HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

Hey Dust

Been using your mod in A17 and am loving it.

A couple of issues re using with an existing save though.

Firstly, you can get glitching with trees growing through boulders and through garden plants causing further glitching if you attempt to remedy it.

Ground levels can glitch out as well.

Secondly, a new forest of 1 hp trees causes an unintended exploit.

All the trees are one hit away from their xp and wood bonus, reclearing a once cleared area can quickly give a large boost in both.

Lastly, a vague hypothetical.

How hard would it be to apply your textures to A15?

PM sent about the glitching.

As for the trees, and the XP. Im not sure if there is anything I can do about it with existing saves. I'll poke around.

Absolutely they did. My comments above in my initial post were not very well thought out; I was just really salty about the reflection problems around POI's and I should have worded it a lot better... better than the rabid utterances of a deranged lunatic... at least.

I'm Irish, we dance with lunacy till dawn and beyond.

I think that most of the new textures in A17 are really nice; even with reflections off (thankfully). The wood, concrete, flaking paint, metals and rust, the detail in fabric military tents, that gorgeous blood red that decorates the spikes. And the flagstone is just stunning. Torches and interior lighting? ♥♥♥♥ing sumptuous.

Running down streets, flanked on either side by all the new derilict POI's, (some ingeniously built by fiendish bastards) with your texture mod installed, with it's new trees and vegetation, encrouching upon concrete and brick, rusting cars and discarded shopping carts... is so very atmospheric. Really top tier. The "big man" and his team, are very talented artists.

Looking good DUST2DEATH, I can't wait to see what you produce next. :encouragement:

They are! I just havent different goals. Thanks. :)

I enjoy this mod and the added textures, but tbh I like the vanilla trees better.

Thanks. Maybe you will like the new trees in the next update. :)

@DUST2DEATH I know its taboo to ask, but....

my players are wanting to start a new world, but im wondering if we should wait a few days, to see if the new trees/update are coming soon. since it would likely require a new world to be compatible, we'd have to restart again.... in your opinion should i go ahead and start our new world?, or do you think there's a tiny possibility of a chance that the next version is coming "soon©" enough that i should wait.

either way i cant tell you how amazing and grateful we all are for this amazing AAA quality mod/Gift ( It looks like professional work, is this your job or something? ) and i consider it a privilege to have available since it must require a lot of work and time.

A17.0_2018-12-30_22-15-35.jpg.baa79cffbac0dfd8638feb14df088ddd.jpg

@DUST2DEATH I know its taboo to ask, but....

my players are wanting to start a new world, but im wondering if we should wait a few days, to see if the new trees/update are coming soon. since it would likely require a new world to be compatible, we'd have to restart again.... in your opinion should i go ahead and start our new world?, or do you think there's a tiny possibility of a chance that the next version is coming "soon©" enough that i should wait.

either way i cant tell you how amazing and grateful we all are for this amazing AAA quality mod/Gift ( It looks like professional work, is this your job or something? ) and i consider it a privilege to have available since it must require a lot of work and time.

Thank you for the kind words.

It's not my day job no. Maybe one day? Who knows. Its a creative outlet for me more than anything. I get something in my head then I need to get it out.

Time lines are funny beasts. I spend more time than I want to admit on this mod :) I can tell you that Im currently working on the Wasteland Biome trees for the Vanilla Redux pack.

Once I have completed those I need to fix the guns. (shouldnt be all to time consuming)

Once Ive completed those I need to modlet the Baseline Biome pack. (this wont take long)

After that, Ive got a bug I need to chase down in the prefab editor. (unknown time).

Then we will see where we are at. It could be a week out, It could be by the weekend. Depends.

It doesn't appear to work on 17.1. It crashes immediately upon startup.

The resources file needs to be updated for experi.

The BlockTextures and TerrainTextures *still* work with 17.1

The mod will be following the Stable Branch of the game at *this* current time.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it the same install steps to put this on a server?

Yes, but you only need HDHQ.unity3d and XML files. You do not need the other resource bundles.

Everything as modlets *very* soon.

@Dust2Death; Mod is working great in co-op online with my friend and seem to work great with other mods when put together smart. thanks for the awesome stuff :)

Great to hear :)

@Dust2Death, here's one reason the game is spewing errors like crazy.:

Problem: the 3 new blocks TFP have added are referencing new models that are not in the HD MODs assets file.

<block name="cntFoodPileSmall">
<property name="Extends" value="cntAmmoPileSmall"/>
<property name="Model" value="Entities/LootContainers/foodClutterPileSmall"/>
<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
<property name="LootList" value="111"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="cntFoodPileGroupDesc"/>
</block>

<block name="cntFoodPileMedium">
<property name="Extends" value="cntFoodPileSmall"/>
<property name="Model" value="Entities/LootContainers/foodClutterPileMedium"/>
<property name="LootList" value="112"/>
</block>

<block name="cntFoodPileLarge">
<property name="Model" value="Entities/LootContainers/foodClutterPileLarge"/>
<property name="LootList" value="113"/>
</block>

Only temporary solution for people on a playthrough with this mod is to revert to Alpha 17.0 via Steams beta opt. And reinstall mod over it :).

Im sure.

The changes to the next version to mitigate a lot of this and streamline future updates is extensive. It will give you all the ability to mix and match a lot of options going forward to cater your games to yourselves. Once I have the next version out I will be able to focus on other areas in a more timely fashion to hopefully avoid frustration for you all, and then I'll consider the updating to experi if it isnt stable by then.

If I was to give a rough estimate of where Im at to when you get the next update? Possibly tomorrow is the earliest I'll even guess right now.

I had a migraine yesterday, so I lost that day.

Where did Dust go, and how did you get his login, Sphereii? :)

(Nice post, very polite)

- - - Updated - - -

@Dust2Death, here's one reason the game is spewing errors like crazy.:

Problem: the 3 new blocks TFP have added are referencing new models that are not in the HD MODs assets file.

<block name="cntFoodPileSmall">
<property name="Extends" value="cntAmmoPileSmall"/>
<property name="Model" value="Entities/LootContainers/foodClutterPileSmall"/>
<property name="LootList" value="111"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="cntFoodPileGroupDesc"/>
</block>

<block name="cntFoodPileMedium">
<property name="Model" value="Entities/LootContainers/foodClutterPileMedium"/>
<property name="LootList" value="112"/>
</block>

<block name="cntFoodPileLarge">
<property name="Model" value="Entities/LootContainers/foodClutterPileLarge"/>
<property name="LootList" value="113"/>
</block>

Only temporary solution for people on a playthrough with this mod is to revert to Alpha 17.0 via Steams beta opt. And reinstall mod over it :).

You're good at bug finding. I'm going to steal you soon...

@DUST2DEATH - I have noticed that on some people when joining and even happened to me, That are some floating Trees, all are 1-hit to take them down, what is causing that and is there a way to fix that? On my main PC that I work off of and play on I do not see the issue. However others joining the server with the mod see this 50/50 on when that happens. I tested on my laptop and then I was faced with the same thing.

They are EVVVVERY where, and felt like I just jumped out of a scene in Predator into a jungle LOL

@DUST2DEATH - I have noticed that on some people when joining and even happened to me, That are some floating Trees, all are 1-hit to take them down, what is causing that and is there a way to fix that? On my main PC that I work off of and play on I do not see the issue. However others joining the server with the mod see this 50/50 on when that happens. I tested on my laptop and then I was faced with the same thing.

They are EVVVVERY where, and felt like I just jumped out of a scene in Predator into a jungle LOL

Can you please send me details in a PM. A way to repro if possible.

Dedicated server Im assuming from previous. Existing save or new?

All those types of details please.

---

Im working hard to make sure everything that was reported is fixed where possible for the next update.

@Chikorina: I looked at your tree farming report yesterday. All seems to work as expected in new version. :)

V1.1 Now Available

HDHQ A17 v1.1 for Stable and Experimental is now available.

New:

MAC and LINUX Support

Bloodmoon with more red.

Rare Ore Texture

Vanilla Redux Biome Pack

Modlet all the things

Experimental b8 Support.

Shadows cast from HDHQ Torch

Biome Pack Framework

Mix and Match Biome Modlets

Zero pop trees (vanilla redux pack only)

Custom tuned Reflex Scope Camera's on HDHQ Guns for more FPS'ness :)

Fixed-

All weapons and attachments, all 96 of them.

Farming

Prefab Editor

Baseline Alpine tree resized, higher branches.

More I cant think of right now Im sure.

HDHQ 1.1 is not HDHQ 1.0 save compatible if using optional modlets due to:

Modlet naming convention changes

Modlet combinations

Modlet load orders

The mod is now broken down into the Main Pack, and Optional Modlets.

MAIN:

2K and 4K Main Packs for Stable and Experimental (under Updates):-

Includes resources.assets/blocktextures/terraintextures

Optional Modlets include

Biome Particles:-

This includes the biome particles for waste/burnt/pine forest

Plants:-

New Goldenrod, Chrysanthemum and Cotton Models

LJpZYK5.jpg

Guns:-

All the gun skins

Items:-

Includes HDHQ Torch and Spotlight

Biome Pack - Baseline:-

Includes the Baseline 1.0 Biome Overhaul Modlets (5)

Biome Pack - Vanilla Redux:

New to 1.1 includes Redux Biome Overhaul Modlets (5)

2 -3x Higher Poly than 1.0 trees.

You can mix and match Biome Modlets as you wish.

kj1Sp9q.jpg

mVCRg1Z.jpg

RgmivLa.jpg

DOWNLOAD FROM NEXUS

I'll sort the launcher out tomorrow.

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

Thanks for the humongous update, most appreciated.

The....

.....is that the "haze" type effect for the burnt biome...? If so I'll be happy to not bother with that.

Also the HDHQ biome pack baseline is 142mb and noted....

Contains HDHQ 1.0 Very low poly biomes (alpine, jungle, burnt, desert, wasteland)

the Redux one is described as ...

Contains Biome overhaul in Vanilla Style. Thick Pine forests. Thick Snow forest, Burnt Pine forest, Desert, Wasteland.

Trees are 2 - 3x higher quality than Baseline Biome Pack.

but much smaller at 93mb.

If I want the "better" option then I would ignore the first and only apply the Redux version even tho it is smaller in size....?

edit : Just to add. Visiting a new area and the flowers look great, shouldn't the Goldenrod (example) highlight what it is by name when you hover over it, like the generic ones do....?

I am using the A 17 Experimental game version.

Thanks

Edited by Dibbler (see edit history)

Thanks for the humongous update, most appreciated.

The....

.....is that the "haze" type effect for the burnt biome...? If so I'll be happy to not bother with that.

Also the HDHQ biome pack baseline is 142mb and noted....

Contains HDHQ 1.0 Very low poly biomes (alpine, jungle, burnt, desert, wasteland)

the Redux one is described as ...

Contains Biome overhaul in Vanilla Style. Thick Pine forests. Thick Snow forest, Burnt Pine forest, Desert, Wasteland.

Trees are 2 - 3x higher quality than Baseline Biome Pack.

but much smaller at 93mb.

If I want the "better" option then I would ignore the first and only apply the Redux version even tho it is smaller in size....?

edit : Just to add. Visiting a new area and the flowers look great, shouldn't the Goldenrod (example) highlight what it is by name when you hover over it, like the generic ones do....?

I am using the A 17 Experimental game version.

Thanks

The particles modlet adds falling leaves to pine, green fog to the wasteland and smoke to the burnt forest.

The haze I suspect you are talking about is in vanilla. My burnt only has a thin smoke layer + particles.

Dont worry about the file sizes of the biome packs. Baseline is Baseline, Redux is better ;)

About the plants, I thought they did, will recheck.