HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

Hey Dust - I need some help. Yours is the first MOD I've tried installing. I can install MOD fine using the MOD launcher. However when I try to install the modlets - and try to load a saved game or even a new game I get the following errors:

ERR XML Loader: Loading and parsing item_modifiers.xml' failed

Exception: Unrecognized xml element insertAfter

same error for traders.xml but the Exception is as reads: Exception: Item with name 'modMeleeSerratedBlade' not found

and last line reads:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object and game stops loading at that point.

Any help would be great. I can run the mod just fine until I tried to use the modlets.

I cant reproduce this. Only the Gun modlet touches item_modifiers.xml.

Is it possible to connect via TeamViewer and I can have a look/help?

If you want me to connect via TeamViewer, PM me the ID and Password. Do not post it publicly.

Absolutely phenomenal work! Biome reduxe looks and runs beautifully. No issues on my end after wiping world after installation. I love that my 1080ti actually gets used now by the game ;)

Awesome stuff, and thank you for your work!

Heya D2D and experts of the mod, got a "corrupted" graphics bug.

notice // using 2k&4k exp b8 with a17 exp b9 // notice

I put a SS- and the outputlog in my google drive for ya to see, device hardware is in the log.

Tested on 7d2d-launcher and manual install, been running various mods but never seen this one before, never learnt to read the log tho.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z7d2Z0INelHhQY1elXK4fxkuT7pJ53hX

Running without EAC, and had to use the shutdown console command to close when trying to create a game to see if it was only the mainmenu being affected, vanilla runs, other mods run, sdx mods run, so no idea how i could fix this.

Thanks for yer time, and hopefully someone knows a fix.

Whenever a new release comes out, I need to update resources.assets as all the id's have changed. Generally you can keep terraintextures as I make this bundle entirely so carries across unless TFP add a new texture.

Blocks is 50/50.

I'll get an experi update out a little later today.

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

Hey Dust,

I just fixed it a few minutes before you posted.User error. Apparently I was putting the modlets into the tempMods (created byt the launcher) instead of creating a new folder called Mods. After going through the forums I realized this even though instructions say to put into Mods folder. I just figured it meant tempMods folder since there wasn't a mods folder created. Thanks for responding and willing to take the time to look at it. By the way - it looks and runs great.

Hey Dust,

I just fixed it a few minutes before you posted.User error. Apparently I was putting the modlets into the tempMods (created byt the launcher) instead of creating a new folder called Mods. After going through the forums I realized this even though instructions say to put into Mods folder. I just figured it meant tempMods folder since there wasn't a mods folder created. Thanks for responding and willing to take the time to look at it. By the way - it looks and runs great.

Excellent! :)

If i reinstall unity asset editor, would it be something I could update for myself? Or is complex, only asking because i hate the thought of bugging some about updating a very generous free gift.

If you know what you are looking for you *could*. But, you also have to check for timing changes in regards to lighting.

eg: the timing changed between b240 stable and b8 experi as such I had to adjust the timescale on the blood moon files.

Some other things tend to change as well but are minor, generally not in patch notes type stuff.

The longest part of updating, is the uploading of the new versions.

Its no bother for me, just takes time :)

HDHQ v1.1b A17.1 b9 Experimental MAIN PACK files in 2K and 4K are now uploaded to all relevant locations.

HDHQ v1.1b experimental:

- Adjusted Blood Moon lighting/Time Scale

Launcher:

- Fixed 4K experimental config

DOWNLOAD FROM NEXUS

DOWNLOAD MAIN PACK FROM GITLAB 4K v1.1b A17.1 EXP b9

DOWNLOAD MAIN PACK FROM GITLAB 2K v1.1b A17.1 EXP b9

Edited by DUST2DEATH
links (see edit history)

I think, The main difference is the quality/polygon count of the trees ...if I'm not mistaken. As in 1 has crappier looking trees, compared to the other. I'm not sure if plants and shrubs are affected.... I'm not at my PC atm so i cant easily check.

thanks for your great mod. i have a question: what is the different between the baseline and the redux modlet?

thanks

blodo

Sorry for the late reply. I have *finally* updated the Main 2 Posts of the thread to help clarify the contents of this mod/modlets as well as the installation instructions. (tried to simplify the install instructions for Single Player and Dedicated Servers)

Please let me know if anything is off.

As TopAce6 mentioned the main difference is their tri count.

The Baseline Biome Pack consists of trees that are from 50 - 300 tris.

The Redux Biome pack consists of trees that are 2 - 3x heavier than the baseline pack.

You should get a fps boost compared to vanilla with both. You could then reduce the spawning further and net more if you wanted to.

I have uploaded v1.1b Stable B9 to all relevant locations for the sake of "being complete".

If you had 1.1b Exp b9, you do not need to update anything.

DOWNLOAD FROM NEXUSMODS

DOWNLOAD MAIN PACK FROM GITLAB 4K v1.1b A17.1 b9

DOWNLOAD MAIN PACK FROM GITLAB 2K v1.1b A17.1 b9

HDHQ MODLET REPO @ GITLAB

"If you had 1.1b Exp b9, you do not need to update anything." yay, was wondering if there were any hidden changes, was about to look through the github to see. but this saves time!

Its mod update day, trying to organize update and resync all the servers mods, tweak them to work together, Customizing the localisation.txt and then get them out to the players on the server. ...so much fun /s. :miserable:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.db8ee27c7b77fbb3482df40caa8dd27d.jpg

Sorry for adding it to your list, I just wanted to know if it was an "issue" or not :)

Thanks

Once I get the Nexus Page sorted in the same vein as this thread's OP's I'll be back on top of the things next in line

(really need to get these pages done, such a time sink)

thanks for the info

blodo

You're welcome. :)

"If you had 1.1b Exp b9, you do not need to update anything." yay, was wondering if there were any hidden changes, was about to look through the github to see. but this saves time!

Its mod update day, trying to organize update and resync all the servers mods, tweak them to work together, Customizing the localisation.txt and then get them out to the players on the server. ...so much fun /s. :miserable:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27226[/ATTACH]

#Modlife :D

I didnt notice any changes during testing. I tested b9 exp blocks against b9 stable and didnt notice anything. The ID's certainly didnt change between b9 exp and b9 stable on resources.assets.

In the b9 Stable package I did redo the Blocktexture file just in case they slipped something into the array, or something else that wasnt in the patch notes.

I like to be complete so if you do notice something(I dont expect any), grab the stable package.

Question... can the biome lighting and weather changes be added but the vanilla ground textures be retained? I really like the vanilla a17 desert and forest textures.

These also require a new world generation, right?

Yes you can.

Download the MAIN PACK, but only install the resources.assets file.

You dont need to regen anything when only using the main pack.

Trees are the only things that will misbehave in existing chunks/saves that require a regen to fix.

If anyone wants to use the old A16 Method of pressing <E> to pick up the lovely new HDHQ plants here is some code to add to the blocks.xml of the HDHQ Plants Modlet , this also covers the other wild plants too.

<!-- Ragsy2145 Add the <E> action to HDHQ wild plants -->

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='HDHQ_Cotton']">
<property name="Class" value="CropsGrown"/>
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='HDHQ_Goldenrod']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='HDHQ_Chrysanthemum']">
</append>

<!-- Add <E > back to non HDHQ wild plants -->

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedHop3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedYucca3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedAloe3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedBlueberry3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedPotato3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedCorn3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedGraceCorn3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedSnowberry3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedMushroom3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedCoffee3Harvest']">
</append>

Im guessing this wouldnt work with Darkness Falls mod? I really love this make over but I really love DF mod lol

Ive had a quick chat with Khaine.

I dont see any real issues/compatibility problems with DF. You look good to go.

If anyone wants to use the old A16 Method of pressing <E> to pick up the lovely new HDHQ plants here is some code to add to the blocks.xml of the HDHQ Plants Modlet , this also covers the other wild plants too.

<!-- Ragsy2145 Add the <E> action to HDHQ wild plants -->

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='HDHQ_Cotton']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='HDHQ_Goldenrod']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='HDHQ_Chrysanthemum']">
</append>

<!-- Add <E > back to non HDHQ wild plants -->

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedHop3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedYucca3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedAloe3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedBlueberry3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedPotato3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedCorn3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedGraceCorn3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedSnowberry3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedMushroom3Harvest']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedCoffee3Harvest']">
</append>

Thanks Ragsy. Some people will find this useful Im sure.

I generally stay far away from texture mods in games, but I'll have to give this one a try someday, it looks great and does more then just textures.

Updates:

• Main Thread Description - Biome Pack - Redux: Zero Pop Trees - You will only see shadow draw based on your distance setting in options
  • HDHQ Plants 1.1b - Fixes plant names appearing when focusing on the block
  • HDHQ Biome Pack Baseline - PineBaseline 1.1b - fixes rogue tree in alpine prefab - switched to dead
  • HDHQ Biome Pack Redux - PineRedux 1.1b - fixes rogue tree in alpine prefab - switched to dead

Thanks to Ragsy for a point in the right direction on the plants.

DOWNLOAD FROM NEXUSMODS

HDHQ MODLET REPO @ GITLAB

Edited by DUST2DEATH
links (see edit history)