HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

Yes you can.

Download the MAIN PACK, but only install the resources.assets file.

You dont need to regen anything when only using the main pack.

Trees are the only things that will misbehave in existing chunks/saves that require a regen to fix.

Awesome! Do the trees eventually correct over time?

This mod is soo good it gave me cancer.

But I don't see jungles ingame or the particle stuff or reworked forests. I installed with the mod launcher, does it not install the modlets and I have to do that manually or did I miss something?

So I went to github and everything isn't in a nice pack, but at nexus it is, but the jungle isn't listed on redux, is that only on baseline? My head is spinning trying to make sense of this. Shouldn't the mod launcher just do it all if I want it? =)

(and yes I made a new rng world for this, to test)

Edited by zombo (see edit history)

Awesome! Do the trees eventually correct over time?

If you use an existing save:

Trees in explored areas will have 1HP. Trees in unexplored areas will be normal.

New Game has no problems.

This mod is soo good it gave me cancer.

But I don't see jungles ingame or the particle stuff or reworked forests. I installed with the mod launcher, does it not install the modlets and I have to do that manually or did I miss something?

So I went to github and everything isn't in a nice pack, but at nexus it is, but the jungle isn't listed on redux, is that only on baseline? My head is spinning trying to make sense of this. Shouldn't the mod launcher just do it all if I want it? =)

(and yes I made a new rng world for this, to test)

So, the launcher needed to be updated to support Modlets from Gitlab. Sphereii has been working tirelessly to bring this functionality to the launcher.

That has happened in the last day/hour. It still has some work to be done/polishing but the functionality is now there.

So with that.

Modlets are now finally available on the launcher!

unknown.png

Click the Blue Link stating the mod author has a list of modlets, from there you can select which modlets you would like to install.

unknown.png

Haha awesome timing then I guess =D

And darkness falls will be ready for 17.1 soon. I picked a good time to explore the wonderful world of zombmods.

Thank you for the help.

A little offtopic-

You should make a tutorial on how to edit existing textures someday. I want to put like blood textures on some things like the vehicles and some blocks.

I am probably going to give more impressions after I play with this mod some more- but my first testing from earlier was really awesome. I love how clear everything looks now with crisp textures. With less grass around the visuals are not as messy looking too. Buildings look fantastic now. Even though I used the 4k pack the performance was better then the normal game too, at least for me.

Probably my fav texture is the rocks. That looks awesome mixing into green grass and stuff. I bet mining will be a much less visually confusing process underground now with clear textures showing what I am digging.

After more time was spent using this mod-

I just can't say enough how much I love this mod. I hope every modder strives to be compatible with this excellent texture mod you have here.

Everywhere I go, I am treated to what feels like the sequel to 7d2d lol. Yes, it really does feel like a fresh new 7d2d game with more vibrant clear HD slightly cartoon feeling textures. The visual clarity is one of the strongest selling points here, but the drop dead gorgeous lighting especially at sunsets remind me of the most beautiful moments of the LONG DARK.

I STRONGLY recommend this mod to EVERY 7d2d player, and give it 2 zombified thumbs up! I don't know if I can play the vanilla look again after playing this mod.

I definitely recommend the optional modlets as well such as the lighting and redux biomes.

Thank you so very much for making this mod, and I hope you keep up with it through the various alphas. =)

I just can't say enough how much I love this mod. I hope every modder strives to be compatible with this excellent texture mod you have here.

Everywhere I go, I am treated to what feels like the sequel to 7d2d lol. Yes, it really does feel like a fresh new 7d2d game with more vibrant clear HD slightly cartoon feeling textures. The visual clarity is one of the strongest selling points here, but the drop dead gorgeous lighting especially at sunsets remind me of the most beautiful moments of the LONG DARK.

I STRONGLY recommend this mod to EVERY 7d2d player, and give it 2 zombified thumbs up! I don't know if I can play the vanilla look again after playing this mod.

I definitely recommend the optional modlets as well such as the lighting and redux biomes.

Thank you so very much for making this mod, and I hope you keep up with it through the various alphas. =)

If your thumbs are starting to zombifie I would advice seeing a doctor, or a bandsaw, asap..

I agree with you about the mod tho, it really is quite amazing :) If using the optional guns modlet, and the quality effectivness bonuses mod, I am updating the HDHQ compatible version I made from Elucidus original mod today :)

Bandsaw!?!

You'll only get my thumbs when you pry them from my dead cold hands! And erm... well they are already cold and dead so, the hard part is probably over already. Uh... YOUR PROFILE PICTURE IS NIGHTMARE FUEL! Even for a zombie like me!

I am scared so I am going to shamble away quickly now! Get my ass outta weird town!

A 3... eyed... horse... demon thing? NO NONONONONOON! CAN'T UNSEE!!!

Few questions :

- if i wanna use this on a client only do i have to install the 2k or 4k pack AND the modlets or can do i have to install only the modlets ?

- If i wanna use this on a server and on clients. Do i have to install both modlets and 2k or 4k pack on server and clients ?

What's the diference from installing the 2k/4k pack from the modlets only ?

Thanks.

Hi,

(Apologies for my English, I'm from a non speaking English country)

I read at the beggining of the thread that his textures are made for 2K or 4k resolutions? I mean.. Is there a way where I can use them playing at 1080p?

If not.. is there any mod to distinguish easily the ores down the surface? Iron is easy... but lead or nitrate etc are to difficult for me to see them clearly, at least for me.

DUST...just as Zombo had said earlier...this mod is seriously legit. I'm rolling with the Redux files but I've used just the main files and I'm in awe at the detail of the trees, plants and how DENSE the forests are now...especially with the jungle. Exploring is so much more fun because you just can't seen anything unless you walk over there because the trees block everything. Simply amazing. Thanks so much for this boss.

About the only issue I've seen is that some of the dungeon POIs and the quarry are up 4 or 5 blocks higher than the surrounding land. Not sure if it has to do with the mod or it's just and RWG thing. Not a major thing but just wanted to say something about it.

:) I appreciate the kind words. Thank you. Im pleased you enjoy the mod.

Hi,

I read at the beggining of the thread that his textures are made for 2K or 4k resolutions? I mean.. Is there a way where I can use them playing at 1080p?

If not.. is there any mod to distinguish easily the ores down the surface? Iron is easy... but lead or nitrate etc are to difficult for me to see them clearly, at least for me.

Yes, you can use either pack you want.

it does not matter that you have 1080P resolution on your monitor. if you have the power to use 4k textures and get high FPS... then use them, if you don't have the power then use the 2k.

Moon;936978']Few questions :

- if i wanna use this on a client only do i have to install the 2k or 4k pack AND the modlets or can do i have to install only the modlets ?

- If i wanna use this on a server and on clients. Do i have to install both modlets and 2k or 4k pack on server and clients ?

What's the diference from installing the 2k/4k pack from the modlets only ?

Thanks.

For Single Player:

on the client end you can pick and choose what you want, mix and match it how you want.

Main pack is textures and lighting changes.

Modlets do as described.

For Multiplayer Dedicated Servers:

You do not install the main pack to a server, it is client side only.

Modlets must be installed on the client AND the server.

Hi,

You will get the benefit of the higher resolution textures at 1080p. Pick which pack is best for your machine based on your hardware.

4K textures will have a small CPU hit, barely noticable.

The iron/lead/potassium/coal/rare textures are all redone. You will find it *easier* to spot the ores underground using my textures.

DUST...just as Zombo had said earlier...this mod is seriously legit. I'm rolling with the Redux files but I've used just the main files and I'm in awe at the detail of the trees, plants and how DENSE the forests are now...especially with the jungle. Exploring is so much more fun because you just can't seen anything unless you walk over there because the trees block everything. Simply amazing. Thanks so much for this boss.

About the only issue I've seen is that some of the dungeon POIs and the quarry are up 4 or 5 blocks higher than the surrounding land. Not sure if it has to do with the mod or it's just and RWG thing. Not a major thing but just wanted to say something about it.

Thats a RWG problem unfortunately, not the mod.

So I have run into a problem with the map being way too bright. Don't know if it's a problem with your mod or something else, but figure this might be a good starting point :rapture: I'm guessing it's probably not safe to load the save after disabling your mod to see if it helps? Had the same problem earlier today, and it went away after I reloaded the save, but reloading and restarting the game doesn't help this time.

5882520261809AA5E366F2AC3482B6AB5B1D506E

It was like that when I loaded the save today. Didn't install any new mods, or faff about with my game files in any way.

Just tried reloading again after night had passed, now the map is back to normal. I'm also using Red Eagle LXIX's UIMENU_More24HourLengthOptions and using a 20 hour daylight setting, maybe it's related to that?

Edited by seeamon
New information (see edit history)

It was like that when I loaded the save today. Didn't install any new mods, or faff about with my game files in any way.

Just tried reloading again after night had passed, now the map is back to normal. I'm also using Red Eagle LXIX's UIMENU_More24HourLengthOptions and using a 20 hour daylight setting, maybe it's related to that?

Without testing, base on my own isolation test, I can only hazard a guess and say its possible.

My map only got brighter when the sun was up as per the image.

There was no change to the map with moonlight or not. Only the Sun.

You could remove that modlet (I have no idea if it will break a save or not) and see if you can reproduce the issue with out it?

You could remove that modlet (I have no idea if it will break a save or not) and see if you can reproduce the issue with out it?

Yup I'll try it tomorrow when I have time and report back. Absolutely amazing work you've done with this mod! :smile-new:

Yup I'll try it tomorrow when I have time and report back. Absolutely amazing work you've done with this mod! :smile-new:

Curious, I read in Darkness Falls discord that his mod works with HDHQ. How can I install HDHQ's textures/lighting/biome changes but keep Darkness Falls items/progressions/game changes?

Curious, I read in Darkness Falls discord that his mod works with HDHQ. How can I install HDHQ's textures/lighting/biome changes but keep Darkness Falls items/progressions/game changes?

If you are using the launcher, a manual install of HDHQ would be easiest.

There isnt anything that will conflict as far as Im aware after speaking with Khaine.

So you are free to drop in the main pack bundles, and modlets you want to use as necessary without any worry.

I did it the opposite way.

I installed hdhq with the mod launcher and manually put darknessfalls in. Works.

Dust- I did have 1 question, jungles are only in the baseline version (replaces forest I guess?). So using redux means no jungle? I'd like to see jungles while still having forests and redux version in the future =).

I did it the opposite way.

I installed hdhq with the mod launcher and manually put darknessfalls in. Works.

Dust- I did have 1 question, jungles are only in the baseline version (replaces forest I guess?). So using redux means no jungle? I'd like to see jungles while still having forests and redux version in the future =).

Someone earlier in the thread ended up mixing the 2 packs together and it still works. The second modlet that follows will throw some warning because it tries to remove things the previous one did, but other than that it appeared to work fine.

We will see what the future holds.

Ive just added the start of a new modlet. HDHQ Vehicles.

These are voxel like vehicles which I personally think is 1, fitting for the game, 2 Low poly, 3, just awesome. :)

This first release includes a Monster Car, Monster Ute, and a School Bus. All vehicles are armored.

I have just copied the 4x4 at this point, but we have to start somewhere.

Recipes and loot groups included, same as 4x4.

Q1M7nBI.jpg

rT4CGRG.jpg

p6mrhKz.jpg

7 DAYS MOD LAUNCHER

DOWNLOAD FROM NEXUSMODS

HDHQ MODLET REPO @ GITLAB

Note:

The Wheel rim used on the Monster Car and Ute is based/modified off of Foulques Truck Wheel 4*4 which you can find here:

Licence: CC Attribution.

https://sketchfab.com/models/ba525a785073441f839fd7a57ecb5bf7

Yes, you can use either pack you want.

it does not matter that you have 1080P resolution on your monitor. if you have the power to use 4k textures and get high FPS... then use them, if you don't have the power then use the 2k.

Thanxs for your answer.

The 16 Gb requirement is a must? I only got 8.