HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

It was like that when I loaded the save today. Didn't install any new mods, or faff about with my game files in any way.

Just tried reloading again after night had passed, now the map is back to normal. I'm also using Red Eagle LXIX's UIMENU_More24HourLengthOptions and using a 20 hour daylight setting, maybe it's related to that?

This is a bug with the base game. I don't know if any root cause was discovered although some have attributed to nearby torches. Restarting once or twice supposedly resolves it.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94918-Alpha-17-Experimental-B199-bug-reporting-thread&p=884156&viewfull=1#post884156

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Discussions-Alpha-17&p=930419&viewfull=1#post930419

Another potential cause is logging in while holding an item with burning shaft mod (probably torches too). Same basic solution, deselect said item and login/out a few times.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?103917-Extremely-bright-map-how-do-I-fix-it

As such I don't believe either mod would be a potential cause.

Edited by Red Eagle LXIX (see edit history)

I never saw a reply about this... do I have to cut down all original trees and replant to correct this issue?

The Trees are only bugged when you install into an existing save in already explored areas.

Trees in new areas that you havent explored/uncovered will be normal HP.

New games have no such issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Terrian clipping possible with this mod? (digging and positioning your camera to see through the world) stupid question but I have to ask.

If you can clip in vanilla, you will be able to clip in this mod.

The mod doesnt do anything to cause or avoid such a thing.

This is a bug with the base game. I don't know if any root cause was discovered although some have attributed to nearby torches. Restarting once or twice supposedly resolves it.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94918-Alpha-17-Experimental-B199-bug-reporting-thread&p=884156&viewfull=1#post884156

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Discussions-Alpha-17&p=930419&viewfull=1#post930419

Another potential cause is logging in while holding an item with burning shaft mod (probably torches too). Same basic solution, deselect said item and login/out a few times.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?103917-Extremely-bright-map-how-do-I-fix-it

As such I don't believe either mod would be a potential cause.

Thanks for the tip! I was just trying it out and indeed the problem persisted even with your modlet disabled. In my case I think it had something to do with torches placed on walls inside. I had just died so I had an empty bag and toolbelt too. The map went back to normal for me after I walked outside and little bit away from my base and relogged.

Do you think there will be any potential conflicts between this mod and The Wild Land mod? As far as I know The Wild Land does some biome changes and stuff but I wanted to try both this mod and that one together once A17 isn't being worked on and updated anymore and they've moved onto A18.

Do you think there will be any potential conflicts between this mod and The Wild Land mod? As far as I know The Wild Land does some biome changes and stuff but I wanted to try both this mod and that one together once A17 isn't being worked on and updated anymore and they've moved onto A18.

The bulk of this mod *should* be compatible with 99% of mods out there.

The only thing with Wild Lands will be the Biome packs.

mjrice has renamed the vanilla snow biome to alpine_forest, and added in a great_plains biome.

You would need to write a compatibility patch for it so the snow biome knows where to look, or alternatively, patch wild lands so alpine_forest is renamed back to snow. either or. (or just dont use the snow biome modlet)

The easier way would be for mjrice to use vanilla biome names, but, we cant expect everything to be compatible with everyone out of the box.

The bulk of this mod *should* be compatible with 99% of mods out there.

The only thing with Wild Lands will be the Biome packs.

mjrice has renamed the vanilla snow biome to alpine_forest, and added in a great_plains biome.

You would need to write a compatibility patch for it so the snow biome knows where to look, or alternatively, patch wild lands so alpine_forest is renamed back to snow. either or. (or just dont use the snow biome modlet)

The easier way would be for mjrice to use vanilla biome names, but, we cant expect everything to be compatible with everyone out of the box.

I wouldn't know how to do any of that, the most I know how to do is changing the xml files so that the probability of grass is low to help with fps lol. I'll probably just stick with your mod since I was just mostly interested in the map layout of The Wild Land mod. Anyway, thanks for replying.

is it intentional that you can place the Torch on the walls (with the new light radius) but when you pick it up again it becomes a normal Torch?

Is there a way to fix it?

There is no new wall torch. The HDHQ torch is hand held only, so if you place it, it will become a normal wall torch.

I will be making a new wall torch soon.

Vehicle update 1.1b-apc

New

• Added HDHQ APC Vehicle. Exit is through top hatch of vehicle. In Gyrocopter loot spawns. Recipes added.
  • Illuminated Tail lights when lights are active. Monster Car, APC.

Fixed

• Wheel collision/physics on Monster Ute and Monster Car. Should be less skatey.
  • Icons for crafted items - accessories, chassis.
  • Bus Texture
  • Adjusted light settings

hwV6Frq.jpg

7 DAYS MOD LAUNCHER

DOWNLOAD FROM NEXUSMODS

HDHQ MODLET REPO @ GITLAB

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

How do you get the recipes to make these got points in to be able to make a truck but wont let me make these cant find a book or anything to learn it so I can make them? Also trying to find out were to get the recipes for the lights and torch

Ok so I've been playing with this mod which is awesome, but I have a slight issue. It's a personal one but an issue none the less. I attempted to do some underground mining and due to my colour blindness I have no clue what the special resources look like now. Could someone post some pictures of what each of the ores look like? Nitrate, iron, lead coal. It'd be greatly appreciated so that way I know what to look for.

HDHQ Vehicle v1.2 Available Now - Physics update.

HDHQ Vehicles 1.2 is now available.

This is a rather large update that brings many fixes to the vehicles, including progression unlocks (sorry)

All vehicles have been reworked and pivot points are exact, so no more oscillating wheels, or pull left bugs.

No more wheel spinning when not moving or uneven ground etc.

All vehicles now have unique characteristics and Brand New Physics Profiles

The APC:

• Now exits through the top hatch and can be re-entered via top hatch whilst standing on vehicle.
  • High Torque levels.
  • 1 Gear System. Drive + Reverse.
  • Weight 12.3 tonnes.
  • Can run over and destroy fences, small trees, cars, sign posts, light poles.
  • Can Breach wooden buildings.
  • 50K health at Tier 6.
  • Shift button disabled, is full speed all the time.

Monster Ute.

• 3 speed, low range to high torque.
  • Stiff rear suspension keeps front wheels planted. This allows mountain climbing/rock hopping.
  • Shift Button acts as turbo and Slip key for drifting and high manoeuvrability.

Monster Car

• lightest of the vehicles.
  • fastest default of the vehicles (including vanilla jeep) even without turbo
  • lower torque than Ute
  • use full suspension travel
  • highly grippy

School Bus

• Slowest of the vehicles
  • 25K health at tier 6
  • weight 4 tonnes

Monster Ute Climbing a Mountain

HDHQ Vehicle Compatibility Patch for Darkness Falls. (only on launcher/gitlab)

You will now find in the modlets section HDHQ Vehicles-DF.

This is an official compatibility patch provided by me for Darkness Falls maintaining 100% compatibility within Khaine's vision.

HDHQ Plants - Pick Up Patch by Ragsy.

Ragsy has made a patch for the HDHQ Plants modlet so that you can pick them up instead of punching.

Make sure it loads after HDHQ Plants.

You can grab that modlet by Ragsy from:

Ragsy's Modlets

Download from the usual locations below

7 DAYS MOD LAUNCHER

DOWNLOAD FROM NEXUSMODS

DOWNLOAD MAIN PACK FROM GITLAB 4K v1.1b A17.1 b9

DOWNLOAD MAIN PACK FROM GITLAB 2K v1.1b A17.1 b9

HDHQ MODLET REPO @ GITLAB

- - - Updated - - -

How do you get the recipes to make these got points in to be able to make a truck but wont let me make these cant find a book or anything to learn it so I can make them? Also trying to find out were to get the recipes for the lights and torch

Fixed the vehicles, will look at the other 2 you mentioned.

Ok so I've been playing with this mod which is awesome, but I have a slight issue. It's a personal one but an issue none the less. I attempted to do some underground mining and due to my colour blindness I have no clue what the special resources look like now. Could someone post some pictures of what each of the ores look like? Nitrate, iron, lead coal. It'd be greatly appreciated so that way I know what to look for.

I'll get you some pics ASAP, most likely in the morning now.

That APC looks sweet.

Its even better now. :)

Hi Dust, I have a question. I got your mod to work with DF, thanks for this and your overhaul is amazing. I have been trying to make a 16K map (yeah I know) but the wasteland ring that is created is enormous and dead center of the map. Have you figured out a way to get the wasteland back to the edges? I have been messing around and the only thing I have seemed to do that changes anything is turned the entire map into a wasteland on my last attempt lol.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414452497139367972/540287912248606760/unknown.png

HDHQ doesnt touch the RWG mixer as that would make it incompatible with many things.

DF however, does.

If you open the rwgmixer.xml from DF, and go to line 1272, you will find the start of the section that handles the wasteland ring generation.

It is commented, so it should be relatively easy with some testing to push the ring out on 16K maps.

hakeGNY.jpg

I hope that helps. :)

HDHQ doesnt touch the RWG mixer as that would make it incompatible with many things.

DF however, does.

If you open the rwgmixer.xml from DF, and go to line 1272, you will find the start of the section that handles the wasteland ring generation.

It is commented, so it should be relatively easy with some testing to push the ring out on 16K maps.

I hope that helps. :)

Yeah those are the ones I was messing with. I only succeeded in making the entire 16K map waste land somehow LOL. Theres 2 sets of numbers. I'll just mess with em both :D

Thank you soo much Dust2Death. You rock. LOL you don't know how much this helps me. And lol after seeing this, I had a derp realization and thought gee I could have used the creative menu to do the same things. *sigh* I guess hindsight is always 20/20.