Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi Khaine,

I wanted to play your experimental version but there's some kind of problem. I'm suing 72D2 mod launcher and it remains with a red cross and doesn't allow me to download it. I manually downlaoded but I don't know how to get it to work. Any suggestions?

Huh, that's really odd that the mod launcher is doing that.

So what I do is this...

1) Download a clean copy of 7DTD from steam.

2) Right-click it in steam, select properties, local files and then browse local files.

3) That will put you in the 7DTD directory in your PC. At the top, you'll see something like This PC > Steam > Steamapps > Common. Click on common.

4) In THAT folder, right-click 7 Days to Die and select copy.

5) Decide where you want a copy of the game. I like it on my SSD so I open This PC, double click my SSD drive and then right-click and select paste in a blank area in the new window.

6) Once the game has copied over, double-click the new folder you have and keep that window open.

7) Open the zip file you downloaded. It may have a folder called darknessfallsexperimentalclient-master or something like that. Double click THAT folder and you will see 3 more. 7DaystoDie_Data, Data and Mods.

8) Select those 3 folders and drag them to the window you left open.

9) That's it. Overwrite when prompted to do so, and then start the game from 7DaystoDie.exe... not 7DaystoDie_EAC.exe.

Died and Gained You are feeling an illness coming over you it seems it's duration is increasing rather than decreasing antibiotics do not work and it is currently hindering the crafting due to the negative effects so far I've had the illness for 1hr 30 mins

Hi Khaine,

I've managed to finally install the experimental version and I must say I really, really like the changes. From what I've seen, it seems that the civilian class is now mainly to get extra skill points, right? because the skills it opens are not that relevant if you play solo. Also, I've seen (by means of using creative mode) that you are going to add tons of stuff (and you have already added some, like the laser guns). Seems quite interesting (lots of titanium thingies!). I really, really like it so far :D

How do I learn a new class ingame, like find more class books. Can it be done from scavenging?

Not in 2.04. Scrap schematics you don't need for skill notes and use those to make a book.

In the experimental, I HAVE added them as rare loot drops. I've also added skill notes as a potential reward for trader quests. :)

Been loving this mod but just found out I should be trying experimental version instead of the other. I went to try to download it and it says failed to load mono when i try to load it. I also am getting an error message when trying to add mod saying error reading modlet data modlets unavailable. I also see this in the mod launcher window

Checking for SDX...

No Scripts or Patches found. Not running SDX.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml

Game Started

but it won't start.

That's really odd... I've only heard of linux users having that issue.

How are you installing and what OS?

Windows 10 I installed from a copy. Also my instal got halted because it froze then i tried to continue when i reopened mod launcher. So i just deleted it all and am trying to install from steam instead.

Edit: install form a copy as in copy from an exisiting copy

Edited by cdevine0104
clarification (see edit history)

Finally got experimental build up and running but still having the same problem that led to me finding out I wasn't using the most recent one. I'm also running the sorcery mod and even with points in the skills, sorcery armor equipped, and a spell cast equiped my stamina never goes past 100 to account for the "spirit" portion. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Loving this mod! Have a dumb question though. I just started the Farmer class and I'm having trouble locating apple trees. Which biome are they located in? I've tried searching the forums and online and I haven't found anything so far.

Not in 2.04. Scrap schematics you don't need for skill notes and use those to make a book.

In the experimental, I HAVE added them as rare loot drops. I've also added skill notes as a potential reward for trader quests. :)

OMG I need your modified version or file if can have. or would love to have. considering remaking my game bc of the class limit and being stuck as a certain class.

I'm new at this game and mod, and i'm confused, just learned Master Toolsmith 15 points, but cant make forged titanium coz i dont have the recipe, is this ok? all that 15 points to unlock only the tools recipes but not the forged titanium recipe? how can i learn that? maybe i'm not seeing something?

OMG I need your modified version or file if can have. or would love to have. considering remaking my game bc of the class limit and being stuck as a certain class.

Experimental version is on the launcher if you want to play with that. :)

However I just got Build 8 ready. Won't be getting uploaded until tomorrow though because it's 3:30am right now and I want to give it a test first.

I'm new at this game and mod, and i'm confused, just learned Master Toolsmith 15 points, but cant make forged titanium coz i dont have the recipe, is this ok? all that 15 points to unlock only the tools recipes but not the forged titanium recipe? how can i learn that? maybe i'm not seeing something?

It's Master Builder that unlocks the forged titanium. The Master Laborer book you find unlocks both perks.

Hi, I use the mod launcher to install this mod but I think something it's wrong, it says "No Scripts or Patches found. Not running SDX." when I want to play and always crashes at minutes of start (something made stop working my graphics controller)

Experimental version is on the launcher if you want to play with that. :)

However I just got Build 8 ready. Won't be getting uploaded until tomorrow though because it's 3:30am right now and I want to give it a test first.

It's Master Builder that unlocks the forged titanium. The Master Laborer book you find unlocks both perks.

Oh, so just spent 15 points for nothing haha, thanks for the answer!

KhaineGB, Thank you for such a wonderful Mod. I'm am loving it!

Question, I just recently moved to experimental and using some of your pre-gen worlds. I have noticed that the worlds seem to have lost a LOT of the details and resolution vs playing the same world in non-experimental. The other person who plays with me has this as well. Mostly it's the rocks, trees, and ground (above and below) that seem to start blurring once you start harvesting. And they stay blurry even when you restart the game. Any clue why?> It does mean mining for titanium becomes very frustrating as you can't see the different colours very well.

Thanks!

-DD

Hi, I use the mod launcher to install this mod but I think something it's wrong, it says "No Scripts or Patches found. Not running SDX." when I want to play and always crashes at minutes of start (something made stop working my graphics controller)

You might need to try reinstalling. It sounds like it hasn't properly applied the edited DLL, which does happen very occasionally. :)

KhaineGB, Thank you for such a wonderful Mod. I'm am loving it!

Question, I just recently moved to experimental and using some of your pre-gen worlds. I have noticed that the worlds seem to have lost a LOT of the details and resolution vs playing the same world in non-experimental. The other person who plays with me has this as well. Mostly it's the rocks, trees, and ground (above and below) that seem to start blurring once you start harvesting. And they stay blurry even when you restart the game. Any clue why?> It does mean mining for titanium becomes very frustrating as you can't see the different colours very well.

Thanks!

-DD

So I have NO idea why that happens...

But go into your Video options and turn OFF Texture Streaming. That fixes it. :)

@DDancer Those objects blurrs because your vram is full or gpu failed to reach certain performance to run this mod at full quality.

@KhaineGB i think when someone gets blurred objects then he should not turn off texture streaming, it might mean better textures but also loss of fps and mostly "Lag Spikes" that can make playing game very annoying.

@ to everyone and @DDancer

If you are looking for better perfomance solution (thus no blurring) then it lies in manually editing game video settings. With good tweaks you can go up from medium settings up to almost full ultra (only reflection off and if low vram textures half). I had no idea how shadow and grass distance really matters until i've used Geforce Experience from Nvidia drivers to optimize 7DtD (Nvidia has 7 Days to Die in their game boosting list).

Settings you wish to tweak is "Shadow distance" and "Grass Distance". I have no idea if Geforce Experience is changing also game files thus modding a bit game, but if it isn't then just manually adjust your game settings without downloading it via regedit under : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die

So far i'm able to play instead low-medium at medium-ultra settings like these:

settings7dtd.thumb.jpg.4fd62462587dd02a4d5f5bfa73f87b29.jpg

To stay as close as it is possible nearby 60 fps with medium-end PC/Laptop and high video settings i suggest to overclock your GPU if it is GTX 1060 or other one with smiliar/lower perf just for playing this game and then reset clocks back to default.

In my case i use MSI Afterburner since i have MSI computer (its always best to use your manufacturer software to be safe).

MSI Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Laptop version, can be overclocked without any stability loss to Core Clock: ~ +50-60 MHz and Memory Clock up to +200 MHz (i prefer to not go over 150 MHz).

You can see my settings here (about fan speed i set it extra safe to go 100% above 75 degrees of celsius)

msi.jpg.854e8b5fcc38baf0e67334e07dc82f97.jpg

About Darkness Falls mod spec req i will drop a bit of info as most of mods do not write details like these.

GPU you need atleast Geforce GTX 1060 to run at high-ultra settings. I have my GPU in PC desktop case but laptop version component, smaller and with only 3 GB vram so i needed half of texture size (using HDHQ 2K textures).

RAM is really important because with high/ultra settings and half size of textures, game can easily take 10 GB of it and maybe more if you do something big inside game.

Recommended: Dual Channel DDR4 atleast 16 GB

SSD a lot better than playing 7DtD on HDD, if you do not have it yet i suggest getting it for your OS and important games. Can greatly reduce any lag spikes.

CPU isn't needed ultra strong in this game, i'm using Intel i5-7400 and i've never reached its 100% usage with this game or any value near 100%.