HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

But are the air borne particles meant to be seen when you are inside a completely enclosed buildings..?

They appear when I'm inside my enclosed base.

In the pine forest, are you meaning something else other than the leaves?

The smoke from burnt and wasteland may infiltrate buildings, but the leaves generally collide with objects so unless they spawn inside the building from the biome spawner they (leaves) shouldnt be to bothersome.

I'll look into options.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

You have EAC disabled yes?

I just checked the files manually from both the local repo for 2K exp, as well as pulled them directly from the gitlab repo (where the launcher pulls from) and both sets work fine. (I wanted to make sure the upload didnt corrupt).

I'll test the launcher and see if I have any problems.

Tested launcher and it works here at this end.

Make sure to:

1: Run launcher as Admin

2: pre sync the mod

The smoke from burnt and wasteland may infiltrate buildings, but the leaves generally collide with objects so unless they spawn inside the building from the biome spawner they (leaves) shouldnt be to bothersome.

I'll look into options

Is not that they are too bothersome, I didn't know if it was a design feature or something overlooked. It just seemed strange to be totally inside, no doors or windows open, to find random leaves floating around me.

The one chop action on trees, from using the textures on a saved game, I knew about. But to see a tree fall when my arrow misses a Z and hits a tree is a little surprising, lol.

I'll look into options.

- - - Updated - - -

Tested launcher and it works here at this end.

Make sure to:

1: Run launcher as Admin

2: pre sync the mod

I followed all these steps. I don't know much on these things so the Launcher simplifies it for people like me. All the B240 stable version work, just not the 17.1. Also when i pre-sync the ones that do work, it shows that it needs to sync like 57 files or something while the 17.1 only needs to sync 12. I thought maybe it's not loading the rest. it's just a guess

Syncing https://gitlab.com/DUST2DEATH/HDHQ2KEXP

Total Download Time: 00:00:00.84

Copying folder \TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data ...

Copying is done.

Copying \TempMods\README.md to \README.md

Copying is Done.

Copying \TempMods\Data\Bundles\blocktextureatlases to \Data\Bundles\blocktextureatlases

Copying is Done.

Copying \TempMods\Data\Bundles\terraintextures to \Data\Bundles\terraintextures

Copying is Done.

Copying \TempMods\Data\Bundles\terraintextures.manifest to \Data\Bundles\terraintextures.manifest

Copying is Done.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml

Game Started

THis is what i got

MAIN PACK files (resources.assets/blocktextures/terraintextures) are client side only. Do Not Install on a server.

Modlets need to be installed to the Mods folder on both the client and the server.

Just updated the second post on the first page with new installation instructions for clarity. I'll make it pretty later.

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think it's working properly for me. I keep getting WRN xml patch errors.

1441992633_7daystodie2019-01-1421-00-51.jpg.da8017d1bba18e348949262385aab8d6.jpg

1290031350_7daystodie2019-01-1421-00-54.jpg.e91a1c13e450df4eebd4daa1b49019cd.jpg

729491003_7daystodie2019-01-1421-01-35.jpg.cdbeee1f1e582baf1c5c95f95018bad5.jpg

169184640_7daystodie2019-01-1421-01-42.jpg.a37879ec63e968899564ab1e15b6b318.jpg

I moved all the main files into the 7 Days To Die folder and said yes to overwrite.

I moved all the modlets from the hdhqmodlets-master into the Mods folder.

Edited by ghettochild2600 (see edit history)

I cant read it properly but from the alpine pic it looks like youve tried to use both sets of biome packs

The warning images from what I can tell is saying that they cant find the objects to remove from the redux.

Given the naming convention HDHQBiomeAlpine[version] Baseline always loads before Redux.

you need to pic one Biome modlet for each biome.

So you could for instance:

HDHQBiomeAlpineBaseline

HDHQBiomeBurntRedux

HDHQBiomeDesertBaseline

HDHQBiomePineRedux

HDHQBiomeWasteBaseline

But you cant

HDHQBiomeAlpineBaseline

HDHQBiomeAlpineRedux

HDHQBiomeBurntBaseline

HDHQBiomeBurntRedux

You need to pick one of each Biomes that you want to use.

Now what you could do is however write yourself a Biomecompat patch modlet that would load at the end and *that* would let you use both biome groups together to mix and match trees.

But all it is saying is that it cant find x to remove because the preceeding biome modlet already removed it.

The modlet that loads next would overwrite similiar entries, then add its new entries to the mix.

How that ends up working, no idea. I didnt try it. You can *generally* ignore the warnings if that helps you.

Interesting result in alpine region in any case.

Thanks for the quick responses! I should of paid more attention when I copy/pasted the modlets. At first I tried putting the entire "hdhqmodlets-master" folder into the Mods folder and that didn't work. So I took all the files out of there and put them in instead. Didn't realize there was both a "baseline" and "redux" version. I personally prefer the redux. Thanks for taking my post from earlier into consideration about not liking the baseline trees!

Is there an easy way to reduce tree spawns by 25% or 50% less?. I like having a full lush forest, but it can feel a little overwhelming at times with so many trees. Maybe they could be a performance variant or something like that.

Thank again!

Edited by ghettochild2600 (see edit history)

The settings I use are for maximum density as thats the level I develop/test at.

You can open the biomes.xml in the config directory for any of the biome packs and reduce the spawn frequency.

<decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_AlpineWinter1Prefab" prob ="0.2" rotatemax="3"/>

Reduce that prob to something lower.

For instance I have dead trees set to prob ="0.004" but you could reduce it further by either changing the 4 or adding another 0 in front.

Simply changing the prob to 0.1 will halve the frequency etc.

Feel free to tailor the biome(s) to your tastes.

I'll let this release settle, make sure no more issues arise, then I'll begin work on bringing the baseline biome pack up to redux levels.

The settings I use are for maximum density as thats the level I develop/test at.

You can open the biomes.xml in the config directory for any of the biome packs and reduce the spawn frequency.

<decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_AlpineWinter1Prefab" prob ="0.2" rotatemax="3"/>

Reduce that prob to something lower.

For instance I have dead trees set to prob ="0.004" but you could reduce it further by either changing the 4 or adding another 0 in front.

Simply changing the prob to 0.1 will halve the frequency etc.

Feel free to tailor the biome(s) to your tastes.

I'll let this release settle, make sure no more issues arise, then I'll begin work on bringing the baseline biome pack up to redux levels.

Awesome! I've been flying around and checking all the biomes. Looking for any inconsistencies. So far everything looks good except this one tree I found that looks out of place.

416123697_7daystodie2019-01-1422-02-10.jpg.836968cc98ff35c3d3be864b6c1cec7a.jpg

1770 N, 970 E

Might only be happening for me though. Not sure.

Nope, not just you.

Good catch. I thought I got all the shared prefabs.

So, what this is/why it is is because:

To make the biome modlets work I had to break down the biomes and determine which trees are shared between which biome(s).

Unfortunately there are trees that are shared across all biomes which makes theming tricky.

I cant fix it at the prefab level because it will break compatibility with prefab packs etc.

I was turning all the shared ones in redux to dead trees, so I need to work out which tree that is replacing and make it dead essentially.

Less of an obvious issue with baseline as those were already green, so I filtered the alpine trees into the other biomes. However, I need to check baseline now and this location, it may have a jungle tree....

Hey, not sure if maybe it's just me doing something wrong as I don't see anyone else reporting this but with the Baseline Biomes installed to my Mods folder I'm able to just walk through trees. This doesn't happen with the vanilla trees or with the Redux biomes, and there aren't any errors posted in the console.

Hey, not sure if maybe it's just me doing something wrong as I don't see anyone else reporting this but with the Baseline Biomes installed to my Mods folder I'm able to just walk through trees. This doesn't happen with the vanilla trees or with the Redux biomes, and there aren't any errors posted in the console.

Ive just checked this and the only tree from Baseline I can find misbehaving is the AlpineC2, the collider seems to be somewhat offset but is still registering hits while movement collision is offset.

Fixing.

EDIT: Closer inspection its both Alpine.

Thanks for the speedy fix!

Another question, related to the trees. So with both vanilla and this mod pack I've noticed the trees seem to be the most demanding. In vanilla, if I turn all of the settings down (including the trees) I get 100fps constant with VSYNC (I have a 100hz monitor). When I turn the trees up to High and Ultra it drops to 50fps (both seem to offer the same performance), and turning every other setting to max keeps it at 50fps (no difference whatsoever). I've noticed that with everything on lowest and the trees at ultra, with 50fps, I'm only getting about 50% GPU utilization, so it makes me think the tree rendering is poorly optimized.

With the Baseline biome pack it's similar, low GPU utilization and lower frames, but I do get about 5-10fps more than vanilla (goes up to 55-60fps in the same scene). (Also with the baseline pack it seems I get the same FPS no matter what I set the tree quality to, so it seems to pay to just keep it at Ultra)

I'm not super familiar with modding in Unity games, so I'm not sure what the restrictions are, but do you think utilizing something like GPU Instancer would be possible and/or beneficial to tree performance in the game?

FWIW I seem to have similar specs to you, running at 3440x1440 with a GTX 1080, but with a Ryzen 1800X CPU and 32GB DDR4-2933 RAM. For the most part performance is tolerable with gsync, but sometimes in cities it drops down to the 30s and at that point it just feels terrible.

The trees are all already GPU instanced ;)

My trees in either pack are lighter than tfp's trees and heavily optimized already, however, Im using those gains to push more trees. You can fine tune this as you like in the biomes.xml file in the config directory of each biome modlet.

The problem you and everyone else has in the cities/poi's is

1) reflections on blocks that shouldnt have any. Turn the reflections off is the only solution right now. By turning reflections off you will have roughly the same fps in most locations.

kjFNYSw.jpg

I spawned 25 zoms into this POI while waking the sleeper volumes etc.

2) cities/buildings lod'ing in and out, streaming textures in and out from the array eats CPU.

3) heavy zombie sleeper volumes in POI's eat CPU.

Walking down the main street of Diersville and into a POI, by the end of that little walk I had 40 entities in the world.

Heya D2D and experts of the mod, got a "corrupted" graphics bug.

notice // using 2k&4k exp b8 with a17 exp b9 // notice

I put a SS- and the outputlog in my google drive for ya to see, device hardware is in the log.

Tested on 7d2d-launcher and manual install, been running various mods but never seen this one before, never learnt to read the log tho.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z7d2Z0INelHhQY1elXK4fxkuT7pJ53hX

Running without EAC, and had to use the shutdown console command to close when trying to create a game to see if it was only the mainmenu being affected, vanilla runs, other mods run, sdx mods run, so no idea how i could fix this.

Thanks for yer time, and hopefully someone knows a fix.

10/10

Absolutely phenomenal work! Biome reduxe looks and runs beautifully. No issues on my end after wiping world after installation. I love that my 1080ti actually gets used now by the game ;)

Awesome stuff, and thank you for your work!

Hey Dust - I need some help. Yours is the first MOD I've tried installing. I can install MOD fine using the MOD launcher. However when I try to install the modlets - and try to load a saved game or even a new game I get the following errors:

ERR XML Loader: Loading and parsing item_modifiers.xml' failed

Exception: Unrecognized xml element insertAfter

same error for traders.xml but the Exception is as reads: Exception: Item with name 'modMeleeSerratedBlade' not found

and last line reads:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object and game stops loading at that point.

Any help would be great. I can run the mod just fine until I tried to use the modlets.