Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I'll double check the bicycle. I think it's made in the workbench with a wrench...

Clay soil is the stuff you need. :)

Hey, absolutely loving the mod too. Best I have played. I like the progression in it, makes it more like a real RPG, which is awesome for me.

I second that about the wheels though. I can't find them anywhere in the recipes, and you would think that if you learned the bicycle, it would come with being able to make wheels for it as well (they, being part of the bicycle of course :) ) I tried at the workbench and had all the materials, but said I didn't know it. I kind of feel stuck at this one point, as I am ready to branch out into the wider world, and *whew* am I sweating a lot from running.... ;)

THANKS FOR THE GREAT WORK!

With the "mod launcher 4 linux" I still get error. Now and after numerous errors stays at this point (image) and can not do anything anymore.The version with which the game is the last and on the screen of the mod comes another version.https://ibb.co/6HRNhWq :upset:

Hey, absolutely loving the mod too. Best I have played. I like the progression in it, makes it more like a real RPG, which is awesome for me.

I second that about the wheels though. I can't find them anywhere in the recipes, and you would think that if you learned the bicycle, it would come with being able to make wheels for it as well (they, being part of the bicycle of course :) ) I tried at the workbench and had all the materials, but said I didn't know it. I kind of feel stuck at this one point, as I am ready to branch out into the wider world, and *whew* am I sweating a lot from running.... ;)

I found wheels when looting. Maybe you can get them by disassembling vehicles (with the wrench).

Question I have - did you change anything regarding the zombie's attack reach? It feels harder. Also the stealth system works... differently. Looting, mining doesn't seem to increase visibility.

Edited by Mythixdino (see edit history)

Hello, you can get wheels when you looting wheels on the road, its easy. :). In the road try to loot the wheels you see with a wrench, axe or anything

You can wrench wheels to get wheels. Mechanic gets the wheel recipe. :)

With the "mod launcher 4 linux" I still get error. Now and after numerous errors stays at this point (image) and can not do anything anymore.The version with which the game is the last and on the screen of the mod comes another version.https://ibb.co/6HRNhWq :upset:

I have no idea then, I'm afraid. I'll boot up Ubuntu later, but last time I tried it worked absolutely fine.

I found wheels when looting. Maybe you can get them by disassembling vehicles (with the wrench).

Question I have - did you change anything regarding the zombie's attack reach? It feels harder. Also the stealth system works... differently. Looting, mining doesn't seem to increase visibility.

I haven't tweaked the stealth system or zombie reach. Though in the latest experimental I did tweak zombie sight range to try and make stealth a little more viable. :)

Are we suppose to get exp when the Guard NPCs at the traders kill zombies? Not sure if this was answered already or not.

If you're using Sorcery, you "mark targets" within close proximity to you which grants you XP on their demise of any form (Traps). This is a deeper feature that'll be tweaked and governed in the near future.

my mortar and pestile needs 30 clay. all i can gather/craft/srap is clay soil. even with the forge. Do i need advanced forge for this?

iam playing with sorcerer modlet

Just to clarify, Sorcery doesn't alter other mod's recipes or "harvestables". :)

If you're using Sorcery, you "mark targets" within close proximity to you which grants you XP on their demise of any form (Traps). This is a deeper feature that'll be tweaked and governed in the near future.

Ah ok. Forgot to mention that. I had no idea sorcery had that type of stuff in it. Here I thought khain was showing us some mercy and added in some fancy feature to make living at the trader more desirable lol. Many thanks for the information.

Ah ok. Forgot to mention that. I had no idea sorcery had that type of stuff in it. Here I thought khain was showing us some mercy and added in some fancy feature to make living at the trader more desirable lol. Many thanks for the information.

Yeppers, Sorcery has a lot of craziness and more coming... the "modlet" label fools a lot of people into thinking it's more limited than it is. TFP has done a fantastic job at opening many doors for modlets and there's more coming. :)

Are we suppose to get exp when the Guard NPCs at the traders kill zombies? Not sure if this was answered already or not.

Nope. Guards will totally kill steal you and you get no XP, as Kickz found out today... :D

No near death trauma debuff anymore? Is there any penalty when you die?

On experimental... there is an altered near death debuff.

Health dropped to 50 for the duration.

Food dropped to 50 for the duration.

Stamina dropped to 50 for the duration.

-25% XP penalty for the duration.

However, decent food and drink will offset the health/food/stamina penalties to a max of 100... so +50.

So, how compatible is this mod and other Modlets? I have a few modlets installed, including:

Firearms 2

Ragsy's Find Bicycles

Ragsy's Useful Tires

Ragsy's Realistic Meat

Xajar Arrow Recipies

Xajar Brass Knobs from Doors

Xajar Death Debuff Timer

Xajar Faster Vehicle Speed

Xajar Flagstone Frames

Xajar Mod Tweaks

Xajar Trader Daily Restock

Xajar Wandering Horde Size

Xajar Water Refill

Quality Effectiveness Bonuses

Reduced Stamina Usage by Quality Level

Do any of these sound like they'd cause conflicts, or would Darkness Falls nestle nicely into these mods?

I make absolutely no guarantees any of them will work.

I know Firearms 2 should have been tweaked for better compatibility.

Tyres already have a use.

No idea what the arrow recipes is, but probably not because I edited arrow and bolt recipes.

Brass knobs from doors should be ok.

Death debuff timer should be ok.

Faster vehicle speed MIGHT be ok until 2.1 due to extra vehicles.

Flagstone frames might be... but eh... why?

Trader daily restock might be ok, but that's kinda OP and I don't recommend it.

Wandering horde size WONT be.

Water refill.... no idea what that is so can't comment.

Quality effectiveness bonus - Might be but don't use it. I balanced stuff around static damage/level so if you mess with that you're likely going to make a basic sniper rifle better than a coilgun since my new guns WON'T be in that modlet.

Most things already have reduced stamina usage per level, so I wouldn't mess with that either.

As a very general rule, modlets are use at your own risk. If it breaks the mod, not my problem.

I also wish folks would play DF WITHOUT ANY MODLETS first. It's taken bloody days to try and balance everything, so at least give it a try before you start ruining that, kk thx. :p

I also wish folks would play DF WITHOUT ANY MODLETS first. It's taken bloody days to try and balance everything, so at least give it a try before you start ruining that, kk thx. :p

I think most people do this though.

The reason for me is to mitigate the 'unwanted nerfs' from A17. I'm using custom vehicles (more expensive but faster) and quality damage bonus (learning INT doesn't feel useless that way).

Also considering quality damage bonus.

<remove xpath="/items/item/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']/passive_effect[@name='EntityDamage'][@operation='perc_add']"/>
<remove xpath="/items/item/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']/passive_effect[@name='BlockDamage'][@operation='perc_add']"/>
<append xpath="/items/item/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">
	<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="0,1" tier="1,6"/>
	<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value="0,2" tier="1,6"/>
</append>

Doesn't this apply to every item? Even modded ones?

Regarding experimental DF. I've seen it on the launcher, is it good (enough) to use or not?

It might, it also might not. It also doesn't take into account the extra tiers I'm going to be adding.

Experimental is.... pretty close to being fine for long term play. Hoping to finish it up over the next 5-6 days :) Then it's just bug fixing, item icons and localization.

I need some help. This is the first mod I have tried to download that's not directly through steam. I do not have the mod launcher so I followed the instructions for downloading without it. When I launch the game nothing seems to have changed. If someone could tell me what im doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi I wonder if it is ok that I can use parts of your mod in a private game I play with 2 good friends?

If I can do that, can I ask for help to make Hornet work? I can spawn it without any errors after some "random" tweaks, but it ignore me and I can't shoot it.

Thanks for a great mod :)

It might, it also might not. It also doesn't take into account the extra tiers I'm going to be adding.

Experimental is.... pretty close to being fine for long term play. Hoping to finish it up over the next 5-6 days :) Then it's just bug fixing, item icons and localization.

Great news, can't wait :encouragement:

Yeah, it has issues. I've tried playing it but the microstutter caused by the npcs make it not really playable. Also there seems to be some kind of texture glitch.

What surprised me is the even bigger inventory (though at the start most slots are locked).

Edited by Mythixdino (see edit history)

hi guys when i instal this mode to 17.2

blood moon frequency options are limited to disable/7 days

blood moon range is locked on 14 days option

Intended, but extra options are being added.

I need some help. This is the first mod I have tried to download that's not directly through steam. I do not have the mod launcher so I followed the instructions for downloading without it. When I launch the game nothing seems to have changed. If someone could tell me what im doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

It sounds like it might be unzipped incorrectly or in the wrong place. Open the zip file and there should be a folder in it. Open THAT and you should find 7DaystoDie_Data, Data and Mods.

Unzip that to your 7 days to die folder and overwrite when prompted. :)

Hi I wonder if it is ok that I can use parts of your mod in a private game I play with 2 good friends?

If I can do that, can I ask for help to make Hornet work? I can spawn it without any errors after some "random" tweaks, but it ignore me and I can't shoot it.

Thanks for a great mod :)

Hornet requires AnimationSDX to work, so you need to patch your DLL file. :)

Yeah, it has issues. I've tried playing it but the microstutter caused by the npcs make it not really playable. Also there seems to be some kind of texture glitch.

What surprised me is the even bigger inventory (though at the start most slots are locked).

NPC numbers are NOT final. I left them high for testing purposes, so that will be refined.... slowly. :)

Textures.... Kickz had the same problem. For some reason, the game is defaulting to Texture Streaming ON. Turn that off and it fixes it.

If it's possible,please make 'blood moon range' changeable,i love blood moon hordes a lot,to wait up to 21 day is a real torture :/:D

It's adjustable in your UI control panel if you are running A 17.2 .. just a thought here. IF you want it everyday you can.

I should say with my game anyway, but I have mine set to every 14 days, gives me more time to build.

I STAND Corrected .. I just checked and something I never noticed until now .. I set to 14 and didn't SEE the disable .. Me BAD

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)