened. 2 months later they cant work it out with IG... Ok.. Then sorry guys guess it didn’t work out, then yes people will cry and complain, but I am pretty sure TFP will survive whatever temper tantrum that will follow for the few days afterwords. Guess what? We can all then move on since we actually know what happened. Rather then continuing for some hope beyond hope that update for console which was so close to being finished and has really cool features according to what has already been posted is going to happen. .

That "moving on" part (after the IG talks fail) can happen whether they talk or keep silence now (and would be at exactly the same date in both scenarios)

i.e. IF we assume that TPF will tell us if the talks with IG (and possibly other developers doing porting work) don't pan out, then in both scenarios that is the moment where everyone can move on. The auction was a very important step along that way, but neither winning nor losing the auction has any finality to it. Yes, not even losing the auction would be the end as the new owner would likely have an interest in making a deal with TFP.

Hey, I'm not saying I like what TFP is doing. I also didn't like that they stopped talking about planned features on the PC side when A17 development started. I did understand their reasons, but I would have handled it differently (hopefully, who really can say of himself what he would have done in their shoes?). I would have dropped so much information and ideas into the forum that people wouldn't even dare to ask for more information :cocksure: In a way Wube (the Factorio developers) does this and it works very well.

That "moving on" part (after the IG talks fail) can happen whether they talk or keep silence now (and would be at exactly the same date in both scenarios)

i.e. IF we assume that TPF will tell us if the talks with IG (and possibly other developers doing porting work) don't pan out, then in both scenarios that is the moment where everyone can move on. The auction was a very important step along that way, but neither winning nor losing the auction has any finality to it. Yes, not even losing the auction would be the end as the new owner would likely have an interest in making a deal with TFP.

Hey, I'm not saying I like what TFP is doing. I also didn't like that they stopped talking about planned features on the PC side when A17 development started. I did understand their reasons, but I would have handled it differently (hopefully, who really can say of himself what he would have done in their shoes?). I would have dropped so much information and ideas into the forum that people wouldn't even dare to ask for more information :cocksure: In a way Wube (the Factorio developers) does this and it works very well.

Yeah, but we live in a world there the playerbase will go up in arms just because some puddles were removed to provide more stable performance. It really is stupid.

Yeah, but we live in a world there the playerbase will go up in arms just because some puddles were removed to provide more stable performance. It really is stupid.

I dont know about PC players but consol players are already up in arms. It's been over a year since we were promised an update and months since we heard anything official on this thread. I don't know if anything else can be done to disappoint us

I dont know about PC players but consol players are already up in arms. It's been over a year since we were promised an update and months since we heard anything official on this thread. I don't know if anything else can be done to disappoint us

Promised by Telltale, right? Sorry, that doesn't really count if you want to burn TFP at the stakes.

Promised by Telltale, right? Sorry, that doesn't really count if you want to burn TFP at the stakes.

true on the other hand TFP still shares the blame in all of this. There lack of clarity and openness since day 1 has left people with a bad taste in their mouth. I would prefer in all honesty if TFP did not get the rights back and instead it was bought by someone who actually understands how the consol work

I agree the moving on part could happen right now. Of course it was TFP who said they would try to support all version including console in this very thread. They also clearly said they were working to get the rights back too. So since they said they were attempting to do something why not keep us up to date vs all this silence? If they said we didn’t get the rights back, then I understand the writing on the wall. If they did get the rights back, what’s the plan? Or were they the dog chasing the car and have no idea what to do now that they caught the car.

I understand your point of view, but to me it just seems like they have info and like you say are just scared to tell us, because someone might write something mean and hateful on the forums?? Sounds weak to me. The lack of information is a knee jerk response to we promised too much the first time so now lets not promise anything. It is one extreme to another. You cannot tell me they couldn’t post something tomorrow about the auction and the rights to the console code. I mean a post from TFP saying I am full of crap would be good too.

If you find my posts when TTG was still talking about the update, I made mention when the other side stops talking to you then things are not going to go your way. TFP will make a post about what is going on with TTG then after something actually happens silence.

I agree with you that I would have dropped so much info people wouldn’t ask any more. OR for that matter, I would post EVERYDAY that sorry guys we don’t have any updates, or at least once a month. I cant help it that some people cannot control they unhappiness but there are lots of us here that are adults and can handle whatever the decision that TFP are going to make regarding console.

I cannot imagine that TFP dont have a plan in place. Maybe now might be a good time to let us know where things stand. Even if that plan is not going to work, tell us sorry guys no update. Then if some rainbow shines down, you can make a new post saying hey we were wrong and the update is done and then they don’t have to worry about people crying. Well, I take that back, someone will cry about something.

I understand your point of view, but to me it just seems like they have info and like you say are just scared to tell us, because someone might write something mean and hateful on the forums?? Sounds weak to me.

In more detail: A few people posting hateful stuff on the forum doesn't count and I wouldn't call this a ♥♥♥♥storm. A few hundred people posting hateful stuff on twitter, here in the forum and in steam discussions is bad news. 5 or 50 youtube streamers inciting their followers in their streams is really bad news. Review bombing on steam is really bad news. Even EA and Ubisoft fear ♥♥♥♥storms.

I just put this game on the back burner and say F it. I play it every now and again but not like i used to. Just another tragic F up of a good game that was handled poorly and had any future greatness stripped away like F13. I still go play that mess about once a month too. Im just disappointed with the lack of honesty. They definitely know something by now and lack of communication still just means bad news. I have other games im moving on to until they get bent like this one and F13. Im done here. Later everyone. GL but im outta hope on this.

In more detail: A few people posting hateful stuff on the forum doesn't count and I wouldn't call this a ♥♥♥♥storm. A few hundred people posting hateful stuff on twitter, here in the forum and in steam discussions is bad news. 5 or 50 youtube streamers inciting their followers in their streams is really bad news. Review bombing on steam is really bad news. Even EA and Ubisoft fear ♥♥♥♥storms.

Well i dont know about you but i dont see anyone making positive youtube videos especially not for consol players. The reviews for this game are not so great either and sometimes don't even make sense. For example look at reviews at gamestop and people give it 5 stars then say it needs work, graphics are bad etc. This thread more or less is current players venting about a game massively out of date whose promised updates may never happen. I can't speak for twitter because i dont use it but the consol side of 7 days to die hasnt been touched since last year. At best this is a game with a dying interest from everyone at worst its a ****storm but due to lack of interest it's not getting notice

Im just disappointed with the lack of honesty.

What's this about?

TFP said that the publisher of the console game went out of business and that was no lie.

TFP said that they wouldn't be able to talk about the future of the console game until that future was certain one way or another and true to their word they have remained silent by which you can probably figure out that the future is still uncertain.

TFP said that as a company they would always remain focused on the PC version having handed off the console version to Telltale's pick of studio, Iron Galaxy. And good as their word they HAVE remained focused on PC development just as they said they would, delivering Alpha 17 and hopefully soon Alpha 18 within the next couple of months.

What's this about?

TFP said that the publisher of the console game went out of business and that was no lie.

TFP said that they wouldn't be able to talk about the future of the console game until that future was certain one way or another and true to their word they have remained silent by which you can probably figure out that the future is still uncertain.

TFP said that as a company they would always remain focused on the PC version having handed off the console version to Telltale's pick of studio, Iron Galaxy. And good as their word they HAVE remained focused on PC development just as they said they would, delivering Alpha 17 and hopefully soon Alpha 18 within the next couple of months.

Then why even bother telling consol players they are on their side and will do all they can? Far as anyone can tell all they did was make a meaningless post and wander off. TFP has always been involved in the consol port yet very rarely if ever let consol players know what was going on. Here we are now in 2019 waiting still for some update, some idea if we will ever seen the new unity engine etc and TFP are nowhere to be found. If they want to be on our side then they need to actually do something useful and give us some details. Until then ya people are going to feel lied to, they are going to feel let down and they are going to feel they wasted money on this game. I mean it's still selling for $20-$30 and people have no idea that anything they see now won't even be in the PC version of the game

It's best to move on I think. Roland while you might think you have taken some sorta logical high ground I beg to differ. Folks have been patiently waiting for an answer and some may be even still excited. And let's not forget some have lost morale. Tfp should give some sort of update even if it's nothing instead of tfp never said this or that and is true to it's word... a lot of these folks here while may not have the precious PC version are still fans of the game and for 1 little thing to ask, a small statement of sorry folks it's not gonna happen, or we have no update or update may be coming when ps5 is here, but no. Let the console die hard fans die!!!

Like you, we are incredibly frustrated by what has happened. We are pursuing all options to regain our rights, including legal remedies. Despite the damage that Telltale’s actions have inflicted upon our company and upon our console community, we wanted to let you know that The Fun Pimps are supremely committed to our fans and will continue to support 7 Days to Die game on the PC, as well as continuing efforts to aid console players in the future.

The Fun Pimps will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

For those who desire an update unfortunately the quoted part above is still the status. When it DOES change you will read it here first.

Nobody wants to see 7 Days to Die succeed on the consoles more than the original creators of the game. They are on the side of doing whatever they possibly can to make that happen and once it becomes clear and certain that they either can make that happen or cannot make that happen they will release the information.

Nobody outside of the TFP executive officers know for certain what is happening and TFP can't publicly talk about it at this time. Because much of the speculation is starting to run along the lines of doom, accusations of dishonesty, robbery, hate, and without any evidence other than simple fears and worries, I think it is best to close this thread to discussion.

When Rick Huenink deems it appropriate to give definite details about the future he will post here either in this thread or a new thread and until that time no begging or petition or threat or accusation is going to pressure him to do so.

We fully understand that updates are the life’s blood to keeping a vibrant community going for a game like this. It is not lost on us the harm that going so long without a new update is having. For those who are still patiently waiting for news, Thank You.

Discussion Thread

• 4 weeks later...

In a recent live stream event that was mostly about A18, the developers held a Q&A session with viewers. Some of those viewers asked about the status of the consolve version. The developers at that time made a statement that there is still nothing new to announce regarding the console version of 7 Days to Die.

Archived