Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

@KhaineGB Found one bug about NPC AI, it looks that they do not see hornets as enemies. They ignore them and i think they can be killed by them or atleast damaged by accident. Is there any way to heal trader guards?

About zombie hordes not coming wave after wave on 7 day i've looked around and found only 1 case of zombie digging behind tree 1 block deep and getting stuck. I think it has something with game internal refresh/communication not working correctly and resulting in not spawning zombies. During Blood Moon restarting game fixes that problem & water & food levels changes also so i'm sure something inside game engine is full of bugs.

I have few questions:

1. is it possible to enable zombies to be able to destroy rocks & trees? (just in case i was wrong)

2. is it possible to add additional checkpoints like if bloodmoon = 1 and zombies wave is alive longer than 180 seconds without dying then spawn new one?

The guards not shooting the hornets is a known issue because I kinda derped on setting up the AI. Working on fixing that, but also working on new models for them to see if it fixes the server issues. :)

I don't THINK you can heal them. I know the bandages are supposed to be usable on other players, no idea if that works on other entities though.

That'd make sense with the bloodmoon and getting stuck. I've tweaked the gamestage a little so it should hopefully spawn more zombies and be less likely to get stuck, but we'll see. Probably not knowing my luck.

Zombies are supposed to target and destroy blocks if they are in the way, which includes tree's and rocks. Key phrase there is SUPPOSED TO... sometimes they just don't. :D

Not sure on the bloodmoon. That may need some DLL nonsense way beyond my ability. I know the wandering horde kinda has that mechanic. Would be nice if we could use that for each "stage" of a bloodmoon, so if it gets stuck, it resets itself.

Help please! In random generated maps I am regularly getting a weird error. Often times _right_ after a quest is finished, sometimes when just moving from one place to another. For example, right after making the hammer during the intro quest, I got the following on repeat:

(In red) NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required

Every so often there was a white line, but it goes by too quickly for me to even read it. I've tried tab, esc, and even F1, but it always returns. I can type into the "window?" it pops up, but I have no idea what I should be typing.

In order to do anything I have to hit esc twice very quickly and then leave the game.

Thank you,

-DDancer

Hi Guys,

How can i change the bloodmoon to occure every night?

Thanks in advance.

You'd have to edit one of the XML files to allow it as an option.

I'm gonna be tweaking that though so folks have a few more bloodmoon options.

Help please! In random generated maps I am regularly getting a weird error. Often times _right_ after a quest is finished, sometimes when just moving from one place to another. For example, right after making the hammer during the intro quest, I got the following on repeat:

(In red) NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required

Every so often there was a white line, but it goes by too quickly for me to even read it. I've tried tab, esc, and even F1, but it always returns. I can type into the "window?" it pops up, but I have no idea what I should be typing.

In order to do anything I have to hit esc twice very quickly and then leave the game.

Thank you,

-DDancer

That means you got screwed by RWG and your map spawned with 0 traders.

So you need a new map. I have no idea WHY it's doing it because I set every single trader POI to min_count=1 so there should be at least 5.... but apparently not.

Thanks for the quick reply. Would force spawning in a trader stop it? Like doing so before you really even started the quests?

I do think it happened at least once when I finished a different quest, after the hammer. But I've started and stopped so many games in the last two weeks I'm all confused. :-)

Edited by DDancer (see edit history)

I thought I had replied to this. Must've clicked the wrong button. Whoops. :)

It might fix it. If you spawn a trader from the F6 menu, make sure From Biome Spawner is checked. That way it'll stick around.

You can also edit prefabs.xml in your world folder to manually add a trader or two, but you'd need to restart the save so the world regenerates.

Is there a way to make titanium bars that are not centered? The only kind I've found outside of the creative menu have been the centered kind.

Thanks!

Not in the curent version.

Just fixed that in version 2.1. Stainless Steel also got added back and the upgrade path is now...

Steel -> Stainless Steel -> Titanium.

So there's roughly 48 titanium block shapes + the 2 bars. :)

It looks like even more zombies in config sometimes make them stop coming so i was running outside fort like you said @KhaineGB and found another problem. I was pretty sure that i could survive so i moved a bit far from fort and when i came back i noticed zombies started spawning inside it near my claim block... When i was far away i noticed them spawning almost on my fort wall, didn't expect them to spawn even inside.

Any idea how to make them do not spawn inside my trader fort?

567494474_Bezamp160tytu322u.thumb.jpg.3646a3e99e9496f54b79d4645c5ec670.jpg

Also i found another AI bug, DF Night Stalker is like hornet completly ignored by NPC AI.

1311391359_Bezamp160tytu322u.thumb.jpg.c418c927109a30efb00f1368793fb1d7.jpg

Edited by halendor (see edit history)

It looks like even more zombies in config sometimes make them stop coming so i was running outside fort like you said @KhaineGB and found another problem. I was pretty sure that i could survive so i moved a bit far from fort and when i came back i noticed zombies started spawning inside it near my claim block... When i was far away i noticed them spawning almost on my fort wall, didn't expect them to spawn even inside.

Any idea how to make them do not spawn inside my trader fort?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28131[/ATTACH]

Also i found another AI bug, DF Night Stalker is like hornet completly ignored by NPC AI.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28132[/ATTACH]

Stuff spawning inside claim blocks/bed rolls has been a problem since A16. The trader just seems to make it worse... so not much I can do about that.

I'm aware the night stalker is also ignored by the AI. As mentioned, I'm currently re-doing the guard AI. :) Though it did crash the game when I added the night stalker to their targetting.... so there's that.

Question about skill progression.

I can't seem to find the skills to unlock cement mixer and crossbow, just to name a few. Which skills would I need and is it locked behind a class and if so which one?

Cement Mixer is Advanced Engineering 3, not class-locked.... or Hammer & Forge 4, which is Laborer class.

Crossbow is the Bow Weapons perk, level 1, not class locked and can be unlocked with a schematic if you don't want to spend the points. Pretty sure it's the schematic that looks like a compound bow. :)

Hello,

Great mod, loving it, just having one issue. I'm the Labourer class and I've made titanium frames but when I place them I can't upgrade them. I have over a thousand titanium ingots in my inventory and it still doesn't work. Is there a second ingredient I need?

Hello,

Great mod, loving it, just having one issue. I'm the Labourer class and I've made titanium frames but when I place them I can't upgrade them. I have over a thousand titanium ingots in my inventory and it still doesn't work. Is there a second ingredient I need?

I think you need a titanium hammer to upgrade titanium structures.-

My problem is that I can not collect sap from the trees. I use a bottle and left / right click and it does not work.

It's a bug or I need some specific perk

Thanks

@Dark33 i think you need to craft bowl? to get sap, something other than water bottle.

@KhaineGB Probably found secret you left? or something that should not generate in world, i'm trying to scrap everything and i found on roof (tier 2 mission) near tent with radiation suit zombies something that changed after wrench hit into "Test Weapon Loot" full of guns and weapons.

1571104911_Bezamp160tytu322u.thumb.jpg.a87fcf1c3f539edd813183f44bb6440a.jpg

I wanted to take something but i had feeling i would be cheating, is it bug or it supposed to be here? i have no idea if i should take some guns from it :/

1141562781_Bezamp160tytu322u.jpg.2c6b26bf316adfed8a42a0341e557ccd.jpg

@Dark33 i think you need to craft bowl? to get sap, something other than water bottle.

I found the problem

I have the BIOME OVERHAULS pack of the HDHQ Overhaul MOD installed.

If I remove the biome overhauls I can collect sap from the trees.

Works with bottles and bowls

Thanks

Hello,

Dark was correct. Titanium hammer needed.

Frames will be going away soon though, so you'll just be making solid blocks instead. Lets me add WAY more shapes... like I'm up to 47 right now. :)

@KhaineGB Probably found secret you left? or something that should not generate in world, i'm trying to scrap everything and i found on roof (tier 2 mission) near tent with radiation suit zombies something that changed after wrench hit into "Test Weapon Loot" full of guns and weapons.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28139[/ATTACH]

I wanted to take something but i had feeling i would be cheating, is it bug or it supposed to be here? i have no idea if i should take some guns from it :/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28140[/ATTACH]

More compo pack nonsense.

So I didn't add it. Someone did for the compo pack. I hate this nonsense.

I found the problem

I have the BIOME OVERHAULS pack of the HDHQ Overhaul MOD installed.

If I remove the biome overhauls I can collect sap from the trees.

Works with bottles and bowls

Thanks

That'll do it. :)

Sooooo... I found it.

But it only works properly with DM mode on.

Any chance you could tell us where to find this? what file, which commented section? :)

(back on page 81-82, talking about the target bar)

<window_group name="compass" actionSet="false">
<window name="windowCompass" />
<!--<window name="windowTargetBar" anchor="CenterTop" />-->
</window_group>

Data/Config/XUi/XUi.xml.

It's windowTargetBar. Just remember it ONLY works in DM mode for vanilla or any mod that isn't Darkness Falls. DF has a DLL patch so it works without DM mode.

2019-04-07T19:21:17 11.403 INF Started Terminal Window

2019-04-07T19:21:17 11.405 INF Awake done in 11343 ms

2019-04-07T19:21:19 12.817 INF Atlas reset took 1399 ms

2019-04-07T19:21:19 12.817 INF Atlas load took 1410 ms

2019-04-07T19:21:19 12.831 INF WinThread started

2019-04-07T19:21:19 12.906 INF NET: Starting server protocols

2019-04-07T19:21:19 12.914 INF NET: LiteNetLib server started

2019-04-07T19:21:19 12.917 INF StartGame

2019-04-07T19:21:19 13.166 INF Atlas reset took 113 ms

2019-04-07T19:21:22 15.698 INF Atlas got enough free room to fit icons. Old 2221 icons, 8192x4096, now 2722 icons

2019-04-07T19:21:22 15.747 INF Adding 504 sprites to atlas took 2741 ms

2019-04-07T19:21:22 16.588 INF Persistent GamePrefs saved

2019-04-07T19:21:23 16.726 INF StartAsServer

2019-04-07T19:21:23 17.303 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed

Exception: Class 'BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Mods' not found on block cropsGrowingMaster!

2019-04-07T19:21:24 17.950 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'items.xml' failed

Exception: Unknown block name 'wallTorchLightPlayer' in use_action!

2019-04-07T19:21:25 18.895 INF Item IDs with mapping

2019-04-07T19:21:25 18.896 INF ItemIDs from Mapping

HDR Render Texture not supported, disabling HDR on reflection probe.

2019-04-07T19:21:44 37.651 ERR Could not instantiate classEntityZombieNew, Mods' for entity_class 'DFzombieBehemoth'

2019-04-07T19:21:44 37.675 ERR Could not instantiate classEntityZombieNew, Mods' for entity_class 'DFzombieBehemothRadiated'

2019-04-07T19:21:44 37.697 ERR Could not instantiate classEntityMutant, Mods' for entity_class 'DFNightStalker'

2019-04-07T19:21:45 39.134 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'recipes.xml' failed

Exception: No item/block with name 'resourceMilitaryFiber' existing

2019-04-07T19:21:45 39.319 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'loot.xml' failed

Exception: Item with name 'qc_silenceofthelambs' not found!

2019-04-07T19:21:46 40.480 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'traders.xml' failed

Exception: Item with name 'tshirt' not found!

2019-04-07T19:21:47 41.390 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'biomes.xml' failed

Exception: Block with name 'terrSnow' not found!

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Since today our server suddenly stopped working at day 8...

Tried restarting and again, this is the third attempt... same issues.

Anyone an idea what those ERR's are?

Edited by Fren (see edit history)