HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

Hi m8!

I really love this mod that you have provided the community with.

I was playing a seed and installed it after i saw Games4kickz using this, i just have a slight problem, i understand there can be complications and such when applying it to an ongoing save :) But got two big holes in my concrete walls like 5x5 :p was really fun, due to a tree got spawned at the location of the concrete wall :p

But do you or anyone know a fix to fix the 1 hp trees? That is the problem i really was going to ask if anyone experienced aswell and now how to fix :p

Edit: nvm, seems like it only affects trees in the surrounding area, activated DM and teleported to unexplored territory and there it worked like a charm with full HP trees.

But thanks again for the awesome mod!

:)

@DUST2DEATH - love the mod! silencers don't seem to work right with the weapons, followed your instructions and copied every single one using the new names and grabbing the positions that are used for the originals and they are all offset. JUST FYI not sure why they are like that

On it, Thanks.

1 hp tree is vanila multi bug!

I dont think there is currently any way around this unfortunately.

The problem was not there before i installed this mod, so yeah but i just need to cut the faulty trees down and plant new ones, problem solved ;)

its because you are on a existing save. The game stores information when you start a new game. No real way around it, other than know they are 1HP in explored areas, and normal in unexplored areas :)

Those screens look epic. Especially the plane. Thanks for sharing :)

Yea the plane is a nice touch lol everyone that is on my server is absolutely loving it now. Had a few players tell me they play on alot of different servers trying them out and said my server is bar far the best they have ever seen. All in part thanks to you brotha! Now if we can just get that silencer lined up lol

Awesome new shots Dust2death, can't come soon enough!

Maybe it's me, I find some tree trunks a bit too bright compared with the leaves, or maybe it's the just the sun position?

On the other hand, I think it would be worth trying to improve the appearance of the 2D grass on the ground, since you're watching it all the time. When the ground has the same color and brightness/contrast as the grass it looks great, but otherwise it looks pretty fake. Hell, I would even sacrifice a few fps for better grass. Rust game uses Unity and looks much better, do you think could be possible in this voxel game without killing the performance?

Looks amazing, keep up the great work!

Thanks Sub!

I've never had the pleasure of meeting those trees! Are those the new trees you were talking about?:whoo:

Yes. These are part of a vanilla redux pack for the next version. Something people were asking for.

Hell, I would even sacrifice a few fps for better grass. Rust game uses Unity and looks much better, do you think could be possible in this voxel game without killing the performance?

Rust isnt Voxel IIRC.

Ive briefly looked at the grass but its not cheap in the grander scheme of things.

Is anybody actually running this mod on a dedicated server (my host is Blue Fang)? I've tried uploading the necessary server files and disabling EAC but whenever I connect, I get an empty menu screen. Everything works correctly for me when I start a single player game. I contacted support and they uploaded the files as well (HDHQ.unity3d & config .xmls) and it still doesn't work.

Edit: Nevermind. User error.

Edited by PrISM (see edit history)

Those screens look great. Is that a river... in random gen? Can't be, must be the small Nav map. Awesome work. Now if only the Pimps gave out access to the blocks...

To be fair, the Pimps really did step it up with 17 and the block textures. Sure there is some Im not a fan of due to the way they tile, but overall, they did a good job.

Is anybody actually running this mod on a dedicated server (my host is Blue Fang)? I've tried uploading the necessary server files and disabling EAC but whenever I connect, I get an empty menu screen. Everything works correctly for me when I start a single player game. I contacted support and they uploaded the files as well (HDHQ.unity3d & config .xmls) and it still doesn't work.

Edit: Nevermind. User error.

Glad you got it sorted :)

Hey Dust

Been using your mod in A17 and am loving it.

A couple of issues re using with an existing save though.

Firstly, you can get glitching with trees growing through boulders and through garden plants causing further glitching if you attempt to remedy it.

Ground levels can glitch out as well.

Secondly, a new forest of 1 hp trees causes an unintended exploit.

All the trees are one hit away from their xp and wood bonus, reclearing a once cleared area can quickly give a large boost in both.

Lastly, a vague hypothetical.

How hard would it be to apply your textures to A15?

To be fair, the Pimps really did step it up with 17 and the block textures. Sure there is some Im not a fan of due to the way they tile, but overall, they did a good job.

Absolutely they did. My comments above in my initial post were not very well thought out; I was just really salty about the reflection problems around POI's and I should have worded it a lot better... better than the rabid utterances of a deranged lunatic... at least.

I'm Irish, we dance with lunacy till dawn and beyond.

I think that most of the new textures in A17 are really nice; even with reflections off (thankfully). The wood, concrete, flaking paint, metals and rust, the detail in fabric military tents, that gorgeous blood red that decorates the spikes. And the flagstone is just stunning. Torches and interior lighting? ♥♥♥♥ing sumptuous.

Running down streets, flanked on either side by all the new derilict POI's, (some ingeniously built by fiendish bastards) with your texture mod installed, with it's new trees and vegetation, encrouching upon concrete and brick, rusting cars and discarded shopping carts... is so very atmospheric. Really top tier. The "big man" and his team, are very talented artists.

Looking good DUST2DEATH, I can't wait to see what you produce next. :encouragement: