Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

sorcery-logo-splash.png

v0.7 Is Now LIVE!

Residents of Darkness Falls, this Sorcery Update includes a handful of important fixes for you! :)

Sorcery v0.7 Features

• Stable: Playthrough Ready
  • NEW: Spell Charging (See Notes)

• NEW: Stack Overhaul (See Notes)

• NEW: Sorcery Crafting now tied to <Element Mastery>

• FIXED: Multiplayer Bugs (See Notes)

• FIXED: DF Sorcery Crafting

• FIXED: RH Sorcery Crafting

• FIXED: Certain Entities were immune to Spells (DF/RH/Custom)

• FIXED: Unreliable Rune Damage / Effects

• BALANCE: All Spells now properly rely on Stacks (Orbs)

• BALANCE: Kill XP expires shortly after leaving vicinity of marked foes

• UPGRADE: Sorcery Framework upgraded for even better performance and compatibility (See Notes)

• ...there's a very loud thunder in the distance

Spell Charging / Stack Overhaul

• VISUAL: Stacks are now visually represented by Spellcast Orbs

• ORBS: The number of Spellcast Orbs visible around the wrist is the number of Stacks you'll add on each hit

• LASTING: Stacks now persist for 10 seconds for all foes and only expire when you stop casting same element Spells

• REFRESH: Stacks are refreshed for all foes while casting Same Element Spells

• Tier 2+ Spells now properly rely on stacks for their impressive damage/effects

• CHARGING: Spells can now be Charged to Apply Stacks to your foes on impact

• MAX CHARGING: Tier 1 Spells are the only spells that can Charge Max Stacks, while Tier 2-5 can Charge one

• SYNERGIES: See the in-game Spell Descriptions within the Sorcery Skill Tree for detailed Stack synergies and usage across Spells

Multiplayer / Dedicated Server

STABLE: The nasty multiplayer bugs have been worked around and exterminated! Sorcery has been extensively tested in P2P and Dedicated Multiplayer environments: Vanilla, Ravenhearst and Darkness Falls to ensure maximum stability and compatibility.

** A very special thank you to Jaga for providing the dedicated server, directly helping with the multiplayer testing and for providing valuable feedback this past week!

Darkness Falls

Residents of Darkness Falls will no longer run into foes immune to Spells; No one escapes Elemental Annihilation! Additionally, residents may now enjoy higher quality Sorcery Crafting based on <Element Mastery> of the item you wish to craft. Sorcerer Armor will look for your Highest <Element Mastery> level.

NOTE: Due to the non standard scale of certain DF Entities, some Spells may be invisible or supersized on these entities.

NOTE: Please remember not to bother Khaine with any Sorcery related questions. Instead, refer directly to the Sorcery Thread or Wiki.

7d2d-sorcery-wiki.png

Edited by Devrix
Sorcery Crafting is governed by <Element Mastery>; Reinstall Modlet if having trouble (see edit history)

That looks awesome!!! any chance you'll add other new mods for weapons (new skins maybe? or a mod that allows shotguns to be useful?) Or...increase the number of mods per level of weapon? :D (even if the one you increase is the final one, it would be awesome ...imagine having up to 8-9 mods per weapon :p!)

Hiya All, Need some help on a couple things.

Generator Bank?? What perk is it under? I have "used" the generator bank schematic and have all the electric perks unlocked but it still says required recipe unknown when I try to craft it. Is it hidden somewhere else?

Also, under advanced forge, it shows red 0 or 1 on the perks, yet I can craft it. I have the red 0's all through my perk trees. Whats up with this?

electric.jpg.d55f169cadf2f1b5fda8d30182632292.jpg

Mods, maybe... but not new skins.

Just because I SUCK at texturing. :D I also don't know if it's possible to swap skins on a gun model. I know it is on the zombies... but not sure about guns.

Increased mods is already a feature. Not 8-9, but quality level 8 increases most weapons/tools from 5 slots to 6. The reason I limited it to that is because the installable tags limits how many you can put on 1 weapon/tool as is.

And I really didn't feel like re-writing all of the tags. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hiya All, Need some help on a couple things.

Generator Bank?? What perk is it under? I have "used" the generator bank schematic and have all the electric perks unlocked but it still says required recipe unknown when I try to craft it. Is it hidden somewhere else?

Also, under advanced forge, it shows red 0 or 1 on the perks, yet I can craft it. I have the red 0's all through my perk trees. Whats up with this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28214[/ATTACH]

I think the generator bank is using the A17 method of unlocking. I need to double check it against perks and fix as necessary,

Red number means you don't meet the requirements in some way. So in the case of the advanced forge, you probably took the laborer class because the laborer gets it at Hammer and Forge 5.

ALWAYS check your class perks and their descriptions before you buy a generic perk. :)

I think the generator bank is using the A17 method of unlocking. I need to double check it against perks and fix as necessary,

Red number means you don't meet the requirements in some way. So in the case of the advanced forge, you probably took the laborer class because the laborer gets it at Hammer and Forge 5.

ALWAYS check your class perks and their descriptions before you buy a generic perk. :)

Thanks for the quick reply KhaineGB. I figured the red meant I got it in the specific class tree but wanted to double check. As for the generator, anywhere I can check and fix in the configs? I am at the stage of powering my base but can't unlock it for some reason.

Looks like I forgot to add it as an unlockable to electricity basics.

So add it here... this is in progression.xml.

<perk name="perkElectricBasics" parent="skillPerks" name_key="perkElectricBasicsName" desc_key="perkElectricBasicsDesc" base_skill_point_cost="1" min_level="0" max_level="2" icon="ui_game_symbol_electric_power">
	<level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkCraftScience" operation="GTE" value="1" desc_key="reqScience1"/></level_requirements>
	<level_requirements level="2"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkCraftScience" operation="GTE" value="2" desc_key="reqScience2"/></level_requirements>

<effect_group>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="1,2" tags="wireTool,electricwirerelay,switch,ceilingLight01_player,electrictimerrelay"/>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="2" tags="spotlightPlayer,speaker,pressureplate,pressureplateLong,motionsensor,generatorbank"/>
		<effect_description level="1" desc_key="perkElectricBasicsRank1Desc"/>
		<effect_description level="2" desc_key="perkElectricBasicsRank2Desc"/>
	</effect_group>
</perk>

I'll either add it as a level 2 to that or make it a seperate perk like it was in A16. :)

Looks like I forgot to add it as an unlockable to electricity basics.

So add it here... this is in progression.xml.

<perk name="perkElectricBasics" parent="skillPerks" name_key="perkElectricBasicsName" desc_key="perkElectricBasicsDesc" base_skill_point_cost="1" min_level="0" max_level="2" icon="ui_game_symbol_electric_power">
	<level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkCraftScience" operation="GTE" value="1" desc_key="reqScience1"/></level_requirements>
	<level_requirements level="2"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkCraftScience" operation="GTE" value="2" desc_key="reqScience2"/></level_requirements>

<effect_group>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="1,2" tags="wireTool,electricwirerelay,switch,ceilingLight01_player,electrictimerrelay"/>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="2" tags="spotlightPlayer,speaker,pressureplate,pressureplateLong,motionsensor,generatorbank"/>
		<effect_description level="1" desc_key="perkElectricBasicsRank1Desc"/>
		<effect_description level="2" desc_key="perkElectricBasicsRank2Desc"/>
	</effect_group>
</perk>

I'll either add it as a level 2 to that or make it a seperate perk like it was in A16. :)

Thanks mate, will add now to mine. Love the mod, not too hard but feels right with progression etc.

Edited by Wacko (see edit history)

I just loaded up the new experimental version. I got an error when loading about a loot.xml issue. I tried to play anyways and everything seemed to be fine until I tried to loot a dropped loot bag. I could not loot it as an error came up something about a bad item. Any suggestions. Oh and I did have an increased loot drop mod added at first. Thought that might be the issue so I removed it. Same issue, so I reinstalled your mod and restarted. Same issue

I just loaded up the new experimental version. I got an error when loading about a loot.xml issue. I tried to play anyways and everything seemed to be fine until I tried to loot a dropped loot bag. I could not loot it as an error came up something about a bad item. Any suggestions. Oh and I did have an increased loot drop mod added at first. Thought that might be the issue so I removed it. Same issue, so I reinstalled your mod and restarted. Same issue

I suggest starting a new world as well (if you didn't do this).

After uninstalling and reinstalling again there was no problem. I am guessing that there must have been a little something left from the modlette somewhere.

One other thing I just ran into is I got all 5 points in pack mule but it only opened about half my pack. 53 slots to be exact. Is there something else that opens the rest?

Edited by Boe14
Editing (see edit history)

After uninstalling and reinstalling again there was no problem. I am guessing that there must have been a little something left from the modlette somewhere.

One other thing I just ran into is I got all 5 points in pack mule but it only opened about half my pack. 53 slots to be exact. Is there something else that opens the rest?

Try a backpack - you do need tailor workbench and sewing kit to make it. You also have DFarmor mods that unlocks 10+ slots.

Though regular storage mods doesn't work in armors.

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

Khaine playing DF Experimental:

So I'm going through progression.xml for Butchering tools lvl2, perkbowweapons2... and it says requirements are reqweapons4 - which means i leveled to lvl80 unlocked all crafting perks to lvl4 ( weps, tools, guns... ) yet it still says I don't meet the requirements? According to progression.xml this should be it - so what am I missing?

Side note - you did a superb job in balancing the pack - best by far, but :) it would be even better without any level gates ( personaly I prefer "gates" behind skills progression or combination of those.

Also if you find a book recipe than recipe should be unlocked, but materials like steel for example are still locked behind normal progression, which means you either buy them or find them elsewhere salvaging etc. I know you are limited by TFP limitations, but I think these could be done.

One more - last one I promise: generalschematics should have higher drop chance since they are the only way to make mods. Day 19 and I only found 5 of those after looting 2 Bookstore towers and 5 big libraries ( QualityJoe 5/5 ) - I have only few mods that I found in loot boxes, but mostly for tools. Maybe a little tweak here would be nice, since recipes requires from 5 - 10 schematics for a single mod.

Great playthrough so far, you really balanced the perks and gameplay spot on. ( with few tweaks perhaps as mentioned above ).

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

I'm fairly new to Darkness Falls but I am really loving it. The creators have done an amazing job!!!! One thing I have been stuck on is a welding torch. I can't craft it and I can't find it at any traders so far. Is it a rare spawn? Would love to build a minibike but that torch is needed. Can anyone help?

Hi Lorri,

It happened to me in my first playthrough, too. My advise; you usually spawn near a place called "drugs and guns". Near that place there's a merchant and quite close a city. Go to the city and keep looking for places where there are construction boxes (there are shops with a sign saying something like "XX tools".) The welding torch tends to spawn on these boxes. Also, look for big buildings because some are like supermarkets (or something along the lines) and you have lots of loots and construction boxes there.

I'm fairly new to Darkness Falls but I am really loving it. The creators have done an amazing job!!!! One thing I have been stuck on is a welding torch. I can't craft it and I can't find it at any traders so far. Is it a rare spawn? Would love to build a minibike but that torch is needed. Can anyone help?

You can find them in Pass-n-Gass crates, working stiff crates. But Pass n gass crates has the highest drop rate for me.

You also need a full set of clothes, with triple-storage pockets installed... yes those go on clothes now, and chest armor with the tactical rigging installed.

Khaine playing DF Experimental:

So I'm going through progression.xml for Butchering tools lvl2, perkbowweapons2... and it says requirements are reqweapons4 - which means i leveled to lvl80 unlocked all crafting perks to lvl4 ( weps, tools, guns... ) yet it still says I don't meet the requirements? According to progression.xml this should be it - so what am I missing?

Side note - you did a superb job in balancing the pack - best by far, but :) it would be even better without any level gates ( personaly I prefer "gates" behind skills progression or combination of those.

Also if you find a book recipe than recipe should be unlocked, but materials like steel for example are still locked behind normal progression, which means you either buy them or find them elsewhere salvaging etc. I know you are limited by TFP limitations, but I think these could be done.

One more - last one I promise: generalschematics should have higher drop chance since they are the only way to make mods. Day 19 and I only found 5 of those after looting 2 Bookstore towers and 5 big libraries ( QualityJoe 5/5 ) - I have only few mods that I found in loot boxes, but mostly for tools. Maybe a little tweak here would be nice, since recipes requires from 5 - 10 schematics for a single mod.

Great playthrough so far, you really balanced the perks and gameplay spot on. ( with few tweaks perhaps as mentioned above ).

Huh, I have no idea on the weapons. I'll do some testing later.

The reason there are level gates, is because A16 had level gates. THe progression for the experimental version is basically A16 + some A17 bits I liked. ;) A lot of folks forget A16 had level gates in place.

Will look into those schematics. I had a feeling they didn't drop often enough too. May move them into the common book group.

EDIT: Turns out the schematics WERE in the common book group, but not having a probability assigned to them... because I stupidly thought that'd make it default to 1... meant they weren't dropping as often as I'd like.

Also got rid of the quality levels on the books, finally.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Hi Khaine,

Are all these new traits going to be also in the Darkness Falls "normal" version or is this experiment version exclusive? If they are going to be for the normal Darkness Falls, do you know when they'll be available?

Thanks!!!