Telltale Update

The Fun Pimp

Failtale really screwed the funpimps I hope they sue them after they get the rights back

The Funpimps who had no intention of bringing the game to consol got screwed? No they screwed the players by not making a better deal to have oversight of what was being made. Fun Pimps had 0 care for consol players until someone wanted to buy the rights to port it. Had there been oversight since day 1 this may not have happened or at least they would understand what they have to work with.

snip

Fun Pimps had 0 care for consol players until someone wanted to buy the rights to port it. Had there been oversight since day 1 this may not have happened or at least they would understand what they have to work with.

hard words for someone who posts them on a forum supported from TFP...

snip

hard words for someone who posts them on a forum supported from TFP...

that isnt monitored by tfp, that tfp dont post updates too and has largely been abandoned by the players. As others have said this thread is more for venting frustration over the lack of everything involving consols that actual reliable info

Console sucks

Just old bugs creeping in and the game lagging bad af even in local game by myself. My new computer gets here tomorrow though so not worried as I once was about this. Been creeping n reading for months. Been hoping. Ill miss playing this on console.

U got pc just run off into the sunset with it and dont look back cause u wont be missing anything on this unfinished disasterpiece. Lol

----peace enjoy the game bro the way its meant to be played im gonnna join u there someday someday hopefully soon (single tear rolls down my cheek)

some of you aren't used to things going your way...

the game cost half of what new games cost (to me at least, some of you got it at less than that), there isn't anything else like this on console, and April 9th is around the corner. I doubt we will hear anything on the 10th so give it until May at least. Be patient. Go on creative mode, try different seed names (WnJ is excellent), build something no one else has before, try on impossible settings.

if you don't like this game, move on, what are you even doing on this forum anyways?

Had there been oversight since day 1 this may not have happened or at least they would understand what they have to work with.

TFP is a small indie developer, but sure, they could have hired a controller who would have done... what exactly?

Have an idea just start on 7days two die ,get it? Tons of people enjoy this game on console.

I actually agree. It would be even bigger with the right support. This game is fun. The concept is awesome. But everyone knows what the problems are that plague it. Not to mention lack of big updates. In it's current state it is way behind in times. But imagine a 7 days to die with no bugs, better graphics, smarter ai's and added blocks/ building materials. If 7dtd was up to date my friends would easily get back on it

I returned the comp i got. It was overrated and a blatent false advertisement. Couldnt do anything but casually surf the web n type on it. Long story short, im back to console only atm. Been playing a seed called "DaysGoneBy0419" w/o the quotes of course. Numerous towns n traders. Water isnt in your way too much at all. Load it in creative and drive around it for at least an hour. I think many will enjoy it. I know 04/19 isnt release date for that game but its close n best number combo than other tries._. Shoot me FR if any of u wanna play sometime. Luckystrike2778

is there new stuff? i have not been in game in a while but want to get back in if there is a update.

Nope console players havent seen any additions in at least a year

- - - Updated - - -

TFP is a small indie developer, but sure, they could have hired a controller who would have done... what exactly?

well as the name suggest that company would have oversaw the porting of the game and any future updates. TFP was quick to sell the rights for some quick cash so i find it hard to believe they will care what happens to us one way or another

is there new stuff? i have not been in game in a while but want to get back in if there is a update.

Read the first post of this thread. In short: The publisher doing the console port went bankrupt, the rights to the port are auctioned of in a few months. TFP wants to aquire the port and continue the work but realistically this will take months to get any results.

well as the name suggest that company would have oversaw the porting of the game and any future updates. TFP was quick to sell the rights for some quick cash so i find it hard to believe they will care what happens to us one way or another

I'm pretty sure what would have happened if Telltale had not bought the rights to port it: Then there would be no console version of 7d2d, at least not now.

TFP has no experience with console, they would have thought about a console version only after release of the PC version. If they had tried to hire IG themselves they would have had to do all the tasks a publisher has to do and front the money for the porting. This is not something you suddenly start doing as a developer in the middle of your early alpha development. If it wasn't your plan from the beginning you would think about that again when you are finished with the game and have some free time.

You would have got 7d2d around end of 2020 at the earliest, if at all. TFP might simply have shied away from console porting because they would have thought it too difficult to port the release version to the very limiting hardware of the console. TFP has also postponed a few features for after release, This might also divert them from even thinking about a console port later.

Lots of console games never surface on PC, lots of PC games never surface on console. Chances are good you should even say thank you to Telltale because they were the driving force behind the console port even if they couldn't finish it. And now TFP seems to feel obligated to finish what was started which they surely would not feel if there never had been a console port.

I bought the game on console on release and have put hundreds of hours into it, i've got my money's worth and am fully satisfied with the game as a whole.

And if i'd never seen the pc version i would be none the wiser, i wish TFP all the best and hope something could be worked out, if not that's a shame but i'm still glad i bought the game.

I bought the game on console on release and have put hundreds of hours into it, i've got my money's worth and am fully satisfied with the game as a whole.

And if i'd never seen the pc version i would be none the wiser, i wish TFP all the best and hope something could be worked out, if not that's a shame but i'm still glad i bought the game.

Agreed. Would I like updates, of course. I paid a bit over 20 bucks and since I bought my copy convinced a few others to as well and had one of my closest friends who got tired of having to wait till I got home so he could play my game, purchase his own console and the game. From just those who have played on my PS4, myself included, the cost in regards to entertainment has been close to .05 cent per hour. This game is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I have had the crap scared out of me too many times to count, have scared the crap out of my friends so much we still laugh about it, have laughed at myself and with others so much it is almost shameful. I would be happy to hear some great news that there was going to be an updated console version or a 2nd release or anything but I bought the game as is and am completely satisfied.

Agreed. Would I like updates, of course. I paid a bit over 20 bucks and since I bought my copy convinced a few others to as well and had one of my closest friends who got tired of having to wait till I got home so he could play my game, purchase his own console and the game. From just those who have played on my PS4, myself included, the cost in regards to entertainment has been close to .05 cent per hour. This game is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I have had the crap scared out of me too many times to count, have scared the crap out of my friends so much we still laugh about it, have laughed at myself and with others so much it is almost shameful. I would be happy to hear some great news that there was going to be an updated console version or a 2nd release or anything but I bought the game as is and am completely satisfied.

Edit: A game on the horizon that I am highly interested in ( I have zero affiliation with anything regarding the game or company ) is in early release for PC only but fingers crossed for a working console, Outlaws Of The Old West. I am tired of the zombie games but I love the building exploring upgrading survival aspects. Have many ideas on basis for a few of them but no connection or idea how to market it.

Read the first post of this thread. In short: The publisher doing the console port went bankrupt, the rights to the port are auctioned of in a few months. TFP wants to aquire the port and continue the work but realistically this will take months to get any results.

I'm pretty sure what would have happened if Telltale had not bought the rights to port it: Then there would be no console version of 7d2d, at least not now.

TFP has no experience with console, they would have thought about a console version only after release of the PC version. If they had tried to hire IG themselves they would have had to do all the tasks a publisher has to do and front the money for the porting. This is not something you suddenly start doing as a developer in the middle of your early alpha development. If it wasn't your plan from the beginning you would think about that again when you are finished with the game and have some free time.

You would have got 7d2d around end of 2020 at the earliest, if at all. TFP might simply have shied away from console porting because they would have thought it too difficult to port the release version to the very limiting hardware of the console. TFP has also postponed a few features for after release, This might also divert them from even thinking about a console port later.

Lots of console games never surface on PC, lots of PC games never surface on console. Chances are good you should even say thank you to Telltale because they were the driving force behind the console port even if they couldn't finish it. And now TFP seems to feel obligated to finish what was started which they surely would not feel if there never had been a console port.

At this point they are trying to save face. They had nothing to do with the port of the game they sold the rights and walked away. Even at that they sold the rights to an unfinished game and at the time it was already behind PC development. TFP has done nothing to help consol players up to this point. They have not helped with the port, they have not helped with the updates etc. Which is weird considering their branding is all over the consol version of the game and you would assume with some foresight they would want to protect their image. Yes this game is $20-$30 but on the other hand so is the forest which is infinitely smoother, so is subnautica which looks loads better. I personally think when this was ported there should have been a disclaimer that the port was/is an unfinished version of the game. If this was marketed as a beta then nobody could really complain

At this point they are trying to save face. They had nothing to do with the port of the game they sold the rights and walked away. Even at that they sold the rights to an unfinished game and at the time it was already behind PC development. TFP has done nothing to help consol players up to this point. They have not helped with the port, they have not helped with the updates etc. Which is weird considering their branding is all over the consol version of the game and you would assume with some foresight they would want to protect their image. Yes this game is $20-$30 but on the other hand so is the forest which is infinitely smoother, so is subnautica which looks loads better. I personally think when this was ported there should have been a disclaimer that the port was/is an unfinished version of the game. If this was marketed as a beta then nobody could really complain

It should have been even marketed as an alpha or better as an early access game, I agree with you on this one. But I don't know if Sony would have allowed it on the console with such a label.

They outsourced console development completely. I don't see that as a problem. Did Iron Galaxy developers say that questions about the code were not answered by TFP? If yes, that would be damaging in itself and also different to what TFP is claiming. Or did IG developers say that they weren't introduced to the code in the beginning of the development? That also would be damaging info about TFP just "walking away" immediately after signing the contract.

If no to both, then what is the problem? These are the two things I would expect and want from a company who's code I had to port to a platform only I know.

About the console version being behind PC development: TFP seems to have not made any running intermediate versions of the game between alphas, i.e. the code was completely broken between alphas while they implemented new features (this is info I heard last year from one of the developers themselves).

So IG could not really use bleeding edge code from TFP and port it (if they want to test their stuff on console and not blindly porting without knowing where the actual problems lie), They had to use the then current alpha and start from there, even if that alpha was already out for a few months.

Did Iron Galaxy developers say that questions about the code were not answered by TFP? If yes, that would be damaging in itself and also different to what TFP is claiming. Or did IG developers say that they weren't introduced to the code in the beginning of the development? That also would be damaging info about TFP just "walking away" immediately after signing the contract.

The answer to both is a definite no. There's even a video explaining how it all works, and multiple comments from both TFP and Claire attesting to the fact that TFP and IG openly discussed code, and how things worked. To the point that a couple of PC fixes actually hit the console first.

Archived