Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hey KhaineGB, so how do I DL experimental version of the new DF.. I m running it with launcher, but i don't see any option to change to experimental version, just the normal version - just sort of finished the ordinary playthrough again and would like to try the new stuff :)

As for RWG the NITROGEN is really awsome, with ton of options and choices for map generation. Maps looks really great, with great looking mountains, roads are smooth and nicely connected, no floating buildings... looks like what maps should be like in the game - you can adjust them to your wishes - why can't TFP come up with something like this :D

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

Curious about the gyrocopter. I noticed many pages ago that it was removed for being open (sometime in 17.1) I didn't notice anywhere that it was added back in, yet the parts and completed item are still searchable in game. Is the copter in or out in the most current stable version of the mod?

Hey KhaineGB, so how do I DL experimental version of the new DF.. I m running it with launcher, but i don't see any option to change to experimental version, just the normal version - just sort of finished the ordinary playthrough again and would like to try the new stuff :)

As for RWG the NITROGEN is really awsome, with ton of options and choices for map generation. Maps looks really great, with great looking mountains, roads are smooth and nicely connected, no floating buildings... looks like what maps should be like in the game - you can adjust them to your wishes - why can't TFP come up with something like this :D

Have you UPDATED The Launcher Newest is 2.08.18955 ………. IT IS RIGHT UNDER Darkness Falls …… SAYS .. DF Experimental

Something I had on my mind for a while now...

What can you do during the night? Because there's more scary stuff spawning I usually just hide in a POI and wait for the next day.

Trader spawns but without guard npcs. Dedicated server (will retry)

The first few days, I usually hide, 2nd or 3rd day I like to get started on a mine before it gets dark so I can get resources during the night.

Traders without guards are intended on dedicated servers due to a bug.

I see you got it fixed. :)

And yeah, I'm looking into using Nitrogen if I can get the prefab list edited so it'll add in the compo pack + my POI's.

Okay so I'm back from the scavenging issue.

Tried it in SP and it indeed worked fine. However... on the server it didn't. At least I think I should've gotten one level after a day of looting.

Edit

After investigating more I noticed there are other issues with the dedicated server. NPC (Survivors & bandits) attack animation isn't show instead they are static while doing damage to what they target.

Stealth is working differently on the dedicated server. Looting, damaging stuff doesn't increase your visibility at all. I'm not sure if this is an issue in vanilla (didn't test this).

Edit 18/04

https://hastebin.com/efawofesig.sql

Seems like it happens when I select the iron spear with the inventory UI open

Suggestion: Make it so you can see the progression of the action attributes, like it was in A16.

Edited by Mythixdino (see edit history)

Hi, a question please: are the compo pack POIs based on CP37, or the newest v.38? If it's 37: are some edited, or all straight from CP, so we could update them ourselves?

It's 37, though I can look at updating it.

Okay so I'm back from the scavenging issue.

Tried it in SP and it indeed worked fine. However... on the server it didn't. At least I think I should've gotten one level after a day of looting.

Edit

After investigating more I noticed there are other issues with the dedicated server. NPC (Survivors & bandits) attack animation isn't show instead they are static while doing damage to what they target.

Stealth is working differently on the dedicated server. Looting, damaging stuff doesn't increase your visibility at all. I'm not sure if this is an issue in vanilla (didn't test this).

Edit 18/04

https://hastebin.com/efawofesig.sql

Seems like it happens when I select the iron spear with the inventory UI open

Suggestion: Make it so you can see the progression of the action attributes, like it was in A16.

I'll get a clean copy of the server and do more testing, but survivors and bandits were DEFINITELY working. The only reason I know that is because they had the Layer 1 spam issue, so I had to remake their animation controllers and retest on the server to make sure that issue was gone.

And no, XP progress for action skills is not currently possible because it requires DLL editing for the window controller. The only person who's done that is subquake and he hasn't made an SDX patch for it.

EDIT: Ok, update.

Survivors/bandits sometimes work... and sometimes don't. Trying to find out why.

Scavenging doesn't work on LOOT... so onSelfOpenLootContainer doesn't seem to be working properly and I'm not sure why. Scavenging level up from disassembling items with the wrench DOES work.

Spear fixed. I was trying to be smart. I failed. :D

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

May have a preliminary fix for scavenging on servers.

First round of tests seem to be working. I'm going to test it out more later to ensure it is still working, then test it out in single player as well to make sure it didn't break anything there.

@ KhaineGB

Have 2 Question ..

1 .. is the Big Forge suppose to burn all over when in use and smoke like this when just sitting:

1212551454_7DaystoDieScreenshot2019_04.18-18_32_55_68.thumb.jpg.91898fce9608db1d4524bed8121b871b.jpg

2 .. Do you have ghouls in 2.04 like Ravenhearst has for his nights wandering around .. Because I had one jump me outside of a Trader at night .. no problem killing … BUT it is the FIRST one that I have seen.

Thank you … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: Just a thought .. SP .. I'm not having any issues with Scavenging .. just read post above.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

So...cows and bulls now eh, lol? Thought I was playing Starvation there for a bit. I also poked around the spawning and groups and saw what ya did there...interesting. Oh...those bovine hit hard, lol.

As kickz found out, cows do not like to be petted... ;)

Okay...

Hotfix for the server scavenging issue is on Gitlab for anyone who wants to help test it.

I've tested it in SP and MP and everything still appears to be fine. The skill levels from looting and taking apart cars. But as we have already found out... just because I tested it doesn't necessarily mean it'll work. :D

EDIT: I should state that is for the experimental version, not the stable version... just to save confusion.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

You need a lockpicking set, and lockpicking components.

Equip the lockpick and hold right mouse on an UNDAMAGED safe, house door or blue metal door.

It does not work on hatches, the wooden doors the player can craft, the metal doors the player can craft or the vault door.

Ah that's why I couldn't do it on the iron door :miserable:

Anyway scavenging works now on dedicated server.

Other questions/concerns:

Is it normal that the visibility system works slightly different on the dedicated server?

Is the last tab in the perk tree not yet implemented?

Does your mod add any new vehicle(s)?

I know you can craft higher tiers if you have the perk but some class specific perks add another tier does this mean there are 7 tiers?

Some POIs drain fps.

Permadeath with this mod is tough.

Edited by Mythixdino (see edit history)

I could, but that's intended. :p It's supposed to be slow.

I can appreciate that - but I went and modded the mod anyway to make it faster and compatible with nailguns.

Now I'm just having issues with height data randomly dissapearing in RWG. May just have to play one of the static.

Is there a way to disable the water consumption when farming?

It's a good idea, unfortunately the very lackluster water "flowing" mechanics of the game do not play along well with it.

No.

And farming is not supposed to just be a fire and forget.

Ah that's why I couldn't do it on the iron door :miserable:

Anyway scavenging works now on dedicated server.

Other questions/concerns:

Is it normal that the visibility system works slightly different on the dedicated server?

Is the last tab in the perk tree not yet implemented?

Does your mod add any new vehicle(s)?

I know you can craft higher tiers if you have the perk but some class specific perks add another tier does this mean there are 7 tiers?

Some POIs drain fps.

1) Not sure what you mean. The server XML is almost identical to the single player XML, which controls the visibility. The only difference is server start with 1 class book, not 2.

2) Just the localization is missing. The perks have effects. No you can't buy them, you have to make items to access that tree and be player level 100+

3) Yes. There's guppys shopping cart, which can be made by anyone, and the muscle car which is mechanic only.

4) No. There's 8 ;)

5) Might want to get screenshots of them and report them in the compo pack thread then. The only POI'S I made were the bunkers, which I know are laggy due to the sleepers.

1) Not sure what you mean. The server XML is almost identical to the single player XML, which controls the visibility. The only difference is server start with 1 class book, not 2.

I'll just mention what the dedicated server "lacks" compared to SP:

Damaging anything (wood, metal, stone) doesn't affect visibility at all. Destroying doesn't either.

Attacking enemies doesn't as well.