A word from a QA Tester

Twigg

Hey peeps

I know a lot of you are frustrated about the delay in A17 arrival, The devs and testers are too !

But I wanted to share this with you all.

Whilst you may be thinking that no one is doing anything, I can tell you this

The devs are working 7 days a week to get this to you,

A17 Rocks and you will love it, or hate it, lol

As I send this QA leed is still checking bugs, some devs are still up and actively sorting them out !

We the testers. are working all hours to test and check builds, we also have streamlined the system so we get Live fixes instead of waiting for a total build.

we are all working balls out to get this to you, hang in there , It will be worth it :)

Also please lets not be nasty too anyone, we are all working hard to get this to you .

Lets keep it friendly, after all we all love this game :)

Long time no speaky !

there will be a blooper video, released after A17 drops :)

- - - Updated - - -

That's... remarkable, actually. How is that possible? Don't you have to test in a fully built release environment to confirm bugs are fixed 'for real'?

We test in the full release mode, but minor bugs can be checked on the fly so to speak, then re tested in the steam builds, just speeds thing up

Hey peeps

I know a lot of you are frustrated about the delay in A17 arrival, The devs and testers are too !

As I send this QA leed is still checking bugs, some devs are still up and actively sorting them out !

We the testers. are working all hours to test and check builds, we also have streamlined the system so we get Live fixes instead of waiting for a total build.

we are all working balls out to get this to you, hang in there , It will be worth it :)

Also please lets not be nasty too anyone, we are all working hard to get this to you .

Your efforts are under appreciated, keep up the good work!

Seconded.

Agreed.

Yes, your work is appreciated....and by that I mean I would appreciate it if you get back to work and stop talking...chop chop.

:D Really though thanks for doing the dirty work. I imagine having access to A17 is not all fun like some people probably think it is when you are testing.

That's... remarkable, actually. How is that possible? Don't you have to test in a fully built release environment to confirm bugs are fixed 'for real'?

We test in the full release mode, but minor bugs can be checked on the fly so to speak, then re tested in the steam builds, just speeds thing up

Indeed A17 does rock. It just feels so deep now with meaningful perk choices, POIs that are so much more interesting, AI that will scare the crap out of you and shred tried and true base designs... New combat, vehicles, mods, new everything to be honest. There is too much to mention, but as a whole, this is the version I have personally been waiting for. To me this is the first version of 7 days that is feature complete for the most part. Having all systems in place for the first time is a big game changer. After this build its just more content, no brand new systems are needed.

Indeed A17 does rock. It just feels so deep now with meaningful perk choices, POIs that are so much more interesting, AI that will scare the crap out of you and shred tried and true base designs... New combat, vehicles, mods, new everything to be honest. There is too much to mention, but as a whole, this is the version I have personally been waiting for. To me this is the first version of 7 days that is feature complete for the most part. Having all systems in place for the first time is a big game changer. After this build its just more content, no brand new systems are needed.

Y'all have never let me down before but I'm not gonna lie, I've been waiting so long I'm kinda losing interest...

there will be a blooper video, released after A17 drops :)

Haha, looking forward to it! :D

After this build its just more content, no brand new systems are needed.

Fun part coming up!

After Kickstarter list is done, are you planning some to add new systems with some DLCs?

Damn! A QA Tester thread and a Madmole sighting all in one day. Thanks to both of you for the quick update, and for all of the super hard work that you both have done.

It sounds like you guys are getting close to the home stretch, which is great. It's been quite the wait for this build, but this build is more than a build. It sounds like all of the major components of the game are being finalized and refined to the final state, which is awesome. That does potentially mean that all future builds will be content and feature updates.

Great news! and confirms everyones faith in you all. It must be a thankless task at times with all of the bitching and moaning going on!

The majority want what you all want. A great stride forward with as few bugs as possible leading to a great experience for all. Heartfelt thanks for all your endeavours past and present and ,as ever, looking forward to seeing it in all its new found glory.

Hey peeps

Thanks Twigg!

I think this is what a lot of people wanted.

Just a couple words from the staff now and then to keep the communication lines open.

Even if we have to wait a little longer for A17, having some open dialogue with TFP makes all the difference.

Thanks for all your hard work.

It's very much appreciated!

Refuse to believe any of this until I've played it :)

Awesome! I hope us mere mortals will see it soon.

Hey peeps

Thank you for this forum! Is there anything else you can share with us? Thx! On a positive note what changes and plans do you guys as a team have to build a better relationship with the fans? I'm sure you're not just a QA tester but a fan as well. Its to no ones benefit too see negative steam reviews, youtube comments, forum posts. No one likes that stuff, but its important to know why many feel that way. We all have room to improve and I hope you guys as a team have learned so much so you can have the best possible connection with your fans a future customers. Cant wait to see how this game comes out and what else you guys work on as a team :)

yeah yeah.. don't forget bandits tho

Damn! A QA Tester thread and a Madmole sighting all in one day. Thanks to both of you for the quick update, and for all of the super hard work that you both have done.

It sounds like you guys are getting close to the home stretch, which is great. It's been quite the wait for this build, but this build is more than a build. It sounds like all of the major components of the game are being finalized and refined to the final state, which is awesome. That does potentially mean that all future builds will be content and feature updates.

I'd personally almost consider a17 a entirely new game, as pretty much every single system got overhauled. Alot of our old strats aren't going to work anymore. Like you can't dash backwards anymore for example, thats going to take soem adjusting because were used to dashing backwards while shooting at dogs/zombies.

yeah yeah.. don't forget bandits tho

I hope most bandits are melee, as guns/ammo should be rare, and when you find a bandit with a gun, if you can kill it, it'll drop it. Balancing bandits though so they don't just one shot a player all the time is going to be a challenge, they'll probally need special npc only weapons with lower damage values. I've played mods with bandits, and running into one with a gun early game when all you got is a bow is not a fun time.

Greetings

Thanks guys for the heads up! Just remember the vocal part is usually smaller than the silent majority. You guys rock and though I'm itching I know it will be worth the wait. Love you guys!

Even If I am freaking out a bit and panicking about zombie underground torpedoes! I still reckon you should be able to mine the night away without fear of zombie drop bears. It's a shame pvper's managed to push through the underground not safe thing just so it's easier to find peeps and to base grief .. Ouch I better put on my Fire suit for that comment. :upset:

Now, if we only be able to play stable version that won't require world restart after first 2-3 hotfixes before 2019.

Archived