Telltale Update

The Fun Pimp

There sure is a bunch of naysayers and negativity popping up in this thread. People need to cool their jets and be a little patient. At least until after the Telltale asset auction.

Been saying that. Lots of people here just aren’t used to not getting their way or something. We are all frustrated but coming on to here to seems to be the what’s keeping this thread alive. That and the hope that something will happen soon. I’m sure there will another thread soon after we get more news.

Been saying that. Lots of people here just aren’t used to not getting their way or something. We are all frustrated but coming on to here to seems to be the what’s keeping this thread alive. That and the hope that something will happen soon. I’m sure there will another thread soon after we get more news.

People are unhappy over the lack of information and the fact the promised update (that was well over a year of build up) didnt happen. You can't really blame consol players for being upset, for a year they were told things are gonna happen with no real idea of what that even meant. Maybe it was items, maybe it was paint, maybe it was an engine update who knows. After all that time we were told nothing more than well this company when out of business so the update is canceled oh and by the way you may never see an update in the future. Again, if this was marketed as a beta, early access etc. then people couldnt complain but it was sold as a complete game and since day 1 that simply wasnt true.

To be honest even if TFP said next month they were taking it over consol players would likely have many more months to wait for anything. Realistically were talking late 2019- early 2020 (if not longer) for updates that PC has had since 2017. It's more than a bit maddening and unacceptable

Well i dont mind the wait and all but this limbo shark is getting old. I have an online game my brother n I have been playing pong fine until an hour ago. It keeps disconnecting me as soon as or right after the world loads and of course good plaguestation blames my internet and says all their garbage is up and running green. I have been in a party talking online with my brother while it blames my internet. This game is breaking more and more every damn day and it is pure rainbows when you can't even play the damn thing the way it was and is advertised that you can and should be able to. I know it isn't supposedly plaguestation and sure isn't my or my brothers internet as he lives next door so that leaves this games files as the culprit and if i can't play what i paid for that they advertised as a finished damned product is a load of bubblegum someone needs to eat.

Nbsbeakers, you didn't pay TFP for the game. You need to ask Telltale Games for your refund. Since they applied for bankruptcy, I doubt you will get your refund. I feel your anger, but it is pointed in the wrong direction.

Plus there's the whole 14-day 2 hours played rule on refunds.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but why not just make a new game, seriously its been what a year. At somee point i wont want an update ill have moved on to another game

To do that TFP would have to admit that this game is a failure and I doubt they are capable of admitting that. That being said, the biggest problem to plague the console version has apparently raised its ugly head on PC. I'm beginning to see reports of terrain rewrites. Of course everyone knows that terrain rewrites are strictly a problem for xbox because Microsoft screwed things, right!

To do that TFP would have to admit that this game is a failure and I doubt they are capable of admitting that. That being said, the biggest problem to plague the console version has apparently raised its ugly head on PC. I'm beginning to see reports of terrain rewrites. Of course everyone knows that terrain rewrites are strictly a problem for xbox because Microsoft screwed things, right!

Of course didnt you know all the issues that have hit consol players since day 1 are totally due to the fact that all consols suck. They just cant handle a game this demanding what with all the ♥♥♥♥ty textures, low quality animation and cookie cutout locations.

More realistically...

In order to do that, TFP would have to be finished making 7DTD. They aren't yet.

Remember that Telltale and Iron Galaxy made the console port, not TFP.

More realistically...

In order to do that, TFP would have to be finished making 7DTD. They aren't yet.

Remember that Telltale and Iron Galaxy made the console port, not TFP.

Are you still using that excuse! Seriously, one minute console is complete, the next its not! One minute TFP is supplying updates to Telltale, the next they had nothing to do with console.

The fact is, the biggest problems with console have been rearing their ugly head in PC, yet some still cling to the line that somehow, TFP is not responsible for the console problems. When will you, and TFP accept the fact that some of their decisions were flawed?

Are you still using that excuse! Seriously, one minute console is complete, the next its not! One minute TFP is supplying updates to Telltale, the next they had nothing to do with console.

I was specifically speaking of the PC version. That's the one TFP is working on. They aren't going to start working on another game until the one they finish is done. I doubt that they will port the next game to console before it's completely finished, given the shenanigans with TellTale.

This is a prime example of how to make dishonest arguments. Since "have nothing to do with console" is quite unspecific and not the exact opposite of "supplying update" you are producing a strawman. Not even you could say you had nothing to do with the console version since you seem to have played it.

Please cite SylenThunders exact words with links to the posts where he supposedly contradicts himself.

I was specifically speaking of the PC version. That's the one TFP is working on. They aren't going to start working on another game until the one they finish is done. I doubt that they will port the next game to console before it's completely finished, given the shenanigans with TellTale.

Why are we talking about PC version in the console thread? Nobody cares about PC they will continue to get updates as they always have. The problem is TFP is now trying to make it seem like they care about the consol players and that they always had our back when that isnt true. As for porting another game um no i would never buy another game with TFP branding on it. How a game can be sold 6 years later and still be considered incomplete is beyond me. DLC, quality of life updates are ok but this game is busted

Why are we talking about PC version in the console thread? Nobody cares about PC they will continue to get updates as they always have. The problem is TFP is now trying to make it seem like they care about the consol players and that they always had our back when that isnt true.

Where did they ever say anything similar to "had your back"? I checked the official message at the start of this thread and console support is only mentioned 1) in that they couldn't get bankrupt Telltale to agree on a deal to transfer that support to them and 2) a promise to continue to get a deal to "to aid console players in the future". See the word "future" there? There never was a direct involvement of TFP in the console support as of now.

Where did they ever say anything similar to "had your back"? I checked the official message at the start of this thread and console support is only mentioned 1) in that they couldn't get bankrupt Telltale to agree on a deal to transfer that support to them and 2) a promise to continue to get a deal to "to aid console players in the future". See the word "future" there? There never was a direct involvement of TFP in the console support as of now.

Right other than they designed the game, sold the rights and have their name all over the consol version. But ya other than that your totally right

Why are we talking about PC version in the console thread? Nobody cares about PC they will continue to get updates as they always have. The problem is TFP is now trying to make it seem like they care about the consol players and that they always had our back when that isnt true. As for porting another game um no i would never buy another game with TFP branding on it. How a game can be sold 6 years later and still be considered incomplete is beyond me. DLC, quality of life updates are ok but this game is busted

Well, let's lay out some simple facts here.

How did this side-discussion start?

Someone asked why they don't just push out a sequel or another similar game.

Who created 7 Days to Die?

The Fun Pimps

Who ported the game to the console?

Iron Galaxy

Who sold the game on the console?

TellTale Games

Who killed the future of the console port?

TellTale Games

Who was putting together the next big update for the consoles?

Iron Galaxy

Why don't you have an update after a year?

TellTale Games

Who would be responsible for making a second game/sequel?

The Fun Pimps

Is the PC version of the game that The Fun Pimps developed finished?

No, it's still in Alpha development, but nearing the beta phase. Final release is currently expected to be in about a year.

Is the Console version of the game that TellTale published with Iron Galaxy developing finished?

Yes, it was sold as a completed version of Alpha 14.7. Any extra content added to the game is a bonus.

Would The Fun Pimps work on a second game before they are finished developing the first one?

No, because that would be dumb.

You on track now?

Right other than they designed the game, sold the rights and have their name all over the consol version. But ya other than that your totally right

About the name all over the console version: Then if Sony does a Spiderman movie, Marvel is directly involved because their name is all over the movie? Even if it is, how has that anything to do with your assertion that " TFP is now trying to make it seem [...] that they always had our back when that isnt true"?

About designing the game itself: What about the word "direct" didn't you understand? And even if we construct a responsibility from that, this still doesn't explain what you mean by " TFP is now trying to make it seem [...] that they always had our back when that isnt true".

"Is the Console version of the game that TellTale published with Iron Galaxy developing finished?

Yes, it was sold as a completed version of Alpha 14.7. Any extra content added to the game is a bonus"

If this statement is true, then the console version is done. There would be no reason TFP would pay to get anything back as there would be ZERO ROI for a completed game. Why would they spend resources for an update to a "finished game"

Because if they continue to develop the game and update the console version closer to PC, it would generate more sales on the console.

I love this game it's basically all my wife and I play, I'm not giving up hope yet!

You do realize that the PC can do far more then the current consoles could ever do right? I don't see them continuing to update the console like the PC do to hardware limitations. I would love for you to be right, but I doubt that any additional sales will happen to the console, even if they get us that last update that IG was actually working on. Given we have heard nothing from anyone since this thread. I love it too, and was just hoping to get one more update to make things run smoother. Additional content would be awesome, but according to a previous post the console version was "sold as a complete game". Those are not my words.

Archived