Telltale Update

The Fun Pimp

Actually, I did watch that video. Unfortunately, it gave absolutely no information that isn't already here on the forums. Not surprising that it was considered click-bait. A link that is offered, yet holds no relevant information is useless at best. The whole comment on that video, claiming "I can't give any info about 7D2D, and would get in trouble if I did.", Does nothing for anyone looking for news. It was nothing more than a useless link to a video, in an attempt to gain extra views, and maybe a few extra subscribers.

I will never again buy a game from "The Fun Pimps". Also, I do not need the PSN membership anymore because the game is dead for console players. I can understand Playstation Network if they ban such games from your marketplace. Meanwhile, I've learned to hate the game through its constant crashes.

nbsbeaker do not try and ruin any chance for the other gamers with working copies of the game that actually still enjoy it to have a chance for updates, and honestly if 7dtd was the only reason you maintained a ps plus account you have missed out of a veritable mountain of games of excellent quality from other companies. Rather shocking short view I must say.

Thanks for the info @Freestyle604.

I got a reply from, Nate McOmber at Sherwood Partners, to my enquiry regarding the console rights.

They are still not able to disclose the buyer but did confirm the sale of the rights.

So someone in the gaming business believes the console port is worth something. Let hope it is someone how actually wants to do something with it, and that they can work out something with people who can actually do the console coding work.

Thanks for the info @Freestyle604.

I got a reply from, Nate McOmber at Sherwood Partners, to my enquiry regarding the console rights.

They are still not able to disclose the buyer but did confirm the sale of the rights.

So someone in the gaming business believes the console port is worth something. Let hope it is someone how actually wants to do something with it, and that they can work out something with people who can actually do the console coding work.

Thank you for confirming my post. It is hard to prove phone calls or emails, but if you are persistent you can get “public” answers. I agree someone thinks there is value. I just don’t see where a for profit business would spend money for game code on a console that seems to have pretty limited upside with “new revenue”.

Once again really hope to be wrong, but back to the closet. Maybe if we let this thread go quiet for a few days the new owner might actually post, or even TFP. As if the new owner of this code wants to do any kind of update, they will need TFP to allow them. I know someone is going to cry about something, but once again some of us are actually adults. :)

Interesting video from Jade PG.

The video is Jade PG talking about info collected on TTG, TFP, IG and 7D2D for console, and his thoughts on where 7D2D console and any updates.

Sometimes the lack of info is info itself.

So thinking out loud with NO INFO to backup my thinking....

What if, TFP did buy the rights from the TTG auction, and with the PC version going gold in 2019. TFP go with IG to release 7D2D as a new game. The new game because it will take it to the same version as the PC version. TFP should have a rough idea of how many console versions were sold. Figure you will lose some who didn’t like the game to begin with, and bitter people. The group who really like the game but wanted an update would likely be the ones who pony up, with the new game and as much content as the console hardware can handle as it would likely feel like a new game anyways.

Of course there are lots of variables I don’t know so maybe it isn’t even possible. But when you know there is a chance, it is really nice to hear from the people we are all waiting to hear from. Even if it isn’t 100%.

Once again just me thinking out loud.

I see that the Fun Pimp profile is active and posting on the PC forums. So the other day I sent them a polite message asking if there was any console information. No reply yet but it has only been a couple of days.

I wonder if a number of us politely private messaged the account and asked for an update, they might actually give us some information.

Even if it is a "sorry we cant talk about it" it would be a something.

I see that the Fun Pimp profile is active and posting on the PC forums. So the other day I sent them a polite message asking if there was any console information. No reply yet but it has only been a couple of days.

I wonder if a number of us politely private messaged the account and asked for an update, they might actually give us some information.

Even if it is a "sorry we cant talk about it" it would be a something.

they gave us an update two weeks ago. nothing but they will tell as a soon as there is any news.

they're not gonna slip you some inside scoop because you get a bunch of people to PM them.

there's no news until there's news and they'll tell us when there is.

So thinking out loud with NO INFO to backup my thinking....

What if, TFP did buy the rights from the TTG auction, and with the PC version going gold in 2019. TFP go with IG to release 7D2D as a new game. The new game because it will take it to the same version as the PC version. TFP should have a rough idea of how many console versions were sold. Figure you will lose some who didn’t like the game to begin with, and bitter people. The group who really like the game but wanted an update would likely be the ones who pony up, with the new game and as much content as the console hardware can handle as it would likely feel like a new game anyways.

Of course there are lots of variables I don’t know so maybe it isn’t even possible. But when you know there is a chance, it is really nice to hear from the people we are all waiting to hear from. Even if it isn’t 100%.

Once again just me thinking out loud.

It's certainly possible. Hell, if they could move to Unity 2018 on the console instead of the 2017 upgrade they were doing it would be amazing. Then they could get the same optimizations from the PC over to the console.

Just for reference, these optimization are bringing the min RAM for a17 down from 8GB RAM to a mere 2.5GB RAM. If that could be done for the console, it's entirely possible that the console could be almost 100% on-par with the current PC version.

they gave us an update two weeks ago. nothing but they will tell as a soon as there is any news.

they're not gonna slip you some inside scoop because you get a bunch of people to PM them.

there's no news until there's news and they'll tell us when there is.

Pretty much this ^^^^

They been in the PC section from day one and post all the time nothing has changed on that. It has been explained time after time after time why that is. You don't have to like or agree to those reasons but it isn't goin to change anything.

As far as current consoles they will never be completely up to date with the PC version even when the PC goes gold the current consoles just can't handle everything the PC has. So I can grant you that you will be disappointed if you expecting console to be like PC. Maybe the next gen console can if they keep at it with updates and stuff that long when next gen consoles come out.

As far as current consoles they will never be completely up to date with the PC version even when the PC goes gold the current consoles just can't handle everything the PC has.

I'm actually good with that. Any update at all at this point would be good, if focused on crash fixes and stability issues. If/when the new owners do update features, I'd rather not go with the full A17 experience anyway. I like my zombie loot. 😂 Adding in the dungeon style POIs would be cool, but not necessary. Hell, I'd be happy with any *new* zombies or POIs.

I'd also like to add my opinion on the new buyer situation. Honestly, I believe that the worst scenario is if TFP were the ones that bought the rights. They've already been burned pretty hard on the console once, I doubt they'd want to try to get into the console again. As such, if they're the ones that now have the rights, we'll probably not get any updates, or even any future info about the game. They'd want to keep that information under wraps so it doesn't hurt their image on PC, and the current console port owners can continue to be mad at some mystery "unknown buyer" for no news or updates. Just speculation, of course, but it makes sense from a business standpoint.

I'd also like to add my opinion on the new buyer situation. Honestly, I believe that the worst scenario is if TFP were the ones that bought the rights. They've already been burned pretty hard on the console once, I doubt they'd want to try to get into the console again. As such, if they're the ones that now have the rights, we'll probably not get any updates, or even any future info about the game. They'd want to keep that information under wraps so it doesn't hurt their image on PC, and the current console port owners can continue to be mad at some mystery "unknown buyer" for no news or updates. Just speculation, of course, but it makes sense from a business standpoint.

Well that and why should consol owners have to pay twice to get a working game from the TFP? Some people already spent $20-$30 on this game that was "complete". I couldn't image TFP having the guts to ask us to pay another $20-$30 so we actually get what we should of have since day 1. I would hope some other company with actual experience bought it and they release DLC at maybe $5-$10. I'm not sure a game this old and limited on consol is worth anymore than $30 (total) at this point

I'd also like to add my opinion on the new buyer situation. Honestly, I believe that the worst scenario is if TFP were the ones that bought the rights. They've already been burned pretty hard on the console once, I doubt they'd want to try to get into the console again.

Two remarks on this:

1) Any other buyer than TFP likely has no licence to publish a new version on console since TFP seems to have revoked that right. We could speculate that TFP had no right to do that and their lawyer made a mistake or we crossly misunderstand what TFP has been saying with "The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports". If not, only TFP has the rights to publish a new version

2) Because of 1, any buyer other than TFP is probably only in it for the further sales of 7D2D 1.0 on console (don't underestimate the value of that, over the years even a trickle of sales amounts to a nice sum). The buyer might also be in it to offer a deal to TFP that he would retain the 1.0 sales and only sell the code produced by telltale/IG to TFP. Which would still make TFP your only hope.

What update from TFP was two weeks ago? Or do you mean when Roland said sorry nothing new? As I didn't think Roland worked for TFP.

Roland is a TFP employee. He's responded in the past to an email I sent to the TFP media team. That was on May 2nd and his email stated...

"There is nothing to report as of yet. The Fun Pimps are pursuing their best options but cannot talk about anything until the outcome is certain one way or another.

Regards,

Roland

The Fun Pimps"

Roland is a TFP employee. He's responded in the past to an email I sent to the TFP media team. That was on May 2nd and his email stated...

"There is nothing to report as of yet. The Fun Pimps are pursuing their best options but cannot talk about anything until the outcome is certain one way or another.

Regards,

Roland

The Fun Pimps"

Ok fair enough. I was looking for info from the fun pimp profile as that is where the initial posting came from. I hadn't realised Roland was an official source.

Thanks for the extra info Jimmy.

Hi TFP, the players are still here. Have not posted in 6 months. I check the forums once every couple weeks for new info on the console situation. It is still my favorite game and holding strong for the console port to continue. Their might not be a bunch of activity on the console forum, but we are still here and waiting and not giving up hope on the best game out there. Thanks!

It's certainly possible. Hell, if they could move to Unity 2018 on the console instead of the 2017 upgrade they were doing it would be amazing. Then they could get the same optimizations from the PC over to the console.

Just for reference, these optimization are bringing the min RAM for a17 down from 8GB RAM to a mere 2.5GB RAM. If that could be done for the console, it's entirely possible that the console could be almost 100% on-par with the current PC version.

Holy crikes! that would be amazing

I would pay for the game again for that

Holy crikes! that would be amazing

I would pay for the game again for that

As would I. At $26 what i paid for at launch, i feel like I've more than got my money's worth. I'd 100% be down to purchase a "gold" version of the game or pony up some $ for DLC to bring us the new features & optimizations!

any update on rights for 7DTD for ps4? we'll make it or not

All we know for certain is that someone got the rights. Not sure who yet.

I am sure that TFP could confirm if they bought the rights, if they did buy the rights. Would have been nice to hear from TFP after the auction with any info they did have, assuming they did put a bid in for the asset. For all we know they didn't bid on it, and have no intention of doing anything with 7D2D for console. But hey, this silence is golden.

I for one I am secretly hoping Microsoft bought it. I mean why not? They bout Minecraft for an absurd amount of money. This is the adult version of Minecraft, and they could take it very far. Not to mention pay whatever amount they where asking. Just think, regular updates, new content all the time. Just a thought

Archived